Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVortex663
Stranger
Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping?
    #3784190 - 02/15/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've never tried shrooms, always wanted to but have never gotten the chance, but I heard that Red Dawn gives a similar trip to it. Red Dawn is a liquid mood enhancer...you take like 10 capfuls and after about an hour you start tripping for about 2 hours, then just feel really weird and good for another 4 hours. Anyway, has anybody tried Red Dawn that can compare the two? With shrooms, do you trip with your eyes open? With Red Dawn, your chair will move and your body will feel like it's floating, and things look weird, but you don't actually see weird things or fly around unless you close your eyes. Also, do you hear things when you trip on shrooms? One thing I noticed with tripping on Red Dawn is that there is NO noise. Sometimes I close my eyes and I'm in a club, and there's 40 people all around me, moving slowly, and I can tell they're talking to eachother, and some come over and talk to me, and their mouths move, but no sound comes out at all. It's very weird too. If I picture, for example, a hot girl across the room, she'll appear there, and with my eyes closed, she looks completely real and 3-D. Whenever I picture somebody and they walk towards me, their face always changes at they get close to me, and gets uglier and disfigured when they get real close. Sometimes it gets scary, but usually I have the willpower to open my eyes and get back to semi-reality, and when I close them again a different trip starts. Then they always walk right past me and I can't make come back in front of me. Once I "make" a person appear and they start walking towards me, I can't make them disappear or affect what they do. Anyway, I also trip to places all over the world, to jungles and snowey mountains, and flying above cities and in outer space. Last night I was flying above a city, and I flew down fast and became tiny and flew into a crevice between 2 threads on a pair of someone's blue jeans, and was running up the thread. Very strange.

Just wondering if anyone can compare the two trips. I like Red Dawn because it's $40 and lasts you about 8 trips, and it's legal (don't know how) so that's a plus. Also, if you've tried T2N (Trip 2 Night), it's the same thing as Red Dawn, just in capsule form. So, anybody know?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: Vortex663]
    #3784207 - 02/15/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think your a crazy bastard.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: shroommachine]
    #3784257 - 02/15/05 04:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard alot about "Red Dawn" lately.
Some kind of headshop tripping potion.

--------------------
It's so far out the way out is in
George Harrison

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: keepontruckin]
    #3784369 - 02/15/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I cant take anything seriously that shares its name with the 2nd worst movie ever.

OfflineVortex663
Stranger
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3784983 - 02/15/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Heh, all I can say is try it before you judge it. I had some friends that tried it and said how great it was...I didn't believe them until I tried it on Friday night. Anyway, how does what I explained compare to shrooming trips? Do you hear voices or noises, or just see things?

You've heard people on these boards talking about Salvia, right? This is kind of along the same lines...a sort of somehow legal drug. I guess these things somehow just barely get by being legal. Anyway for you skeptics, give it a try, and if you've tried it, tell me how the effects are different.

--------------------
"Stop it, you're eating my brain!"

-me talking to friends screwing with me while tripping :-P

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #3785377 - 02/15/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mushrooms produce aural hallucinations (strange sounds), but i
wouldn't describe them as sounds. It's more of an uncontrollable
vibration between the ears (for me at least).

The safe bet is to assume mushrooms are like nothing you've ever experienced.

Also, what you're describing sounds like a delerium, as opposed to
a trip. the differences are subtle.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleSausage
Hamster with asausage

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: BloodNOil]
    #3785444 - 02/15/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've had that ringing in my ears when i've tripped too, but the funny thing is, it only happens when i look at a clock.. It's weird..

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: Sausage]
    #3785481 - 02/15/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What is the active ingredient in Red Dawn, what is the chemical? or whatever is in it. I hope it is not some kind of dramamine.

Mushrooms do produce audio hallucinations. Never heard of people saying the mushrooms talk to them? Very common. I always have audio hallucinations of many different types, least of all things whispering my name.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3785497 - 02/15/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah there was a thread about Red Dawn a while back and we couldn't come up a definitive list of ingredients except for something like "Native Indian Root" or something very vague, and I agree it does sound like a deleriant that's possibly anticholinergenic.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: dblaney]
    #3785820 - 02/15/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i aint goin near that shit!!!!

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: sui]
    #3785951 - 02/15/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'd need to know more about it before I tried it.

Offline33L
Stranger

Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: MOTH]
    #3786464 - 02/15/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've never tried it, but I googled (red dawn trip) and found this. Looks like your basic energy booster. Ingredients: Ma Huang, Guarana, 5-HTP, Bioperidine, Indian Bromine, Cinnamon, Cola-Nut, Niacin, Fo-Ti. 9

--------------------
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.

Philip Kindred Dick

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: 33L]
    #3787303 - 02/16/05 12:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So what're you saying? They're placebo effects?

It sounds like something beerbongers who can't get real psychedelics would buy.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: BorgFace]
    #3787365 - 02/16/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've never shroomed or tripped on red dawn before... but as far as I know, legal highs are just total crap.

And referring to the Red Dawn ingredients above... it sounds like a weight loss pill! And I thought that Ma Huang (Ephedra) was banned.

But anyway... the only thing I've ever "tripped" on was weed. Before I ever tried weed, I spent a long time reading about it on the internet... trying to imagine what it'd be like to be high. When I actually tried it... it was a feeling that I feel like I've felt before, but it was completely different to everything that I've ever felt. Hopefully shrooms will give me the same feeling of amazment.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: deadmoap]
    #3787427 - 02/16/05 12:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ODD: Red Dawn
Quote:

Caffeine
Guarana
Vitamin b-12
Vitamin b-3
Ginseng
Liquorish (?)
Potassium glycerol phosphate
Gotu Kola
Foti
Bioperine
Wild Amazon berry extract (?????? vague...)
Yohimbine
Indian Bromine
Bitter Orange

--------------------
delta9

OfflineVortex663
Stranger
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: delta9]
    #3787947 - 02/16/05 02:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah ephedrine is supposedly banned. It speeds up your heart rate and too much can be bad. I heard of some guy who did half a bottle of Red Dawn and went into a coma. The directions on the bottle say to take 3 capfuls, and an hour later if the desired effects are not reached, to take more. We take 5 caps at first, 5 more after an hour, and 3 more after another hour. The main trip starts after a little more than an hour.

And whoever said legal highs are crap...look up some thread on Salvia. Totally legal, yet one hit usually is all you need to take, and you need a trip sitter to make sure you don't freak out or do anything stupid! Alot of legal highs, I have no idea why they're legal. I do Red Dawn because it's readily available, cheap (about $4 a dose), and legal.

A friend of mine who tried it said it's sort of like ecstacy and sort of like acid, but also different. Also, you wake up feeling wide awake and refreshed. I've never tripped on anything else besides this, but it definately is a trip.

If any of you are curious, or doubtful, get a couple friends together and drop the money for a bottle. From a store, it's $60, but you can get it online for $40, and it has 8-12 doses in it. I was doubtful until I tried it.

You DEFINATELY see things when you take it and close your eyes...I've experienced rooms full of people walking around and wordlessly talking, trips to space and different places on earth, going through tunnels and lots of colored ambiance effects, you feel your chair rolling beneath you, your legs feel like they're crossed when they're really straight, you feel yourself being lifted up through the roof, you feel your fingers start melting away like sand, etc.

If you doubt, get some friends together, drop a couple bucks, and test it out. And after the trip is over (it starts about an hour after first taking it, and ends about 2 hours later) you still feel really weird and really go for about 4 more hours, and when you close your eyes you are still mildly tripping.

Some people's heart rates increase a little bit...mine has always stayed at what feels normal. Anyway, definately worth the money, definately makes you trip, and definately LEGAL!

--------------------
"Stop it, you're eating my brain!"

-me talking to friends screwing with me while tripping :-P

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
    #3788043 - 02/16/05 03:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Er, yeah when I said that "legal highs are crap", I was talking about most of the "legal buds" and whatnot that's sold at online headshops. Salvia Divinorium sounds like something that should be illegal, lol! All the experiences I've read on Erowid make it sound like it's really something.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
    #3788068 - 02/16/05 03:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I get equally incredible CEV's and tactile sensations off of pot but wouldn't call it tripping. Have never tried this stuff before though so I can't really say anything about it or how it compares to mushrooms.

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
Re: Comparing Red Dawn tripping to shroom tripping? [Re: el_duderino]
    #3788221 - 02/16/05 05:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't tried shrooms yet, so I don't really know what "tripping" is exactly... but the first time I tried weed was such an amazing experience that I refer to it as a "trip". For about five minutes, I don't even remember what I was doing (I was in a car), and the people I were with told me later what happened. But those first five minutes weren't anything short of what I'd call a trip... I wasn't actually seeing things that weren't real, but I was indeed halucinating. I didn't see anything new... just saw things that were already there except altered. And in the dark car, I remember staring at the pretty blue lights on the dashboard for the heater and whatnot thinking "... wow, those are amazing".

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #3788229 - 02/16/05 05:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Your description makes it sound like it might have DXM in it. You should try DXM once just to see if it's similar.

I don't like DXM, but I've experimented with it, and it does have a couple interesting qualities.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale