Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible?
    #3780318 - 02/14/05 07:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Would it be plausible to cut your casing.. maybe after the 3rd or 4th flush, into 2 pieces and then spawn each peice to some sterile poo?

Does anyone ever do it?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3780348 - 02/14/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You could do it. But you would need to take enough of the colonized portion to spawn to the poo. Also reverting it back to a vegetative state would be necessary. But not hard. Why dont you take some prints so you can continue the strain on, cloning will eventually deteriorate the genetics.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3780369 - 02/14/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's possible, but with high chance of contamination. I have used cakes to spawn pasteurized straw after the 2nd or 3rd flush. It worked well. However, straw is more contam resistent than shit. You would have a better chance of success if you pasteurized rather than sterilized.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineShroomeroUno
Quick Learner
Loc: FunkyTown,Tx.
Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: dog]
    #3780556 - 02/14/05 08:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

HWo do you pasturize? I couldnt find many teks on it?can u buy it pasturized?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: ShroomeroUno]
    #3780628 - 02/14/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

To pasteurize you put the straw/poo mix in a pillow case. Take a very large pot and fill it with water. Heat water to 175 degrees farenheit, and stick pillow case in pot. Leave it in for 40-60 min. Take out of water and squeeze water out, squeeze again. Then let drain in sink for 1 hour, the longer the better. Now you have pasteurized bulk substrate.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineShroomeroUno
Quick Learner
Loc: FunkyTown,Tx.
Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3780639 - 02/14/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

can you buy straw at wal mart. i live in the suburbs so there are now farms close.i have cow dung does it have to be fresh i bought it the other day

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: ShroomeroUno]
    #3780662 - 02/14/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No it doesn't have to be fresh. Its better if its old. You really need to start using the search function more often. There are alot of teks out there for what your asking.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Transfering mycelium from a fruiting cake/casing to some sterile poo. Plausible? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3780837 - 02/14/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags