Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Playing around with nutrient rich casings
    #3775634 - 02/13/05 09:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My very first casing has been sitting around for a couple of months. It went throuhg a prolonged cold shock during my move, and it was just recently re-incubated and set up to fruit...in more detail:

The casing:
*An AUSSIE grain-based MYCOBAG...Grain to Grain transfer (G2G) 
*High Mountain Compost (HMC). 10% spawn ratio.

SPAWNRUN went well. Done within a week.

CASED with HMC, incubated.

SUBSTRATE DEPTH: 6 inches
CASEING DEPTH: 1/4 inch

started FRUITING process, but

STALLED process due to an unexpected move.

RESUMED through three day

INCUBATION. casing was solid block of myc at this point, should have gone straight to fruiting temps.

CASED with more HMC,
CASING DEPTH: 3/4 inch

INCUBATION.

Currently set in pinning conditions (85% RH)

So, why after two weeks is this damned thing not pinning...?

Light, RH, moisture content, air cycle, everything is fucking primo. What gives?

Bastard thing :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Playing around with nutrient rich casings [Re: ADoobie]
    #3783215 - 02/15/05 01:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My first guess is that PH problems could be having their way with it...still no pins...perfect light, mistings/moisture, RH, air exchange. Been two + weeks like this. What gives?

bump

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3784601 - 02/15/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Number one nute rich casing mixes keep the myc vegging or should I say digesting substrate rather. Supplements in casings MUST release slowly so pins are formed first before they become available IMO. But sounds like you have a plan so GL bro :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Playing around with nutrient rich casings [Re: hyphae]
    #3784797 - 02/15/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nah you are totally right hyphae...so what is my solution? Any ideas?

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3785535 - 02/15/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What are your current conditions? Fruiting mode for the last two weeks I presume? Any overlay conditions? You can still case with a nute poor casing incubate for a few days and cold shock that sucker, normally I wouldn't suggest cold shocking but in this case it just may help. Only a few hours are needed with a good soaking and initiate fruiting immediately as you have been doing. The myc's been on a rollercoaster ride so I won't guarantee anything. GL ADoobie

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Playing around with nutrient rich casings [Re: hyphae]
    #3786060 - 02/15/05 11:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks...I will give that a shizzzot....

'Doobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation