Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: Swami]
    #3774120 - 02/13/05 12:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, I believe you have the reading comprehension problems swam :smile:

It is great to have wonderful feelings, but what is the practicality of that?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And, my "claim" was never that they changed anyone's life at all, seems you invented that yourself :smile:. All I said was that the experience they provide is, like all existance itself, magical. I said that I cannot see how the experience could not cause amazement in the user, whether or not it lasts - at the very least during the inebriation :cool:

I can safely say that psychedellics have been a tremendous blessing in my life. You can invent all the arguments you want, but you will never sway my opinion on this :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3774125 - 02/13/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think our time of physical evolution has come to somewhat of an end. Meaning that I dont think there will be any more drastic changes to the human form, we may become more flexible, lose our pinky toe and appendix. The next frontier of evolution is of the mind and spirit. That guy from "Waking Life" whose fingers kept growing really long explained this very well.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: deff]
    #3774144 - 02/13/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

...I cannot see how the experience could not cause amazement in the user...

In the words of the Machine elves: "Do not be amazed.Do not give way to amazement."

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3774156 - 02/13/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well, the mind directs the body's movement, and so a development of the mind directly relates to physical evolution too.

now I don't think there will be any extra limbs or dramatic changes in body scale (besides a slight increase in skull size and decrease in body size), but we are certainly accelerating our awareness like never before.

things like telekinesis and telepathy will soon surface as widely known phenomenon, and then soon as a 'usual' scientifically-explained ability.

the difference between single generations is at an all-time high. think of the changes in culture over the last generation. two generations ago and technology was practically non-existant in our sense of it. we as a species alive right now have access to such an abundance of information and even the gems of past culutres and beliefs, that it truly will bring about a golden age.

we are on average far more enlightened now than when we were a single-cell organism. of course, things go in waves, and the recent downfall caused by greed, overconsumption, and materialism will eventually halt.

we are always moving faster towards the asymptote of infinity, and it's amazing :cool:

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3774185 - 02/13/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

we are on average far more enlightened now than when we were a single-cell organism.

You cant measure how enlightened any being is nor can we measure the intelligence of single celled organisms nor measure how enlightened they are.Remember we are merely single cells grouped together.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3774222 - 02/13/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

and we are each a cell within another oraganism too :smile:

i admit you can't measure ANYTHING objectively, rather it's all applied relative to past experiences and agreed upon units.

buuuut, in the terms of cultivating self awareness, I think it is a safe bet to safe humans are designed to be more capable of this than an amoeba.

Of course, we know nothing at all :cool:

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3774250 - 02/13/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think it is a safe bet to safe humans are designed to be more capable of this than an amoeba.

Nothing is a safe bet in an ever changing world.lol.However yes humans are probably more capable of self awareness since it is a human defined concept therefore humans will excel at it.Now if we were to look at an amoeba's definition of reproduction, which is asexually by binary fission,they would likely define reproduction as reproducing asexually by binary fission and not sexually as we reproduce.Since they can reproduce asexually by binary fission and we cannot they could claim superiority by logical reasoning.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3774251 - 02/13/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
If is is so life-changing, why are people here not more "advanced" than elsewhere?

What makes one more "advanced" in compaired to here OR there....?

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3774311 - 02/13/05 01:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, I believe you have the reading comprehension problems swam
I see. It was not me who went off on career and society and other non-related issues that you deemed fit to pretend as if I had brought it up.  :rolleyes:

It is great to have wonderful feelings, but what is the practicality of that?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am well aware of what I wrote. Feeling wonderful has little to do with being happy as feelings change when the drug of choice wears off. Of course, you "conveniently" changed my words. That is not honest discussion.

And my "claim" was never that they changed anyone's life at all, seems you ivented that yourself .

I can safely say that psychedellics have been a tremendous blessing in my life.
So a blessing is NOT indicative of any change? Everything is the same as before and that is a blessing?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3774318 - 02/13/05 01:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

...and so a development of the mind directly relates to physical evolution too.

Not even close.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3774338 - 02/13/05 01:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

things like telekinesis and telepathy will soon surface as widely known phenomenon, and then soon as a 'usual' scientifically-explained ability.

Something amazing is always just about to happen, but never does. If TK exists now, then there is no "soon" and a practioner could easily demonstrate it. (Of course no one can. Believing imaginary things is a "wonderful" by-product of too many drugs.) If it does not exist now, then it is pure fantasy.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: Somaism]
    #3774363 - 02/13/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Psilocybin is like any drug - simply put, it messes with your brain chemistry. And this may sound blasphemous to some here (sorry), but you may think you're becoming more psychic, more evolved, etc. whilst under their influence, but you're really not. I've thought I was a lot of things and had many life shattering revelations whilst under the influence of many psychedelics, but I eventually sobered up and realised that they were just the result of my brain being under the influence of these chemicals. Want a real religious, life changing experience? Seek it whilst sober......

Edited by Le_Canard (02/13/05 01:54 PM)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3774377 - 02/13/05 01:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Something amazing is always just about to happen, but never does. If TK exists now, then there is no "soon" and a practioner could easily demonstrate it. (Of course no one can. Believing imaginary things is a "wonderful" by-product of too many drugs.) If it does not exist now, then it is pure fantasy.

Telekinesis' earliest reference I know if is the approx 1950's when it was popular.However in more than 4 decades at least we have not been able to prove telekinesis.It is very unlikely to ever occur(that is proof of telekinesis).Telekinesis also has no historic references that I know of.IMO it seem to be a side show concept that was developed to entertain people and gain money by doing so.

Quote:

If it does not exist now, then it is pure fantasy.

While it may true that telekinesis is VERY unlikely to exist we are always gaining ground in medical science.Cybernetic hearts didnt exist until a few years ago and the idea of one is also very recent.What was once purely the work of cyberpunk fiction has now become reality within the last 2 years.What doesnt exist now may exist in the future but when it comes to natural phenomena yes most have been discovered and little is left in this manner.

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3774389 - 02/13/05 02:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psilocybin is like any drug - simply put, it messes with your brain chemistry. And this may sound blasphemous to some here (sorry), but you may think you're becoming more psychic, more evolved, etc. whilst under their influence, but you're really not. I've thought I was a lot of things and had many life shattering revelations whilst under the influence of many psychedelics, but I eventually sobered up and realised that they were just the result of my brain being under the influence of these chemicals. Want a real religious, life changing experience? Seek it whilst sober......

I do believe drugs are a tool which can deepen thought or lead one to think deeper by shattering their preconceived notions/reality among other uses.However I also agree that it is a smoke and mirrors sort of illusion when it comes to many things.Too much dependence on drugs or any dependence for that matter will lead to delusions or belief in the smoke and mirrors illusions sooner or later.

--------------------

OfflineFiddleMyDiddle
Keyboard Samurai

Loc: Trapped inside my mind..
Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: Somaism]
    #3774422 - 02/13/05 02:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think the point of this post was to see if psychedelics will affect
the next generation(s) DNA structure: No, no they wont.

Might it effect some social structure, thought structure, etc., through
the generations? Yes

Now, radioactive elements, there's your mutant maker right there.
In fact, one good example is the Sun and the body's resulting Melatonin concentration.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at you because you're all the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3774423 - 02/13/05 02:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Although this article refers to DXM it applies to all drugs in many ways.It talks about how drugs influences perceptions/altered states.Section 8.1 is mostly what Im referring to.

Excerpt:

Quote:

So in any case, whether or not you believe in the objective validity of the paranormal experience, it is hard to argue with the subjective validity of it. DXM is capable of inducing a variety of paranormal experiences, and even though it's probably "all in your head", there's good reason to believe that non-drug-induced paranormal events are also all in your head as well. Again, let me point out that whether or not you believe these are real in some objective sense is entirely a matter of faith and cannot, in general, be proven or disproven scientifically.

A Good Article

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3774920 - 02/13/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

to me swami, happiness is a 'wonderful feeling' :smile: I thought that this was widely accepted, and therefore that it was what you intended.

yes, I said they changed my life much further down in the discussion... your point? that does not indicate that I ever made the intial claim that it's a life-changing experience (although I think it is- EVERYTHING is :wink:) but rather that the experience while on them is ineffably incredible :smile:

but whatever, grasp to your concepts and whatnot if they envoke a sense of comfort :cool:

(and seriously- try telekinesis for yourself people :wink:)

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3774992 - 02/13/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nothing is beyond the limitless capacity of the human mind, but it is rare for a human being to truley realize his/her true potential. Doesn science at least state that we use very little of our brains, let alone our minds?

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: Sinbad]
    #3775006 - 02/13/05 04:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think I heard that that fact was a myth (the 10% thing)

but I agree with you entirely that the human mind is limitless :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Psiloc(yb)in and the evolution in the human species DNA code [Re: Sinbad]
    #3775633 - 02/13/05 07:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nothing is beyond the limitless capacity of the human mind,
Oh really? Care to put that to the test?

Doesn science at least state that we use very little of our brains,
No, that is pure myth and I have debunked that a dozen times here over the years. We use 100% of our brains.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder