Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
All numbers equal zero
    #3773212 - 02/13/05 04:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is undisputable fact.

divide 1 by 9.

you get 0.1111 repeating

multiply by 10

you get 1.1111 repeating

now subtract the 0.1111repeating from 1.1111repeating.

answer = 1

0.1111repeating X 9 = 1
and
0.1111repeating X 9 = .9999repeating

so .000000000000000000000000001 = 0

what this means is that an infinitly small number which is greater than zero is in fact greater than zero.

These are the things I think about while I sat in my trig class last year.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomeroUno
Quick Learner
Loc: FunkyTown,Tx.
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: shroommachine]
    #3773217 - 02/13/05 04:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That really has nothing to do with mushrooms or een relatively close to haveing stuff to do with it .
ShroomeroUno

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3773221 - 02/13/05 04:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You spiritual or philisophical point being??????????

--------------------

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: Sinbad]
    #3773233 - 02/13/05 05:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sinbad said:
You spiritual or philisophical point being??????????

I'm coming up on 24 hours of no sleep, and I'm bored as hell. I figured some of you strung out acidheads would find some sort of meaning in this. Maybe how all existence is meaningless and/or assigning values is a futile attempt to explain the divine.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineShroomeroUno
Quick Learner
Loc: FunkyTown,Tx.
    #3773235 - 02/13/05 05:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Im on adderal for the first tme and it wont let me go to sleep. Im not in the mood to start popping out mind blowing philosiphies
ShroomeroUno

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: ShroomeroUno]
    #3773255 - 02/13/05 05:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (02/13/05 05:22 AM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: ShroomeroUno]
    #3773322 - 02/13/05 05:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ShroomeroUno said:
Im on adderal for the first tme and it wont let me go to sleep. Im not in the mood to start popping out mind blowing philosiphies
ShroomeroUno

adderal suck. Unless you take like 70mgs or so, they don't affect you to much, and beyond that, there are to many negative affects.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3773430 - 02/13/05 06:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroommachine said:
I'm coming up on 24 hours of no sleep, and I'm bored as hell. I figured some of you strung out acidheads would find some sort of meaning in this. Maybe how all existence is meaningless and/or assigning values is a futile attempt to explain the divine.

"so .000000000000000000000000001 = 0"

St(r)ung out acid heads...?  :lol:  The only meaning I got out of this thread (besides the "One Potential" stop in Gompville :thumbup: ALLL ABOARD....), is that I indeed need a much better calculator....  Mine, though not seemingly devine, doesn't go that many decimal places....  :wink:

I do find it rather ironic in a way, you were looking :eyeball::eyeball: for someone to say "how all existence is meaningless",
right after proclaiming that ".000000000000000000000000001 = 0".... 

Isn't that kinda~ what you just did...?  :lol:  Why did you need help with that...?    :confused:
::::scratching head::::

What color is YOOOOUUURRR calculator....?  :rolleyes:

:ninja:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #3773464 - 02/13/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the flow is actually 1=0=infinity=0=1. The math of zero and infinity are interesting paradoxes since both equal one(there is one "infinity" and one zero,since both are one they are equal)
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3773580 - 02/13/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it's not a question of decimal places, the zeros repeat endlessly, followed by a 1 infinitly far down the line. Like I said, a day without sleep and I post alot of stupid crap.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3773602 - 02/13/05 08:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am not saying it is stooooopid in the least bit of the sense....  I just didn't like the ending to the story....  After all that .0000000000000000000000000000000001 had to go thru to survive the digital holocaust (a trans reverberence from the 4th dimensional epicenter of the cubed-triangular time rift that happened just 2hr01m33.0000000000000000000000001s ago), then you go and simply equate it to:  "0"...?  Not a happy ending at all....  :shake:

:ninja:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3773627 - 02/13/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that's only in base ten

1/9th in base nine would be 0.1 :cool:

patterns in math are due to our created abstract models, and really do not show that much about 'objective' reality.

really, numbers and values do not exist outside our perception of things, and only if we have been conditioned to adopt these models.

existance may be 'meaningless' in our meaning of meaning. only because we exist within the meaning, and so the meaning cannot exist within us (unless we become nothing, in which we experience everything :smile:)

and zero = infinity (not in math terms but in a philosophical sense). complete nothingness (zero) with even no perception of itself (unlike our perception of 'zero') would be infinte as there would be no boundaries. it would be infinte space, like our universe, in which 'somethingness' is abstracted perceptually. infinity is infinity, it is nothingess and everything.

and don't get me started on the concept of one :laugh:. I mean, really... can anything be said to be separated enough to be called 'one' besides the entirity of infinity (and nothingness :wink:) itself? It's all outdated human perception :cool:

numbers were designed to try and explain our 'external' conditions, but they themselves are not a universal language in anyway.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: deff]
    #3773693 - 02/13/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The ying and yang, all that exists.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: Droz]
    #3773708 - 02/13/05 09:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

or the apex that connects the triangle of yin and yang may be all that 'exists', wherein yin and yang are abstracted away from this singular source.

:smile:

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #3773746 - 02/13/05 09:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

There can be only ONE...
WR :wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: whiterasta]
    #3774063 - 02/13/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

mumbo jumbo...............

gomp...nice link to post!u are a fuckin' genius.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineFiddleMyDiddle
Keyboard Samurai

Loc: Trapped inside my mind..
    #3774141 - 02/13/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deff said:
numbers were designed to try and explain our 'external' conditions, but they themselves are not a universal language in anyway.

Universal to humans, yes, if they understand the language.
The fact I could give a Chinese, Hindi, or American person a string of characters which they could then interpret as numbers or letters, make conclusions on which ones were "numbers" and then extrapolate data; gives notion to the fact that they distinguish "numbers" and "letters."

So, since we can discern them we can apply operations on them.
For letters its common aggregation which leads to words and sentences which impart meaning, of course, different for each language.

For numbers we have the same aggregation, but unlike spoken languages, the rules for mathematics and numbers are shared by humanity.

Im sure even the "grey ones from above" could understand 0 -> 1 if we could present it to them.
Remeber, 0 != Nothing && 0 != Void
Its used in counting and our perceived number systems.

As far as .00000000X = 0, look into limits.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at you because you're all the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: All numbers equal zero [Re: FiddleMyDiddle]
    #3774212 - 02/13/05 01:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that's far from universal

that's more along the lines of consensually species-specific logic :smile:

and then this is assuming that every human understands our devised models of math (and use base ten :smile: - the ancient chinese used base five ect...)

the same could be said with any spoken language if it was known by every human. it still does not make it universal in the objective sense at all.

infinity lies behind these limited models of thought :cool:

--------------------

OfflineFiddleMyDiddle
Keyboard Samurai

Loc: Trapped inside my mind..
    #3774241 - 02/13/05 01:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone has 10 fingers, they can count with these fingers.

They can tell if they add two apples to their bushel, they have
two more apples.

This is math in its most primitive, and your right, it is a shared
conscious structure, that I think even the pygmies of the
jungle would be able to display.

How you describe the counting does not matter, we can interpret
"how" you counted. Whether its 1010 or 10 or 0xA or ten pen marks, its still counting and is still a form of mathematics, at its root, and is universal.

--------------------
You laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at you because you're all the same.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3774326 - 02/13/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infinity lies behind these limited models of thought

Can anything truly be infinite?Even the planet we inhabit and the universe surrounding it and everything in it has an age and lifespan.

I sincerely doubt anyone can prove or reasonably prove that anything is infinite.Even our thinking anything is infinite means we have very limited technology not capable of measuring enough.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order