Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineraven3davis
Stranger
Where to find pre-sterilized bags for a good deal??
    #3782052 - 02/15/05 04:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

For many reasons bags are the best way for me to grow, bottom line. I loved the bags from fungifuel, but they closed down. The enviro-bag was the best in my opinion. Sadly, bluefairy just closed down too, and I dont know where to get bags anymore. I see that mycobag has what I need, but I am not sure which of their bags is comparable to the enviro-bag from fungi fuel, and there bags are kinda high in price. With the rye, corn, and birdseed bags, do you just inoculate and case? This wouldn't be a problem for me if so. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get bags, possibly 5lbs for a good deal. The only place I know of right now is mycobag. Anyone know of any other sites that sell bags? Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Where to find pre-sterilized bags for a good deal?? [Re: raven3davis]
    #3782265 - 02/15/05 07:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

MycoBag.com is the original developer of the MycoEnvironment Bags(TM). Fungi-fuel was simply copying their idea and products (ie ripping them off). You will get the BEST quality bags and substrate matrix mixes going with MycoBag.com. Right now they are running a 10% off sale when you buy a case of 10 or 20, os it's a great deal if you can buy in bulk.

Buy from the ORIGINAL, buy from the company that developed and researched the product. Remember that purchasing from innovators funds research and product developement, buying from copy-cats and rip-offs doesn't. In addition, MycoBag.com is a shroomery sponsor, and we like to support our shroomery sponsors, because they help keep this site open and growing!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Where to find pre-sterilized bags for a good deal?? [Re: psilocyber]
    #3782744 - 02/15/05 11:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i think mycobag hypes up their products they dont call the bags by any real name they use names like "Rye-z-Morph(TM)" insted of rye berries and Corn-E-Morph(TM) for popcorn i dont know why they do that but they do i mean bird seed is like 10$ for 15lbs they sell 1lb for 15$ becouse of an hrs worth of work i think that price should be the pirce with shipping inculded others copied them becouse they wanted to offer something for cheap i dont get why vendors need to make as much money as possible i would think that if they had cheaper pirces they would get more sells thus making up for the cheap products but im not in sells really well i am but i sell 4-12K worth of product every 8hrs so i cant compaire whats its liket to work for a small company

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Where to find pre-sterilized bags for a good deal?? [Re: onetime]
    #3782765 - 02/15/05 11:38 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

bluefairysupply will be up soon i belive the guy is in the hospital or reovering from a accedent or somthing yeah mycosupply is great stuff for rich poeple but its hard to work 8hrs a day with a hobbie like this

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlineraven3davis
Stranger
Re: Where to find pre-sterilized bags for a good deal?? [Re: onetime]
    #3783253 - 02/15/05 02:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I talked to the guy from bluefairy and I dont think they will be operating anymore. He crashed his motorcycle and cannot make bags anyomre. Now, about the mycobags, will the grainbased enviroment bag fruit directly in the bag? I am not sure which kinda bag I am looking for, they all have really wierd names like ryeomorph. And I agree with onetime. Although I do hold a high level of respect for mycobag, I think they are charging way too much. There is really nothing to put the money into for research and development so its basically all profit. Although other sites sell products that mimic mycobags, they sell them at much more reasonable prices. Also, the mycobags are only 1lb for the small bags. Other sites sold 2.5 and even 5. It looks like mycobag is my only choice so I will suppory them, unwillingly. If I case I will just get rye bags or corn bags. Can the enviroment bag be cased, or is it best to fruit in the bag?

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Where to find pre-sterilized bags for a good deal?? [Re: raven3davis]
    #3783295 - 02/15/05 02:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Mycobags, even the grain based MycoEnvironment Bag(TM), is much more than just some birdseed in a bag. It involves a matrix based formula with many additives. I'm sure they respect your opinion on their pricing, but much more goes into maintaining clean room environments, cooking large amounts of bag products, sealing, storage, and shipping infrastructure than you might think. It's not "all profit" but at the same time should they be making bags for free? They have many years of happy and satisfied customers and their prices have never gone up! They frequently run specials and sales.

I think after you have experience with their product and service you'll feel much better about their pricing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum