Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGalvatron
Stranger
Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts.
    #3772155 - 02/12/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My friend and I recently bought some Tampanensis Truffles. He bought 3.5g dry. I bought 5g dry. It is my first experience with them. I am used to Cubensis, which I have enjoyed 2-3 times a year since I first tried shrooms.

The 5g are to be for two 2.5g doses, one for me, and one for my girlfriend when she gets back in town.

My friend recently took the 3.5g this afternoon at approx 5:05pm. When I left his place at 7:30pm, he had yet to feel anything. The only thing he had to eat all day were two poptarts in the morning with some iced tea.

I guess I'm wondering, since I've never had a problem or heard of anyone having a problem comming up with Cubensis (limited experience), what should I do to maximize my dose? I'm concerned because it is supposed to be a special event for me and my girl, and I want it to really be worth while.

Many thanks - Galvatron

P.S If this thread is in the wrong board, I apologize in advance, and feel free to move it.

Edited by Galvatron (02/12/05 10:07 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. *DELETED* [Re: Galvatron]
    #3772294 - 02/12/05 11:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineGalvatron
Stranger
Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3772307 - 02/13/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Did a search, very little info. Checked a few sites usuing the usual google method. Most places say average dose is 1.8-3g dry. If anyone has any info on Tampanensis truffles, I need info pleeeeez!

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. [Re: Galvatron]
    #3773248 - 02/13/05 07:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

here u go man, im takin some truffle myself was meant to be this weekend but things got screwed up so its next weekend now! im plannin on takin between 5 and 10 grams fresh which is roughly the same as 10 to 20grams fresh cubensis.ill let u's know how it go's!

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23365

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. [Re: Galvatron]
    #3773256 - 02/13/05 07:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you should definately feel 2.5g but it's not going to be very strong

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #3773369 - 02/13/05 08:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

All depends on who you bought them from. Maybe you got them from a jackass who dried them in his oven, which means they got fucked up, and you may as well throw them away. If your friend felt nothing, either his tolerance was up(how long since last trip?), or the shrooms were garbage. Maybe his are from another batch that got screwed up, and yours will be fine.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3773473 - 02/13/05 09:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi and Welcome to the Shroomery!  :mushroom2:

Your friend should have tripped from 3.5g if it were good truffles. 2.5g is a good dose. Eat the truffles on an empty stomach! Don't eat anything 4hours before you dose.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. [Re: Annom]
    #3773835 - 02/13/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm...well Cubies and Tamps are just about neck and neck as far as potecy is concerned, however, since tamps are rare even in their limited habitat of northern florida, Cubies are usually cultivated over a Tamp strain just because they are a smidge easier.
If you are sure they are tamps though, there is more to consider according to the Psilometric scale of comparative potecy: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

------------PSILOCYBIN%----PSILOCIN%----BAEOCYSTIN%

P. tampanensis:-.68--------.32--------- n/a
P. cubensis:----.63--------.60----------.025

Cubies have a slighty less psilocybin content while Tamps have a signifact less Psilocin content. Psilocin is the unstable compound that usually breaks down due to improper drying methods and roupgh handling (Psilocin oxidation)....Psilocybin however is a relatively durable compound which usually does not decompose as a result of mal-preperation. Conclusively, Cubies are more susceptible to losing potency then Tamps, however if handled and dried properly, they will be more potent. So, if what you have is indeed tamps, the dosage would be a tad bit less then your 3.5g Cubie amount. (By the way, even though psilocin and Psilocybin are the premier 2 active ingredients there are a few additional psychoactive compounds besdies that of baeocystin which is believed to be a contributing factor to different strains, even in the Cubie class, produceing different flavors of a shroom trip.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3773852 - 02/13/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had 18 grams fresh in Amsterdam, and they blew me away. Comparable to 5 grams dried cubensis in my experience, but maybe I just got an unusually strong batch.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineGalvatron
Stranger
Re: Brand new to the boards, have a question for you guys, the experts. [Re: Plok]
    #3773891 - 02/13/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the info everyone!! Much appreciated. Any good info on dose and effects of Tampanensis is hard to find. I could only find 3 erowid experience articles and 2 or 3 sites that suggested dry doses.

I have more details about the truffles that I have acquired. It was my friends first time with any sort of shroom. The thing is, his roommate took some later that night (just found out this morning), and had been drinking before taking 3.5g. He felt the effects, but they didnt come on until 2 hours after dosing (I'm assuming because of the drinking and eating pizza). So they dont seem to be mishandled or bad ones.

I think I'm going to fast the entire day that I dose in order to get maximum effect.

I'm a big guy, 6'4" 220, not fat by any means, just tall and broad. 2.5 of cubensis has given me excellent body highs in the past, so long as I had little or nothing to eat during the day. I'm looking for a pleasant body high with perhaps a little bit of inner contemplation, so I figure 2.5g would be good for that.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience