Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Jars have stopped at 90-90% colonization
    #3785105 - 02/15/05 08:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen posts like this, but I can't remember how they were resolved. This is extremely frustrating. All of my jars just exploded with growth but then stopped at about 90-95% colonization, which was about a week ago. 3 of the 6 have showed some very minor growth since then, but the rest have absolutely stopped. They're all kept in a TiT at about 84 degrees, and they're in the dark except for when I check them. Most of the jars still have some condensation on the inside, which indicates to me that there is still some moisture in them. I flipped them all for about 5 days, then decided that wasn't helping much and flipped them back right side up. Is this really normal? Do I need to inject some sterile water in or something? Should I dunk them and hope the mycelium finishes up the bottoms?

--------------------
Excerpt from one of my textbooks:
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.
I wonder if that would make more sense if I was tripping when I read it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVictor
Here To Help
Re: Jars have stopped at 90-90% colonization [Re: Fungus_Farmer]
    #3785797 - 02/15/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

we're the holes sealed? if so, colonization will stop...if their not...then i dont see why they would've stopped. perhaps infection? do not inject water or dunk it because you said you can sitll see condensation -- it's got enough water already..if your planning on taking them out, then i suggest you use what IS colonized...you said its only about 5-10% that isnt, so you've got a pretty good amount, so take it out - chuck the parts that aren't colonized, and maybe case it or something..just my opinion.
-Victor

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Jars have stopped at 90-90% colonization [Re: Victor]
    #3785836 - 02/15/05 10:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^

ditto.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Jars have stopped at 90-90% colonization [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3786208 - 02/15/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The jars were left open from inoculation on. I left that part out sorry. I just don't understand why they've stopped to begin with. I could cut off the uncolonized parts I guess. I have one one of them, just today in fact, but it's all lopsided and jacked up looking now, and I'd rather just let them finish colonizing. Do I need to do something different next time or can anyone think of the reason they stopped this time?

--------------------
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.

OfflineTylor
Botanical Ninja
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3787071 - 02/16/05 01:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Flip your jars over for a couple days, all the co2 will drain out and youll get some air exchange. Ive had this problem when i first started growing.

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Jars have stopped at 90-90% colonization [Re: Tylor]
    #3789035 - 02/16/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I did flip them, for about four days. Didn't seem to change anything.

--------------------

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #3789374 - 02/16/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i had this problem with my first mycobag and i think it is do to certain spots of moisture loss.the bag still had moisture in it but when i first got it i had no temp gauge and i had the temp up to 95-100 by sitting on the back of my computer monitor for just 1 day and my bag wouldn't colonize at the bottom right corner. so maybe when you pressure cooked it it lost a little bit of moisture in certain placeS.

Edited by thenewguy05 (02/16/05 03:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation