Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJohnnyRingo
Stranger
first time
    #3790702 - 02/16/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

so i met some bud smokers while I was out smoking with my friend, and we smoked with them, then they said they were getting shrooms within a month, so they are going to call me. It will be my first time, and i've been smoking trees for about a year now, and have gotten to the point where a bowl of regs doesnt really get me high, and dank gets me stoned as fuck real easy. So for my first time would i want a whole eighth or half? I'm probably going to be alone in my room, so would it be alright to smoke some weed? also, i was thinkin about drawing sometime during my experience, what is the best time to draw?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: first time [Re: JohnnyRingo]
    #3790840 - 02/16/05 08:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Whoa. First off, don't do them alone in your room, bad idea. You sound young, so if you live with your parents, tripping with them asleep in the other room (especially the first time) is not a good idea. Do them with other people that you know. Better yet with people that have done them before. A half eighth would probably be the best for your first time, but if you want to go for a whole eighth you could, but it would be pretty intense for someone who's never experienced any psychedelics before. Smoking weed is usually good while tripping, just taking a few hits (high but not stoned) on the come up will get rid of any nausea and make it a little smoother. Smoking during the peak will really intensify your trip, so smoke with caution if your already tripping good.

Good luck, and remember to keep your cool. Go with the flow :smile:

Edit: Quick tip on drawing. If you do have the urge, don't sit down and think about what your going to draw. Just draw, it doesn't matter what. Just draw. After the trip you'll have a masterpiece of psychedelia.

Edited by Trainwreck (02/16/05 08:36 PM)

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: first time [Re: JohnnyRingo]
    #3790891 - 02/16/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I would recommend taking 2.5 grams for your first time. And I strongly recommend waiting until you know you're tripping to start smoking weed - otherwise, it will be harder to tell how well the mushrooms are working. Pot and mushrooms synergize extremely well. Once you start tripping, you'll see how much firing up a bowl can intensify your trip. I can't tell you the "best" time to start drawing. You could wait until you're feeling inspired, or you could just start scribbling and see where that takes you. Have fun!

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: first time [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3790910 - 02/16/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trainwreck said:
Smoking during the peak will really intensify your trip, so smoke with caution if your already tripping good.

Hehe - looks like we were on the same wavelength on that one.  :smirk:

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: first time [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3792833 - 02/17/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you're talking like you're under the impression that marijuana and
mushrooms are the same deal. forgive me if i'm mistaken, but you
should do some research before eating mushrooms.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: first time [Re: BloodNOil]
    #3793764 - 02/17/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

First weed and mushies are very different... you should think about that for a while.
Second, don't eat mushies by yourself for your first trip, bad idea.
Third, some people like to smoke weed just after they've eaten the mushies.
Fourth draw whenever you feel like it, don't think about "what" to draw, just draw. And personally I like the blacklite and highliter drawing best when I'm tripping.
Lastly, have a good time!

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: first time [Re: i_rage_against]
    #3797858 - 02/18/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"Looking for a better high" is no excuse to try shrooms. Psychedelics are perilous and are not to be done just for fun. If you trip won't just get cool visuals and sensations, you will get the whole package of Heaven and Hell! I hope you have a great trip, but don't bite off more than you can chew (literally and figuratively).

Peace/Love
Dr0mni

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: first time [Re: dr0mni]
    #3798599 - 02/18/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I like to do psychedelic drugs for fun. Why else would you do them if you did not enjoy the experience? They are fun, plain and simple.
Sometimes it is just your definition of fun that needs to be tweaked.
They are more different than what you could know before you ever took them, however that does not stop them from being fun. Just because everyone in the world looks down on fun and smiling and happy people doesn't mean the psychedelic enthusiast must. Everytime I trip I usually get around to saying: "I love tripping, it is so much fun."

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinetomas
half scientist,half monkey

Re: first time [Re: mecreateme]
    #3798727 - 02/18/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't do psychedelics just for fun, but I agree that they are usually a lot of fun. Terence McKenna compared psychedelics (perhaps mushrooms or DMT) to the biggest roller coaster of the world. I respect people who do it just for fun, not seeking any spiritual enlightment. Isn't it wonderful that people can now have trascendental experiences in a rave, without any direct association to religions or the spiritual? I think psychedelics are very democratic. They make these experiences available to every one of us, and let us make of them whatever we want.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: first time [Re: tomas]
    #3802819 - 02/19/05 11:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Of course they're fun! I never said they weren't or that it was wrong to have fun on psyches'; some of the funnest moments of my life were on shrooms! But some of the scariest and worst moments were too. There is much joy to be had in every aspect of life, especially trippping! God wants us to have joy!

I'm just saying that fun is not the only thing you are going to get and you have to accept that before you take shrooms. If you wan't to take a drug and have a guaranteed good time, take some MDMA. If you are willing to accept the risks of shrooms then by all means go right ahead and take them. Just don't complain afterwards that "everything is different now and I'm having trouble integrating my experiance" when all you wanted to do that night was see cool colors and get fucked up.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: first time [Re: i_rage_against]
    #3802832 - 02/19/05 11:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i_rage_against said:
First weed and mushies are very different... you should think about that for a while.
Second, don't eat mushies by yourself for your first trip, bad idea.
Third, some people like to smoke weed just after they've eaten the mushies.
Fourth draw whenever you feel like it, don't think about "what" to draw, just draw. And personally I like the blacklite and highliter drawing best when I'm tripping.
Lastly, have a good time!

I agree. I ate mushrooms by myself the first time, and did all right, but many people do not. If you have ever had a panic attack, anxiety, or the like on marijuana, then definitely do shrooms in good company.

Drawing is great from the come-up all the way til the comedown (and it's great to trace the drug's effects from beginning to end via drawing and provides a great catalyst for recollection of your trip).

Smoking weed may help increase your visuals and the overall trippiness, but can increase risk of a panic attack, anxiety, or a sense of fuzzing your mind.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: first time [Re: TinTree]
    #3805032 - 02/20/05 12:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you know, even though I love to draw, I can NEVER draw when I'm tripping! Like, I can, but I can never do it for more than five minutes because I get distracted. I have a very short attention span while tripping. All my sober art is trippy as fuck anyways though (and always was, even before I started tripping).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience