Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing something
    #3771701 - 02/12/05 07:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

that you don't do (such as if you don't do drugs but respect the right of other people to use them, or don't like abortion but respect the right of a woman to choose for herself) You kick ass!!

We need more of you people in the world.  I *love* it when people don't try to condemn other people for doing something that they choose not to do.  It makes my night.  I just realized how many of these people are at the Shroomery.  Duh, right...but I feel really thankful for people like that right now! 

So thanks for being openminded and reasonable!  :smile:  We need more of this type of person in office!!

thanks

*me*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing something [Re: MOTH]
    #3771713 - 02/12/05 07:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yea there are a lot of people who feel like that here :smile:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3771716 - 02/12/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:hug:

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: Jim]
    #3771729 - 02/12/05 07:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yea, take a cultural anthropology class. that class opened my eyes so much.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: JTHM] * 1
    #3771758 - 02/12/05 07:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know plenty of people on the shroomery that talk shit about ppl that do heroin or speed or coke or other hard drugs... fuck them. I don't think it's a good idea to be doing these and I try to talk people out of doing these drugs... but for these fuckers that think you're a piece of shit if you do these drugs.. FUCK YOU!!! everyone's human and subject to the same addictions. If you've never had to battle with addiction to hard drugs and talk smack about people who do... FUCK YOU!!!

If you really don't want to see people doing these hard drugs, you wouldn't be talking shit. The only reason you'd talk that kind of shit is to make yourself feel better because you're so insecure about yourself. Let others be damnit and try to understand what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes.

If you REALLY want to help someone... COMPASSION goes a lot farther than RIDICULE, my friends.

Offlinewzombie05
wz

Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: BrAiN]
    #3771796 - 02/12/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: MOTH]
    #3771806 - 02/12/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have always tried to live my live with this viewpoint. Its not my place to pass judgemant on a persons personal preferences.

As long as their actions do no pyhsical harm to me or the ones I love.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: wzombie05]
    #3771810 - 02/12/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What about when what someone is doing is harmful to other people? Shouldn't we be concerned about child abuse, or does that parent have the right to discipline their child as they see fit? Is this not stepping into their *moral* ground?

I'm not trying to nitpick, but merely posing the question, where do you draw the line? Certainly with abortion it can be argued that your actions effect more than just the mother receiving the abortion.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: Plok]
    #3772144 - 02/12/05 10:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
What about when what someone is doing is harmful to other people?  Shouldn't we be concerned about child abuse, or does that parent have the right to discipline their child as they see fit?  Is this not stepping into their *moral* ground?

I'm not trying to nitpick, but merely posing the question, where do you draw the line?  Certainly with abortion it can be argued that your actions effect more than just the mother receiving the abortion.

Obviously in the case of drugs, if it's not hurting an innocent, back the fuck off.  It's my goddamn body, my one and only earthly vessel, MINE.  MINE. MINE.  I have the right to myself.  Anyone who believes they can dictate what I do with my own body is a fucking moron.  (just bitching in general, not at anyone in particular.  :wink:)

Abortion is controversial because it involves a fetus, which some people believe is alive and sacred.  Personally, I believe that all life is sacred.  BUT, I will never force my beliefs on another woman.  It's not for me to choose.  Every person needs to make their own decisions.  Life is all about decision, and for me to take a decision from another individual is just not right.  An adult human being takes priority over an undeveloped sack of fluid in my opinion.  And some people think that a fetus takes priority over a grown human.  That's fine and that's their right to think that.  But legislating morality only causes more problems in the end.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: MOTH]
    #3772191 - 02/12/05 10:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i use that different strokes for different folk line all the time...its just the only way to explain things sometimes.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing something [Re: MOTH]
    #3772202 - 02/12/05 10:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah....I hope people like us can continue to spread this mind-set, the world seems to be getting darker everyday.

--------------------

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
    #3774236 - 02/13/05 03:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Quote:

Plok said:
What about when what someone is doing is harmful to other people?  Shouldn't we be concerned about child abuse, or does that parent have the right to discipline their child as they see fit?  Is this not stepping into their *moral* ground?

I'm not trying to nitpick, but merely posing the question, where do you draw the line?  Certainly with abortion it can be argued that your actions effect more than just the mother receiving the abortion.

Obviously in the case of drugs, if it's not hurting an innocent, back the fuck off.  It's my goddamn body, my one and only earthly vessel, MINE.  MINE. MINE.  I have the right to myself.  Anyone who believes they can dictate what I do with my own body is a fucking moron.  (just bitching in general, not at anyone in particular.  :wink:)

Abortion is controversial because it involves a fetus, which some people believe is alive and sacred.  Personally, I believe that all life is sacred.  BUT, I will never force my beliefs on another woman.  It's not for me to choose.  Every person needs to make their own decisions.  Life is all about decision, and for me to take a decision from another individual is just not right.  An adult human being takes priority over an undeveloped sack of fluid in my opinion.  And some people think that a fetus takes priority over a grown human.  That's fine and that's their right to think that.  But legislating morality only causes more problems in the end.

reminds me of a Bill Hicks line. "Your not a human until your in my phonebook. A fetus isnt a human, its a bunch of corregated cells" heh Bill Hicks make me chuckle.

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: JTHM]
    #3775884 - 02/13/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Agnostic Libertarian

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: If you believe in 'different strokes for different folks' and don't judge others for doing somet [Re: thepodman]
    #3775938 - 02/13/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i am like that to a extent but not like " i dont rape children but respect those who do"

i mean you have to draw the line some where you cant resepct every body but at lest 90% of people i respect every one who has morals no matter what as long as they arnt rapest and murders and shit like that

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub