Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
About that land for sale in arizona :)
    #3775187 - 02/13/05 07:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

okay so i went out to the town and spent the btter part of a day in the county seats courthouse looking over maps and talking to various offices.

the deal is back in the 60's a shady group of developers bought almost a whole town (sun valley AZ) and divided it up to become a subdivision, and had it all legally registered and drawn out and so on. then they went back east and lied about how good the property was and sold it off as part of a gated comunity wiht a club house and a golf course and all of these other wonderful things like power and water and sewers that didnt exist. so basically they scammed all of these people.

so these people died off and noone cared about the property and most of it went into forclosure and now can be bought from the county for the amount of back taxes owed on it. thing is some of the parcels dont have actual acess to them. like its large blocks of property with no way into the ones on the middle !!

but some of them have roads on the map, which actually are dirt roads that havent been redone since the 60 or whatever, so basically its all wasteland. but the thing is, the county dosent actually care. people are making their own roads over other peoples lots, and as long as noone cares its all good.

but there are no utilities, you owule have to drill a well, or bring your own water.
generator if you wanted electricity, or pay like 2-10 grand for a powerline to the house if you can talk the power company into it
there is a cellphone tower a few miles away , but no land lines,
and you would have to get a septic tank.

for all of this you can pick up anywhere from a quarter acre lot to a .75 of an acre from $200-500. and have it be yours.

one thing though, you need to get it surveyed so you can find the actual property since it isnt actually marked out at all. and im not quite sure whawt it costs.
so yes its doable, and i am goingn to get myself a few adjcent lots so i can have a few acres to fuck around with.

any other questions?

one more thing, i havent actually had the chance to check out which of the roads that are recorded actually exist, so some parts might be a hlee of a lot easier to deal with ehan others

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3775227 - 02/13/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm looking at some of the terraserver images it seems that these roads actually do exist.

on this image is 1-40 and down and to the left of the interstction and up and to the right are the property's for asle, not too much there.... http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image...d=504&t=pan

and heres another image, the majority of the property for sale is located on the right half, in the middle of the image

http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image...d=510&t=pan

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinemonkeyking
Stranger
    #3776968 - 02/14/05 02:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sounds pretty cool man, when are you planning to buy? Can you do it over the net or do you have to be in the county courthouse?

--------------------
"My Fear Is My Only Courage" Bob Marley

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: monkeyking]
    #3777428 - 02/14/05 06:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ill buy an acre next to yours... just figure everything out for me... seriously.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: Todcasil]
    #3777439 - 02/14/05 07:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Why hasn't the land been developed yet? Is something wrong with it? Or is it just HOT there? I would love to own land, but if you can't actually live on it, it's kind of pointless.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3777664 - 02/14/05 09:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dude! You should buy a huge plot of land there, and then hold hippie concert fests on your land. In the profits from one year, you could afford to pave one road in to the venue :wink: Concerts in your own back yard! I know I'd come :smile:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

OfflineSidiHidi
inactive
    #3777718 - 02/14/05 10:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Why not spend 3x as much and get a usable, farmable piece of land that can sustain you?

--------------------
R.I.P. Hunter, you will certainly be missed

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3777769 - 02/14/05 10:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

make sure you get something with frontage.

if anyone else catches on or as development slowly
progresses towards you, you don't want to find yourself
land locked and in a bitter dispute with a new neighbor
over right of way access.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3778978 - 02/14/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'd snap up a piece of that property but its not quite in the right area for me. I need to be in the area to the west of Flagstaff. I want to be able to drive to my property in 3 hours.

And it looks a little too deserty for me. I'm looking for some trees and a bit of a winter season also.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3779634 - 02/14/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

its in the middle of nowhere as a matter of fact, nothing really within 30 miles in any direction except the petrified antional forest, and the main town, holbrook, how it got started or keeps afloat is beyond me.

theres nothing wrong with and you can live there, the only possible problem i might see is having the septic tanks pass the perk test (making sure the water will disapate) and that shouldnt be a problem.

i was on the phone with the county again today, and im waiting for a call back about some more information. theres a whole un-owned subdivision with 130 some .25-.5 acre lots that can be bought for around $35,000 with recorded roads and all.

but i have thought of having concerts out there. but do you tink that people would come all the way out thee? and how much land do i need per 100 people? i know that bonnaroo was 600 some acres for around 150,000 people, which makes it 250 people per acre, and a good show should have a few thousand people, so about 10-20 acres of land..... kind of difficult to do with my financial budget.... at this point anyways. someone was selling almost 40 acres out here for 9 grand amazing.

anyhow... im thinking of going into the re-selling of this land, and im calling my lawyer up to see what can be done about it and how much it would cost to get a business set up, and so on.
either way im going to be at the big auction this october and one way or anoyher im goingn to be sitting on a few nice pieces of land which all of you are welcome to visit me on, or live on while im not around or whatever....

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3779668 - 02/14/05 07:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmmmm

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3779692 - 02/14/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
i was on the phone with the county again today, and im waiting for a call back about some more information. theres a whole un-owned subdivision with 130 some .25-.5 acre lots that can be bought for around $35,000 with recorded roads and all.

Get 34 other people together with a grand and make it happen! I'd throw down a grand for around 3 acres of my own land in a shroomery community.

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: DNKYD]
    #3779776 - 02/14/05 07:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I think we need to get a bunch of ppl on here together and buy lots all beside eachother. Then realy we coould just have like 1 lot that we all split and have our water well and bathroom/showers kind of like park camping grounds. We would make this area all community, which means everyone split costs too. This would be the cheapest and most feasible way of starting our true Shroomery Community. I am very interested. Maybe if we could some how pull off beaing able to get like 15-30 acres? We could have one dirt road leading in with a gate. Who knows maybe one day it would be like our own city! :smile:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #3779786 - 02/14/05 07:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry for the dbl. post But what would be realy nice is if we could find some land with a small stream running through it or close by.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3779827 - 02/14/05 07:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was just thinking about a Shroomery Community, and if it took place on American soil, there could be a few "churches" - the Native American church (for legal mescaline use), a South American church (there was a recent case in New Mexico about ayahuasca tea being seized, then NM ruled it was legal for this church to have ayahuasca), a Rastafarian church, and there'd have to be a new organization started for spiritual mushroom use. :smile: Plus a few more for LSD, RCs or whatever else you'd like. Make the community 100% legal and still be a drug haven. haha

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3779829 - 02/14/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I am looking at plots that are around 40 acres.  I will welcome all Shroomerites to camp on my land when I get it! :thumbup:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Re: About that land for sale in arizona :) [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3779885 - 02/14/05 07:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How sweet would it be if we could find something close to some canyons with a river. That way we could take spiritual journeys to the top of the peaks. As long as we don't fall off. lol

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3783102 - 02/15/05 01:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well once you ge to land with a river, you go from about the $400 an acre were talking about to $800 some, my aunt picked up 15 acres in kentucky for her horse farm for about $750 (i think) an acre (15 acres) and has a lake on  it and a hill and some forest, across the streef from a cow farm!
oh and she had a dilapidaded house on the property too, it helped that she was a realitor though.

shame she's has terminal cancer. i remember goingn up there after bonnaroo and hanging out with her for a while, mowing the grass and such :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#3783281 - 02/15/05 02:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Cool zippoz your going to bonnaroo? I'll see ya there! :wink:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#3804515 - 02/19/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Any one else interested in still doing this?

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Community >> The Pub