Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Karo Syringe Idea.... Will It Work???
    #3777034 - 02/14/05 02:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:stash: Disclaimer: I'm reaaaalllllyyy stoned; search unproductive :stash:

My idea is this:

Prepare Karo solution (or something similar of preference) as normal.  Get a 60ml syringe and take plunger out.  Put in 1 piece of glass with a shape that will not plug up the bottom of the syringe if over the hole (I'm thinking a flat piece of glass, as the syringe is tapered).  Sterilize liquid culture solution, and 60ml syringe(s) in PC.  Strain solution if desired, then suck up solution in 60ml syringes with 3/16" needles.  Heat needle with alcohol flame, and draw in maybe 1cc or less amount of sterilized air.  Flame sterilize spore syringe needle and wipe with alcohol to cool.  Inject .20ml-.40ml of spore solution from spore syringe directly into the 60ml syringe (that has Karo solution in it, and small amount of air space available for spore solution), the needle will fit into the other needle.  Seal end of Karo syringe with surgical tape, or substitute, and allow mycellium to form.  Since this is a smaller amount of solution than a jar, you should be able to get a pretty large concentration of mycellium.  Once colonized to your liking, turn syringe around a couple times to allow the piece of glass to mix mycellium up then use syringe just like a spore syringe.  I'm not sure how many ml's of mycellium water are normally used to innoc (I've never done a liquid culture before, but will be soon), but with 2 ml's you could innoc 30 jars, 5 ml's could innoc a dozen jars, and so on...  As far as I see, this would help if you have contam probs, as well as being convienient....

Comments/Suggestions???

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation