Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Marijuana Board Game Weeded From Toy Fair
    #3790222 - 02/16/05 06:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Feb 16, 6:13 PM EST

Marijuana Board Game Weeded From Toy Fair

CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- A Monopoly-style board game in which players run an imperiled marijuana growing operation has been uprooted from the New York Toy Fair, the Calgary Sun reports.

The Grow-Op Game, manufactured by Bored Games Corp. of Vancouver, British Columbia, was pulled because Toy Industry Association officials decided it violates the values the group seeks to portray and its mandate to support positive development of children.

"It really did surprise me," Bored Games spokesman Ivan Solomon said. "There's a lot of other games out there touting everything from guns to war and violence. We see this game as a sort of education: If you're thinking about starting a grow operation, it's not going to be easy."

While trying to grow B.C. Bud, a potent form of marijuana cultivated mainly indoors in British Columbia, players may be ratted out by neighbors, electricity cut off and the harvest endangered by flood, fire, fungus, bugs and ceiling collapse, not to mention police raids.

Grow-Op, the brainchild of a young, 20-something reformed grower known only as Rabbit to conceal his identity, began selling online and at a small number of stores in Canada late last year.

He came up with the idea of demonstrating the pitfalls of the business while serving time in jail, Solomon said.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police have not been amused. Cpl. Scott Rintoul of the Mounties' Drug Awareness Squad, has said Grow-Op fails to show the potential damage to organized crime victims.

"It's not a game," Rintoul said.

? 2005 The Associated Press. here

--------------------
"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Marijuana Board Game Weeded From Toy Fair [Re: vinsue]
    #3798799 - 02/18/05 04:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

We see this game as a sort of education: If you're thinking about starting a grow operation, it's not going to be easy."

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Marijuana Board Game Weeded From Toy Fair [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3800139 - 02/18/05 08:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Now where can I get this game??!

Invisibleveggie

Re: Marijuana Board Game Weeded From Toy Fair [Re: MOTH]
    #3801502 - 02/19/05 12:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"Now where can I get this game??!"

You can order from the Grow Op Game order page

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service