Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
First time user with many questions!
    #3786498 - 02/16/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I am going to be taking shrooms for the first time on Friday. The people I will be with have all taken shrooms before, however, I rather nervous because there is no way we can just sit in a house. We will be walking around on the streets and hanging out with people for several hours afterward. I'm not sure how I will react and so am a tad freaked out about being in public. Any helpful hints or tips to allieviate my fears? I dont want to be freaked out during my trip and not able to enjoy it...

Thanks so much in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: futurexpatriate]
    #3786670 - 02/16/05 12:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My first trip was last friday, so hopefully i can provide you with some help being a new user =]. First of all, there is a way you will just sit in a house (in my 1 experience), in fact, you might be too confused or shit is too fragmented in your head that you just lay there thinking, or experiencing. You can sit there on shrooms, but quickly you give in to the millions of thoughts and brand new understandings/fears/joys goin on in your head.
I was planning on going on outdoor adventures, but i tripped too late and just say there, letting my mind wander. However, this isnt necesarily a bad thing... i had a new and potentially frightening experience, but i knew it was merely a new drug passing through my brain... and thats it.
So, stay awake, stay occupied, stay moving if you dont want to sit and dwell on anything and everything that hits your brain.

Loc: New Zealand
Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: gma]
    #3786708 - 02/16/05 12:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well, first off, i hope you have an awsum time :smile:
Iguess everybody has a fear of the unknown, but i believe fear manifests the bad, if you are not 100% sure you want to do it, then dont otherwise you will not be able to enjoy it to the fullest.
Dont be scared, you will come out of the trip, just envelop yourself ib postive energy. And in regards to being in public, thats part of the fun:D Nobody but you & the people you are with have any idea your on psycadellic drugs & would not even be able to comprehend wat will be goin through your head!! So just have fun, stay chilled & postive and have an experience of a lifetime!:D

User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom with the caterpi...
Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: EarthAngel]
    #3787417 - 02/16/05 02:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Since it is your first time I advise a low dosage like 2 grams. 3.5 grams or more for a more intense trip. Being in public while shroomin' is really upto you and your will power to stay in control while under the influence of a drug. Be careful though you mind get uncontrollable laughter. Overall most important thing to remember is have a positive mindset for the day you have chosen to consume and go on mental voyage with the sacred fungi! Peace and hope you have the best trip possible.

"You know the wisdom is reflected the knowledge when its manifested, If not fed in due time the mind is anorexic." - Cormega

Edited by Aztec (02/16/05 02:46 AM)

Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: futurexpatriate]
    #3788877 - 02/16/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

futurexpatriate said:
We will be walking around on the streets and hanging out with people for several hours afterward.

Now, this is just one man's opinion, but tripping in public has a tendency to freak me out - depending upon the level of activity and number of people you are surrounded by. For example, if you have to go into a crowded subway station, that could be a real problem (sensory overload); but if you live in a smallish town, things may be fine. It partly depends upon how comfortable you are with being out in public to begin with.

It's good that you'll start out tripping with friends - they will help guide you. But I must say that trying to interact with people who are not tripping (especially those who are not familiar with the hallucinogenic experience) can be very awkward. Trying to relate an epiphany or some subjective realization to one of these people is quite difficult and can be uncomfortable if someone gives you a funny look. That usually sets me off in a bad direction. But, then again, I'm sensitive.

(And, of course, all this is dependant on the dose you take.)

I'm not trying to be negative, just honest. If I were you, I would start out in a "safer" situation (I.E. not in public) in which you have zero obligations.

insubordinate and churlish

Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3789433 - 02/16/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with LandCrab. Spending your very first psychedelic experience out in crowded public places is not a safe bet. Maybe you arent looking for safe? Anyhow, a public setting for a first-time tripper is adventurous to say the least, and always a gamble. More or less it's something I'd only recommend to a fellow with big big balls.

How big are your balls? Do you usually thrive in public settings when sober, or do you enjoy your own personal space more? Some questions you need to think about here before you make a decision.

The man in the black pajamas, Dude. Worthy fuckin' adversary.

Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: Soularize]
    #3793224 - 02/17/05 02:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, and even if you do thrive in social situations while sober, your genetic personality might not like social situations. Sometimes, your gentic personality comes out on mushrooms and you can do a complete 180. Some people say, he never acts like that. But that is a part of you, and yeah if you have big balls then go for it. However I hate being in situations I do not enjoy while tripping, just make sure to have a quick exit route if things get too crazy.

No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: First time user with many questions! [Re: mecreateme]
    #3793716 - 02/17/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I like to walk around downtown when i've eaten mushies, and if you guys can keep things under control you'll have fun. Just don't get loudmouthed and draw attention to yourselves. (which can be hard when under the influence of drugs) In my experience going to parties or "hanging out with a bunch of people" is not fun. Puts me in a bad mood, it's better just to keep the group to those tripping and maybe a babysitter, large groups of sober/drunk people just aren't fun in my opinion.

Whatever you choose to do have a good time! I'll be sending you guys good vibes.

whoever told you that is your enemy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience