Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Born in the USA
    #3780449 - 02/14/05 10:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Do they still have it so if a kid is born to non-American parents inside the US, the kid is a US citizen?

If so, why hasn't anyone tried to change that. I would think it would be one of our major issues.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Born in the USA [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3780876 - 02/14/05 11:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes they still have it that way. It is quite common for illegal aliens to have 'anchor babies' (that is the term that they use). It makes it more difficult to deport someone when they are the parent of an American citizen. The parents then become eligible for AFDC, the children of course receive a free education, medicaid, school breakfasts and lunches, etc. Illegal aliens also tend to go to emergency rooms for all medical care because they can't be turned away. This raises the health care costs for all the paying customers and over burdens the emergency rooms.

Why don't they try to change it? Businesses like the cheap labor that illegal aliens provide, school districts get paid per pupil. Wherever a government program is being administered to 'cope with a problem' many bureaucrats would be unemployed if the problem was actually solved. There are perverse incentives in the public sector to never end any program. The democrats (and to a lesser extent, the republicans) vie for the illegal votes (why do you think it's illegal for poll workers to ask for ID in California?). People who otherwise would like to tighten the borders are cowed by the prospect of being tarred as 'racists' by the PC establishment.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Born in the USA [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3782258 - 02/15/05 07:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

(why do you think it's illegal for poll workers to ask for ID in California?

Thats not true...where did you hear that? Do you really think an illegal can vote here?

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3782385 - 02/15/05 08:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Are you getting nervouse about your Canoodian parents?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: Born in the USA [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3783239 - 02/15/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
Thats not true...where did you hear that? Do you really think an illegal can vote here?

It's the law. Poll workers cannot ask for ID in California, you merely sign a name of the person who you claim to be. There is an exception if the voting roster has a notation telling them to ask you for an ID - usually only for first time voters. The ID required does not show whether or not the voter is a U.S. citizen (a state issued DL or ID card will suffice). ANYONE can register to vote by filling out a form at the post office, and dropping it in a mail slot. Yes, illegal aliens can and do vote here. Why do you think that those on the left push so hard to give illegal aliens driver's licenses? They want their votes!

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Born in the USA [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3783626 - 02/15/05 03:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The flappy head is a dead giveaway.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3783654 - 02/15/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It is i'm afraid.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Re: Born in the USA [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3786539 - 02/16/05 12:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Why do you think that those on the left push so hard to give illegal aliens driver's licenses? They want their votes!

They do on the right just as much too....aka bush recent immigration proposal before the elections (ya know, the one granting amnesty?). They want the votes of there children, siblings, etc...who ARE citizens. The latino vote is a huge factor and will be from now on because it growing so much (because of illegal immigration and, well, they have so many kids!) Its just as important to the Reps as the Dems because so many latinos are deeply conservative ("viva la Bush!")

When I voted last Nov and in 2000 and they asked everybody for ID who was there to my knowledge and I personally witnessed them turn people away for not having any. So I guess they should shut down that poll for breaking Cali law.

Quote:

give illegal aliens driver's licenses

this hasn't happened yet to my knowledge...I may be ignorant (feel free to enlighten me) and since no ID is required and illegals vote like crazy at the polls what would those 'goddamn liberals' have to gain from it anyways?

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#3789135 - 02/16/05 02:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you are voting for the first time, or your address has changed and the new address is not listed on the roster, they can ask you for ID. I have been voting for 25 years in the state, I cannot recall any election in recent memory (the last 10 years) where I was required to show ID. It is considered VOTER INTIMIDATION to ask for ID when none is required or unless the poll worker has probable cause to suspect that a voter may not be who he says he is.

Here's a .pdf of the state's voter complaint form. Notice under the heading 'STATE LAW VIOLATIONS' there is a check box for, 'Poll workers inappropriately asked me for identification in order to vote.' Why do you think that's there? Poll workers may not challenge a person's right to vote without probable cause [section 18543.(a) of the California Elections code]. Asking for I.D. without probable cause is considered challenging a person's right to vote.

I realize that Bush does not give a rat's ass about illegal immigration and it's deleterious effects on our nation - this is in opposition to conservative thought (but not neo-conservative or liberal thought).

Quote:

what would those 'goddamn liberals' have to gain from it anyways?

The whole liberal big government edifice is based on dependency to the state, the more handouts that can be given, the more votes that are bought. Honestly examine the political rhetoric of the establishment left and you will notice that the government is the solution to EVERYTHING - promises to solve every problem, soothe every ill and satisfy every want are what they use to get votes and gain power.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3790079 - 02/16/05 06:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone should have to show ID every time they vote.

Maybe we need offspring wars. The government could pay smart white and black people to have more children.

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

#3792045 - 02/17/05 08:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If you are voting for the first time, or your address has changed and the new address is not listed on the roster, they can ask you for ID. I have been voting for 25 years in the state, I cannot recall any election in recent memory (the last 10 years) where I was required to show ID. It is considered VOTER INTIMIDATION to ask for ID when none is required or unless the poll worker has probable cause to suspect that a voter may not be who he says he is.

Here's a .pdf of the state's voter complaint form. Notice under the heading 'STATE LAW VIOLATIONS' there is a check box for, 'Poll workers inappropriately asked me for identification in order to vote.' Why do you think that's there? Poll workers may not challenge a person's right to vote without probable cause [section 18543.(a) of the California Elections code]. Asking for I.D. without probable cause is considered challenging a person's right to vote.

Fair enough. I'll concede that point. I still don't see how this is pandering to the 'overwhelming' illegal vote though. I sure it occurs but most illegals I've ever come in contact with don't exactly stay at one address for years and years and I especially don't believe they vote to a threatening extent (like .000000000000001% nationally and .002% in the state and maybe .1% if you live in LA county). ID should be required and that is one of many fucked up and dumbfounding laws that make the Golden state so "golden".

Yes the establishment left (Dems) does give alot of handouts for votes. In fact, I'll even give you a little fuel for your hatred from a blog I recently read coutesy of the LA weekly (a liberal rag I am sure you are already aware of but I think you'll enjoy it anyways)

Quote:

On my way to the local tackle store Saturday morning, (surf fishing season is upon us!), I accidentally tuned my satellite radio to a public radio channel and caught the tail end of a live broadcast covering the election of Howard Dean as the new chair of the Democratic National Committee. The era of the ?Howard Dean Democrats,? as the Right will call them, is now here.

The broadcast of the vote was boring enough to put halibut to sleep?except for one biazarre aspect. I caught the part of the proceedings after Dean had been voted in and during which the three DNC Vice-presidents were being elected by the delegates. It took me a few minutes to figure out ?that by some sort of party statute?the Democrats were actually obligated to elect one male VP and two female VP?s in separate balloting for each gender (It seems if the DNC chair had been a woman the ratio would have been reversed).

As this fact sunk in, I said to myself, ?Wow. How incredinly stupid.? To me it?s a repellant notion that a gender quota would be written into the rules. Absolutely repellant and intellectually insulting. I know some conservatives are going to read this and conclude that the Democrats are too radical. No, the Democrats ?as a Party- are merely jackasses; with or without Howard Dean as chair.

Quote:

The whole liberal big government edifice is based on dependency to the state, the more handouts that can be given, the more votes that are bought. Honestly examine the political rhetoric of the establishment left and you will notice that the government is the solution to EVERYTHING - promises to solve every problem, soothe every ill and satisfy every want are what they use to get votes and gain power.

I agree somewhat. As Mr. cooper said "the dems are jackasses" No way around it.

Its just the same as the right's solution to everything is business will solve all our problems. Let the businessmen run everything since they have such a better history of efficiently running things as gov. officials do. "The magical free market system will always give you what you deserve". Thats complete selfish, self-serving garbage masked as truth. Their is a corporate establishment just as their is an stateist establishment (which both consist of the Reps and Dems equally. It just depends on what sector of government and business you are focusing on)

Quote:

he whole liberal big government edifice is based on dependency to the state

your confusing libs with dems just as so many shortsighted libs confuse neocons/reps as conservatives....Conservatives sure love to misuse the word dependancy almost as much as libs love misuse the words facist.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion