Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNextKind
Cannabinoid

Would honey-water multiply your spore supply?
    #3789871 - 02/16/05 03:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you only inject 1-2cc into each honey-water jar, and it grows myc.. how much myc do you have put into each jar of substrate? Only a little from each honey water jar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: NextKind]
    #3789894 - 02/16/05 03:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just follow your typical inoculation guidelines as you would with spore water. Ex: .25, .50 cc's each injection hole, per tek of course.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3790065 - 02/16/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1/4cc in karo and then go to town on the jars

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineMontyRev
Stranger
Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: tahoe]
    #3790356 - 02/16/05 05:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

bump*
i wanna know this answer also

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: MontyRev]
    #3790419 - 02/16/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MontyRev said:
bump*
i wanna know this answer also

The answer was given, you use the same amount of liquid culture as you would spore solution. Like 1cc per jar.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3791760 - 02/17/05 03:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Mmmmmmmmm.... honey water and spores. Mmmmmmmmmm..

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3791859 - 02/17/05 04:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NextKind said:
If you only inject 1-2cc into each honey-water jar, and it grows myc.. how much myc do you have put into each jar of substrate? Only a little from each honey water jar?

To start a liquid culture (LC) from spores, you just want to MAKE SURE you inject a few, or more spores into the liquid in each container. It is not a matter of how many cc/ml of fluid you inject, it is a matter of just being sure some spores get into the solution.

Depending on the type jar you use, it's size & if you rig it with a filter, to it can breath a bit, plus something like a few cracked in half marbles to help agitate & CUT UP THE RESULTING MYC MASS into tiny bits.

you will find the mycelia mass is stringy. So much so, it can sometimes plug a syringe needle when you try to extract it. So before you extract any, you want to agitate the jar content - VERY WELL.

If not & you do get a syringe full. It is sort of like a syringe full of FINE SHORT THREADS. If you inject a syringe like that into a verm/brf type jar, ot a grain / wbs jar. You will generaly find most of the myc you inject, will stay on top, or near the top of the jar content. Simply because short thread/like myc will not travel in solution, like spores WILL.

SO..... (IMHO) you want to inject MORE MYC SOLUTION, than you would spore solution. How much more is on you to decide. For quarts of rye/wbs my foaf injects min. 2.5 cc/ml per jar. Then, shakes it gently a few times (right then) to insure myc is spread throught the jar. Instead of just near the top of the jar content.

This will result in colonization a bit more difficult to SEE on the jar sides, but will result in FASTER over/all colonization with liquid culture injection.

Having a stip plate / stir bar setup really helps out. Because you get THICK MYC & can stir it at very hugh RPM, which breaks the myc into tiny tiny threads, instead of long ones.

Hope this helps.

--------------------

Offline1uvu
stranger/neighbor
Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: agar]
    #3793488 - 02/17/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

where would i find the tek for honeywater?

Offlinemidway
Stranger

Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: 1uvu]
    #3793648 - 02/17/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Really its also worth saying that liquid cultures are somewhat prone to contaminations, so be extra careful if you are a beginner.
The way i stockpiled spores is i carefully grew out my first syringes in pf jars and printed every cap that i could...now i have way more than i need to play around with. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

OfflineNextKind
Cannabinoid

Re: Would honey-water multiply your spore supply? [Re: midway]
    #3793969 - 02/17/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

midway said:
Really its also worth saying that liquid cultures are somewhat prone to contaminations, so be extra careful if you are a beginner.
The way i stockpiled spores is i carefully grew out my first syringes in pf jars and printed every cap that i could...now i have way more than i need to play around with. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Was it a chain store than you bought your syringes from? like walgreens? I've found some at a feed store but the needles are very short

Offlinemidway
Stranger

#3798935 - 02/18/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I got them from a feed store...it was the only way to get large gauge...had to settle for the short needles though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale