Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelurican
Doom, doom,doom.

Loc: ground zero
myco noob - first time
    #3783327 - 02/15/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey everyone this is my first serious attempt.. ive got some burma spores and both medium and large self-healing myco bags.. and a big ass bag of rye grass seed.. got a pressure cooker that goes up to 15 psi also.

the site i was using with the technique suggests using "500 mg" of rye grass seed but i havent got my own scale so i have no way of measuring that out..

can anyone help me with their own mycobag tech that doesnt require a scale to weigh the rye?

this is my first serious attempt at this so any other helpful advice or tips on sterilization and whatnot would greatly be appreciated :mushroom2:

--------------------
Tha rogaire salach amaidech!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
Re: myco noob - first time [Re: lurican]
    #3783528 - 02/15/05 01:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

just fill it up to about 1/4 the way (packed) somtimes less, just give it a good look...it doesn't matter how much you use, but if you use alot, it just takes a little longer to colonize..and if your fruiting in the bag,you have to have room for them to grow..but it really doesn't matter if your casing, just whenever it colonizes 100%, case. I prefer to fruit in the bag, its damn near foolproof, just make the bag, knock its ass up, wait, shrooms...all there is. now for making the bags..just put ur grains and shit (not shit, but whatever your mixing with it) in, impact seal it shut (hell a lighter has worked for me) then PC it,10-15 psi  and inject, wait 3-4 days, should (keyword SHOULD) see myc if you dont (like me) it may take alittle longer like 5-6 days somtimes, depending on conditions (temp) but once u see the white, massage that mutha like its a tit and then let it sit, 6 days later......BOOM! pins and 100% colonization (for me)...

ps. makes sure u mix vermiculite (biggest chunks you can find..) in with the rye, and throw in some WBS if you want..it only helps..

hope this tek helped, this is what i use...

peace out,
:mushroom2:

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Edited by Silent_Echo (02/15/05 01:16 PM)

Invisiblelurican
Doom, doom,doom.

Re: myco noob - first time [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #3783552 - 02/15/05 01:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hahah i hope its that easy.. what should i mix in with the rye? and by impact seal do you mean just melt the plastic opening shut with a lighter or what? im a total noob sorry :frown:

--------------------

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
    #3783602 - 02/15/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

its whatever you want to use, most people use grains (i read the mycobag site and seen what was in the grain) just make sure you go buy vericulite, those big ass gold chunks that are kinda flat, and by impact seal i mean get it shut, they make impact seelers and sell them at wal mart, it sucks all the air out and seals, i have sucuessfully used my mouth (HA) and sucked all the air out i could held it tight, and used a lighter being EXTREAMLY CAREFUL not to damage the bag too much and just melt it togather to form a seal and then i tested it, and another thing is use one of those flat hair straiteners, and rub it across after all the air is out and the ghetto lighter tek, and that should make sure it has a strong hold, then PC the little bastereds and knock em up. Simple if you follow all the steps..

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Invisiblelurican
Doom, doom,doom.

#3783618 - 02/15/05 01:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that does sound like a good tech.. how much is a wal-mart sort of impact sealer.. also do you suggest i let them fruit in the bags or try to case them?

--------------------

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #3783622 - 02/15/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sorry, not tryin to hijack ur thread but Silent, you're post pissed me off... not you, but it reminded me of that $150 bux my g/f just made me spend on a damn hair straightener for her... rrrrrg... any ladies in here, what the fuck is the significance of a "chi" straightening iron???

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Invisiblelurican
Doom, doom,doom.

Re: myco noob - first time [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3783652 - 02/15/05 01:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sitting at work is highly unproductive but when i get home ill get the digital and take pics of everything for day one.. any essential info i should have before i begin?

--------------------

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#3783863 - 02/15/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you may have better luck if you search for an impulse sealer rather than an "impact" sealer

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale