Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think....
    #3784335 - 02/15/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

heres the problem.
i had gotten back from a road trip to mexico 2 days before having dreiven 3 36 hour stints.... 1 day before i was playing holdem all night and drank a 6 pack and stayed up all night. then i went out to a rave the next night. all was good for a while. then i had a beer, and went upstairs to the other room......

at this point i blacked out for a mili-second and came to in time to stop myself from hitting the floor.
its been four days and im still feeling dissy. also my cognitive abilites have gone out of the window, while driving i hit a curb, and made a left on red in the last 2 days. i have been extra tired, and have had some stomach pains, and my stomach feels very very acidic.

I dont know what is causing this. Its freeking me out a bit... each night i go to sleep thinking that ill never wake up, then wake up a few hours later amazed ot be alive, and go back to sleep. normally sleeping 10 hours and still being tired.

while im at the computer i will see the monitor shift or the keyboard move to the left ever so slightly. while its not actually happening, and have a bit of a head fuck like im about to start tripping.

also there is a thing with my vision. im not sure if anyone else has expierenced this but after taking a psychadelic you know how your vision kind of slows down, and gets somewhat choppy? like you have lost some of your focus? that is happening to me too.....

this is really starting to get to me.. im not sure what it is.

while in mexico i did eat 1/2 of a hit of acid (alex grey blotter) and smoke a little weed. buut i doubt that it would be effecting me like this.

i was thinking that i just needed more sleep to make up for the drive, but i have almost been back for a week now...

reading over this it kind of sounds like hppd.... but the physical symptoms would contradict that....

i should go to a doctor i actually have health insurance for the first time in a while (thank god im a full time student)........ but im ight get hell from my dad about it...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3784383 - 02/15/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You seriously need to consider opting out of psychoactive foods/drinks for quite awhile. This is the only advice worth taking to heart.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3784394 - 02/15/05 06:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You should definitley go to the doctors for a checkup.

Thats all i can say, dont leave it, go see a doc, your probably fine, but better safe than sorry. :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: Sinbad]
    #3784763 - 02/15/05 07:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

im thinking that it might be anxiety, thinking back to when it started my brother called me up on ecstasy and was hanging out with the asshole that jacked me in the face. the other day he was telling me how he's not a bad guy...

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3784924 - 02/15/05 08:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Drink more water

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #3785164 - 02/15/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Check your blood pressure.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: cb9fl]
    #3785416 - 02/15/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

not too sure how to check the blood pressure, and i havebeen drinking lots of water, mostly orange juce thogh. i have been feeling de hydrated no matter how much i drink... still feeling odd.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3785472 - 02/15/05 09:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Begin working out and don't stop til your mind is clear. If it takes many hours so be it.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: World Spirit]
    #3785513 - 02/15/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You have to be careful with Mexican water. Some of these symtoms can be due to the possiblity you somehow drank some mexican tapwater. I know you probably only drank bottled water but keep in mind that the bacteria can travel within the ICE (if you drank anything with ice)...or the carbonatated water in a soft drink that wasnt bottled. My mom got very sick from just putting ice with bottled water---I dont want to tell ya to go to a Doctor if its nothing but you sound pretty out of it like going to sleep and not waking up is pretty extreme.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3785558 - 02/15/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, your brother is a piece of shit.
Distance yourself, far far away from him. Mabey its him who needs to be jacked in the face. By you. than be like "am i such a bad guy"

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3786482 - 02/16/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

doubble post.... whoops///

--------------------
PEACE

Edited by zippoz (02/16/05 12:20 AM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3786490 - 02/16/05 12:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yes yes, many problems wit hthe brother... haha the brother... but hes my brother and thats how it goes.
and yes i did have ice in my ornage juice one day. and drank alot of mexican soda.

i dont know how the mental efects could be tied to problems with the water though.... although i would agree that it seems too coincidental to have both stomach problems and mental issues appear at random, days after returning from mexico...

although after talking with my dad i am going to go out to the doctor tomorrow and see whats up. altohugh i kind of want to go tonight. i just go to a local primary care center since i dont actually have a doctor and for the moment have insurance that will cover me.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3786566 - 02/16/05 12:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i dont know how the mental efects could be tied to problems with the water though....

Mexican water and sometimes food can contain many diseases and even parasites.

Always follow these precautions in mexico.

Food and Water Precautions

People have gotten parasites that have travelled to their brain from undercooked pork that was infested with parasites.Mexican street vendor food should be avoided IMO.Some vendors are ok but then again some are not.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinefalseliberty
Prophet
Loc: Not The U.S.
Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3788067 - 02/16/05 05:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

In my opinion it's all anxiety, I'm not a Doctor or anything, but I do have some experience with anxiety. As for your physical symptoms, anxiety does that too. "I've been drinking a lot of water lately, but mostly orange juice" that could explain your acidic stomach, orange juice is probably the most acidic drink humans commonly consume. When you fainted sounds like an anxiety attack as well. Don't go to a primary care or an er unless you are bleeding and need stitches, broke a bone, overdose, in labor, or are having a heart attack or stoke. They are probably 4-5 times as expensive as a half hour trip to a Doctor, and insurance doesn't cover everything, in either case. either way you will be paying about 10 percent of the total bill. If it was Mexican water, there would be no doubt, your physical symptoms would be extreme; puking, diarrhea, fever, etc.

About sleep: you could stay up for 5 days and sleep for 8-9 hours and be perfectly mentally fit, that's one of the amazing things about the human body. If your up for 5 days you don't need 40 hours of sleep to feel right, and if you think so it's all in your head. I saw a great show called the Science of Sleep on the discovery channel which was full of information like this. In the show, they document a university test of a human staying up for 14 days and the side effects, however after sleeping for 12 hours, he was back to 100 percent. "each night i go to sleep thinking that ill never wake up, then wake up a few hours later amazed to be alive, and go back to sleep. normally sleeping 10 hours and still being tired." Textbook anxiety, seriously you could probably find that in the symptoms list for anxiety in a medical textbook.

The more you are positive something is wrong with you, the more symptoms will manifest. As everyone here knows the mind is a powerful thing.

My advice, go to the Doctor and tell him what you told us here, as well as any history of anxiety, depression, etc. He will probably prescribed you with a psychotropic medication for anxiety, there are many. Now here's the tricky part, these psychotropic medications have been drastically over prescribed, and sometimes the only help they give is a placebo effect. However it is important to know that some people actually can really benefit from this medication, it's over-prescribed but some people really have a need for it. I think once anxiety manifests itself physically you become one of those people.

Also, in my opinion the best long term cure for anxiety is exercise, 5 times a week for at least a half hour. This is above and beyond any exercise you may be doing at work. Think about it, our ancestors had to be active at least 12 hours a day in order to survive, this doesn't change over a couple hundred years. Now we sleep for ten hours and watch TV and wonder whats wrong with us. Your body needs to burn energy every day or else the energy will burn inside your head causing anxiety and then depression, back and forth, it's a cycle. There is no anxiety without depression and vice versa.

Also if ther is something in your life that causes conflict, change it. If it's someone you hang out with or even if you have to move, your health is the most important thing.

I would also agree with Enter and suggest that you stop doing psychoactive drugs until you are in a better place.

--------------------
"You better hope we've got some Thorazine in this bag or your in some big f*cking trouble." Hunter S. Thompson

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: World Spirit]
    #3788119 - 02/16/05 05:53 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Begin working out and don't stop til your mind is clear. If it takes many hours so be it.

Don't do this. If you are not clear headed, you could seriously hurt yourself working out.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3788615 - 02/16/05 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm well im feeling somewhat better today. i have had parasites and such from mexico before and it wasnt pretty. i was actually bleeding out of my acc, but because i was color blind i didnt notice. since you cant flush your toilet paper down there, someone else went into the bathroom and started butching about the bloody toilet paper in the garbare!

although i dont think that it has gotten to that point.

as to your sugestion of psychoactive medication false liberty, no fucking way. i have been on almost every fucking anti-depressant anti-anxiety thre is if anything i might take a prescription for the Benzo family because they actually might do me some good, nbut nothing i hae to tak eon a daly basis to chemically alter my mind.

i honestly think tht is why i have some of the problems that i do.
i shake, constantly, i cannot hold my hand up without it trembling, this is because i have essential tremmor, and is most likelt caused by a dumbass doctor switching me from welbutrin to effexor on the same day and causing a chemmical "battle" in my synapeses. no more pills thank you

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinefalseliberty
Prophet
Loc: Not The U.S.
    #3788995 - 02/16/05 01:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well I have to humbly say that switching from welbutrin to effexor on the same day doesn't cause essential tremor. Essential Tremor is usually hereditary and possibly a symptom of some neurological disorder like MS, or (most likely) could be anxiety. Again, if your convinced something is wrong with you your going to show symptoms, that's how the brain works. Have you ever had any neuro testing done? But I am absolutely positive switching from welbutrin to effexor doesn't cause that, they are both SSRI's, and they both work the same way, kind of like switching from two different pain medications, they both do the same thing. As for the Benzo's, good luck getting one of those controlled substances, they are also terribly addictive, about as hard to get as oxycoden and about as addictive, seriously.

--------------------
"You better hope we've got some Thorazine in this bag or your in some big f*cking trouble." Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: falseliberty]
    #3789156 - 02/16/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm well my addictions studies teacher and some others think that the tremor may have been caused by this. i mightnotre that when i was switched my body twiched as it does now for 3 days. it was hell, and now these symptoms happen almost every day to me.

i dont want to even hear that it might be ms, and ms dosent usually have an early onset.
yes i have seen a damn good nurologist, and he says its not from the drugs.

although at that time i had done lsd once and x 3 times... and had been smoking weed.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3789201 - 02/16/05 02:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds more mental then physical. Specifically anxiety being worsened by the fact you worrying about it.

You will be fine :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: somthing is seriously wrong with me, physically i think.... [Re: baraka]
    #3791198 - 02/17/05 02:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm i did have some rather thick bacon at the pargo rojo. hope i dont have brain parasites...

im feeling somewhat better though, the tripped outness has subsided a bit. i felt normal for the majority of the day...
i think that ill go see a doctor tomorrow just to be sure

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Delicious Bacon, Toilet Paper

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being