Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

Loc: Nunya, Bidniz
what edibles grow on grain? *DELETED*
    #3773577 - 02/13/05 08:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by supernaut

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
We don't make music...we make music better...
we also make biscuits and gravy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomeroUno
Quick Learner
Loc: FunkyTown,Tx.
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: supernaut]
    #3773613 - 02/13/05 09:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

go to the tek @ the top @ mushrooms info go to gourmet mushrooms and just read them.That will help you the most.Barely any of us grow Gourmet and edibles.
ShroomeroUno

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: ShroomeroUno]
    #3773715 - 02/13/05 09:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i currently got pink oyster forming primodia on rye grain,
but they shall be growin on paper/wood/straw.

still was worth mentioning imho.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: supernaut]
    #3777677 - 02/14/05 07:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I remember one of the sponsors had a thread where they grew some kind of oyster on some grain, and they fruited.

I'm pretty sure it was a yellow oyster, and it wasn't citrinopileatus, maybe cornucopiae.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblequestioning
shaker
Loc: joisey
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3777844 - 02/14/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oystes and lions mane and probably most will fruit of grain, well by fruit i mean pin. but other then that contams will get in, and fruits wont be good

--------------------
important questions sometimes involve a quest to answer.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: questioning]
    #3777944 - 02/14/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ports grow on grain and shittakes will grown on a grain/saw dust mix

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: tahoe]
    #3780390 - 02/14/05 07:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok so we can all say that mushrooms "will" grow on grain, But I ask the question is it wurth growing mushrooms on grain? And I mumble to myself NO no it is not.

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3781071 - 02/14/05 09:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it may not be worth growing on grain except for spawn. I have several quarts of oysters on their way on popcorn and rye. They are colonizing at almost 5x speed on popcorn.

I plan on spawning them to wetted cardboard, which is FREE: and I already have buyers, supermarkets, restaurants, etc... =D

Some things will not germinate on some substrates, but you can use G2G transfers to get them started...I don't remember which of these off-hand.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: chocbruce]
    #3781978 - 02/15/05 01:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I havnt messed with popcorn. But just from my own opinion of the structure of popcorn is that it grows fast do to the lack of nutrients. Rye is soft and the nutrients can be absorbed at a steadier rate. If the nutrients isnt available, mushroom mycelia wil run out looking for a scource of nutrients growing with what little it can obtain.

Now I am not quite sure if it is needed to have healthier more vibrant sturdy mycelia like what you would have on grain instead of the faster more nutrient deprived mycelia.

I never messed with poppcorn, in my opion I see it as good substrate for a begining cultivator. Where fruit is desired, where the person isnt quite interested in maximum yield. But in comercial instences spawn, normaly rye is the main supplement to the substrate. The more grain, the more nutrients. But I see popcorn as to much of a simple sugar with a hard not so easily digestibel cover.

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3782637 - 02/15/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks sheik, i appreciate your input. Last night I put together a mix of 50/50 popcorn and rye and will start a culture on it later today. Hopefully it will be as quick to colonize as popcorn alone but more nutritous, like rye.

On my first set of jars i also used much less innoculant, because I only had a 10 ml syringe, but since I've made up 10 or so 20cc ...thank you cloning... =)

Supernaut, i apologize for mashing your post up.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Re: what edibles grow on grain? [Re: chocbruce]
    #3782933 - 02/15/05 10:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats just my opion I never did a nutrition analysis on rye or popcorn.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract