Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten over..
    #3771654 - 02/12/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've had a couple of really intense out of control trips. Only one I would really catagorize as a really bad trip. These were all years ago yet I'm still having trouble getting over them. I still get really nervous when it's kicking in. Pot doesn't help. I know part of the problem is b/c I am also watching out for noobs that trip with me and I want to be really careful with them(I had some bad experiences with noobs taking too much). I guess I mainly just wanted to get it kinda off my chest and was wondering how others out there have gotten over this kinda thing. I wish I could trip with some of my friends that I've done this with before that I can trust and not worry about, but this isn't really an option right now. Any thoughts?

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3771686 - 02/12/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Really the best way is to trip again and have a real positive experience, even though after a bad enough trip you don't want to ever again. I once had a pretty bad trip on DXM, it was way before I was experienced with psychedelics and shit went south pretty quick then just got worse. Snow ball effect. Anyways, if you feel you can trip again, do it with a group of experienced people who are also good friends. Set and setting are also very important. Good luck, man.

The only way to defeat a demon is to face it down.

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3771715 - 02/12/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

trip in a safe environment,and when your waiting for it to kick in,remember and think about the beauty of life
play "Air on a G String" by Bach,haha,i surely cant have bad trips with classical music

--------------------

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: krin]
    #3771743 - 02/12/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well im in your boat, i too am still affected with a very large shroom trip i had over a year ago.

but i get through it somehow, dont just forget about your bad trip, think about it and think about what went wrong and why and how you can change yourself and your surroundings.

peace

--------------------
Shine On,           

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: acoostick]
    #3771798 - 02/12/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly. I once had a bad trip with me believing I'm dieing complete with a floating demon and everything. Since then I've had moderate to severe anxiety, even with an anxiety/panic attack every once in a while. I've found the best way to deal with it is to think about it. As acoostick said, just reflect on it, what went wrong, why, what lessons you can learn from it, etc. Getting through the trip is not always easy, but the good thing is that you WILL get through it, even if it is painful. Also it's a good idea to have a benzo or niacinamide around just in case things take a turn for the worst.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: dblaney]
    #3772087 - 02/12/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
Exactly. I once had a bad trip with me believing I'm dieing complete with a floating demon and everything. Since then I've had moderate to severe anxiety, even with an anxiety/panic attack every once in a while. I've found the best way to deal with it is to think about it. As acoostick said, just reflect on it, what went wrong, why, what lessons you can learn from it, etc. Getting through the trip is not always easy, but the good thing is that you WILL get through it, even if it is painful. Also it's a good idea to have a benzo or niacinamide around just in case things take a turn for the worst.

Where can you get benzo or niacinamide? The times I had the bad trips were when the acid I was taking ended up being(no shit) about 10xs stronger than it was supposed to be. I've tripped since and I know what's messing with me. I guess it just helps to talk it out a bit.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3772568 - 02/13/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Accept it. Whatever it was that made your trip bad, accept it. That is all you can do. Once you accept it, no matter what, even if it feels like excruciating pain, you will be able to take it. In fact, once you release yourself into it, it will disappear. Take my advice, no matter what it is that made your trip bad, you can accept it.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: mecreateme]
    #3773048 - 02/13/05 05:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There's some GREAT advice in this thread!  Don't worry man...if you start tripping regularly you will have a difficult trip now and again.  The most important thing is to learn from it.  I had an excruciating trip 8 months ago on 5 grams and have lived to trip again and enjoy it!  Take it at your own pace, but confront what happened during your trip and learn from it. 

Take a read from The Psychedelic Experience while you integrate.  That always helps me.  :heart:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3773702 - 02/13/05 11:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ymhrswrider said:
Where can you get benzo or niacinamide?

Benzo's require an Rx, niacinamide is the amide of vitamin B3, you can get it at supermarkets and convenience stores and health stores usually. Check out the Niacinamide FAQ by Wiccan_Seeker if you can find it.

But those are generally for last resort only, 9 out of 10 times it's better to just weather the storm and accept it, let go, and go with it, as has been said.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: dblaney]
    #3776815 - 02/14/05 01:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You just have to chill and welcome the trip. But that can be a hard thing to do.

Try acid instead, it's alot mellower. I'm still a bit sketched out about doing shrooms since my bad trip, even though I've tripped multiple times since. But the other day I was with my buddy when he dropped acid, and that seems alot mellower.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten ov [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3777042 - 02/14/05 02:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. I had one bad experience that humbled me for a while. What it came down to was an inner fear of doing it again. I had to over come that fear with the right guidance. Not something I jumped into.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Looking to get some info from those who have gone through a bad trip and how they have gotten over.. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3780840 - 02/14/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Think the word love over and over again. Say it aloud, feel it, feel love for everything, including whatever is freaking you out......I know this sounds corny, but it works spectacularly.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3781341 - 02/15/05 12:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Stay away for two years or longer. Time will get you back to where the rest of the population is. That's how their conditioned to be the way they are and it will work for you too.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience