Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZac
Stranger

scary trip last night...
    #3766482 - 02/11/05 12:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, i had a bad trip last night for the first time. I ate about 3 grams of some pretty potent stuff and smoked. It took about 20 minuets to kick in, and everything was going great, just perfect. next thing i know, im drifting in and out of consciousness, i was blacking out when i stayed still and then when i moved again, i could see. it was kinda cool at first, but i was real confused. i decided to leave my friends because they were to overwelming for me to be around, and i went inside the house (from the outside deck) to get some water. when i got in there, there was a black and white face laughing at me everywhere i went. i was running around the house with a pitcher of water trying to snap out of it, but no matter what i told myself about the experience, i couldn't convince myself that it was just the shrooms. i felt more scared than i ever have before and my heart was going 90 to nothing....i ran into the bathroom and tried to throw some of the shrooms back up, but it was too late. i just sat on the couch and waited for my friends to come in, all freaked out. it started to rain and i told my friends the we needed to go. we go back and i start to reach my peak as i walk across the road back to my dorm. once again i cant really see anything, and i look up and im walkin across the road, luckily it was late enough for nobody to be around campus. i saw a bunch of poeple waiting for the elevator and i freaked out and ran up the stairs..as soon as i got back in bed, my trip started to become more fun. i turned on fear and loathing in las vegas, what a crazy fuckin movie....anyways, next thing i know, it feels like my bed is slamming from one side of the room to the other, and im just riding it like a rolercoaster...it was intense... anyways, now i know what a bad trip feels like and i definately want to avoid it, i dont plan on ever eating that much again, especially while smoking...i wouldn't wish a bad trip on anyone, i was truly more scared than i have ever been...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: Zac]
    #3766518 - 02/11/05 12:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Shit man, I've been to that place more than once and it's NOT fun. Scary is definitely the right word, as bad trips just invoke this overwhelming sense of fear and confusion. Yikes. I wish there was like a pill we could all take to ward off any chances of bad trips.

Oh well. It's all in your mind, like everybody says. But that can be incredibly hard to tell yourself and accept when you're that spaced out.

Here's to better tripping!

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: Soularize]
    #3766654 - 02/11/05 01:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What you experienced is probably more than your mind can handle.
It wasn't a bad trip at all, the way you reacted to the trip was bad.
I don't believe in bad trips myself, even though I have had a few. I believe that bad trips like yours are there to help us, examine your trip, meditate on it daily. I like to get stoned, it helps me remember more sometimes. Things will come back that you didn't remember. Try to integrate this trip or change yourself for the better. You experienced the full power of the mushrooms and your true eternal nature. I know it is scary but it is what there is when you trip. Try and accept it for what it is. The Beatles said: "Let it be."

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: mecreateme]
    #3766711 - 02/11/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dreams and nightmares...whats the difference.
this is called sociopathic

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3766750 - 02/11/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

relaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxx...seriously, don't try to escape it by running around the house. don't try to snap yourself out of it. lay down, take full deep breaths, close your eyes, and see what there is to be seen. listen. breathe. relax. concentrate on each breath filling up your lungs. if you have calming music, or the sound of water nearby, that seems to help. we've all been there, and it can be terrifying..you have to put complete trust in billion year old life processes and just know that you'll be fine. your body and mind will adjust if you let them.

OfflineZeaL311
Chopped

Loc: Your Mom's House
    #3767173 - 02/11/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Soularize said:
Yikes. I wish there was like a pill we could all take to ward off any chances of bad trips.

There is, Xanax.

Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: ZeaL311]
    #3767231 - 02/11/05 03:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes xanax does work. but I believe that the anxieties we experience on shrooms(bad trips) are similar to bad dreams. A bad trip could mean that your mind is over coming an obstacle or some sort of complication. nin-"got to over come my complications and my catches"

of course a bad trip can also be a symptom of tripping to often...or just such an intense sensation our mind is paranoid for never feeling that way before...never the less bad trips are indeed scary but if you believe in a world perfect balance you would be required to experience just as much heaven as you would hell

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: spidercid]
    #3767273 - 02/11/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just remember that there really is nothing to be afraid of... fear is just another one of the symptoms you experience through out your trip... when I eat mushrooms I experience a wide variety of feelings before i find a place in my mind that feels balanced.
Try to keep in mind that your all ready there.
The mind can be an ugly place. but with out the ugly there could be no beauty "yin-yang"

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Re: scary trip last night... [Re: spidercid]
    #3767323 - 02/11/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well "bad trips" more or less are extreme reflections of all the ugliness in your life, or that you see in the universe. This is what a truly bad trip is for me. I suppose there are occasionally happy people, living peachy happy lives, and I suppose that these people rarely (if ever) have bad trips.

However for those people like myself, who are not so fortunate as the ones described above, well entering a really high dosed trip with a mind-state that's just slightly apprehensive...usually spells trouble. I'm not a bad person by any means but I do have my defects of character, and basically a bad trip is like having a huge magnifying glass placed in front of my third eye, focused only on all of the negativity in my life. Ahh that's the best way I can describe it.

Talk about a guilt trip man. It sucks because I used to be such a happy tripper a few years ago - I'd take acid at high school ALL the time and experienced virtually no fear or paranoia. I live in the NW and plan on picking and eating cyanescans once again this upcoming fall, despite a couple bad trips I had this last fall...I guess Im just determined that I can return to a pleasurable level of tripping. Although Im not sure how...any ideas???

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Offlinesillyrabbit
Stranger
    #3768030 - 02/11/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm kinda curious...

I've done shrooms like about three times (fourth one coming up soon!) in the past three years. I don't think I've ever experienced a really "fun" trip but I just enjoy all aspects of it cos it's mind-opening and I don't mind dedicating a day to staring at the colorful walls... hehe.

The first time I remember my friend messaged me on the phone with "Don't forget to breathe" at my peak, but I just got so confused what that meant and I just had a total tantrum. However, I got over that in about 10 minutes. I remember towards the end, my best friend and I (we always trip together) were just both calm and laying in bed, talking about how much we appreciated the experience we just had.

However, the last time we tripped pretty hard. It's always really funny in the beginning and exciting, but we got so confused. It was a lot of cool visuals but too much of a mindfuck towards the end. We were just laying in our bed frantically flaying our arms and asking ourselves why we even bother leaving the apartment, or what the point of life was. We couldn't even distinguish ourselves from each other. Ever since then she doesn't wanna try it anymore, but I'm still up for it while I'm young and able to :P

Would you consider that last time a bad trip? From the few threads I've read, it seems like it would be since everybody seems to be able to function fine. I just just thought shrooms were meant to be very confusing... Maybe I'm just more tolerant of bad trips? I know it might be different from your experiences because my trips have taken place in a dorm room and in my apartment (at night). I haven't gone out walking on shrooms just because I know based on my past experiences that it would be way too obvious I was on something. What do you guys think? Maybe I just ate too much? (We shared an eighth)

I want my next trip to be really fun and I'm doing it with somebody who's never tried shrooms, so do you think it'll be a good idea to go outside?

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Re: scary trip last night... [Re: sillyrabbit]
    #3768561 - 02/11/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nah, that doesn't sound like a bad trip to me. You experienced a little confusion it seems, but that's all just part of the wonderful mindfuck. Confusion alone isnt enough to deem a trip "bad". No, no, you'd KNOW FOR SURE if you had a bad trip. There wouldn't be any doubts about whether it was bad or not.

As to tripping outside, well...I don't personally like to trip much in crowded public places, but I have in my past, and it is an adventure worth pursuing I believe. All psychedelic explorers should venture out into the big wide world at least once or twice. The experience is truly one of a kind. For your first time, I would suggest being somewhere relatively peaceful (somewhere out in nature perhaps). Just avoid places like the Mall; in my own and many others' experiences, hallucinogens and huge crowds of "normies" (sober people) don't mix well.

Good luck to you and the spiritual road ahead.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #3770377 - 02/12/05 08:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dont eat dry shrooms then, simple as that.

the fresher the better

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: scary trip last night... [Re: Chronic7]
    #3770631 - 02/12/05 11:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How does that have anything to do with it?
Can you prove that something is better?

How about go for a lower dose next time.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3770706 - 02/12/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Bad trips are simply horrible.

I think that bad trips come from trying to figure out what is happening to you and the world around you.

Just go with the flow, don't try to figure it all out.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineZac
Stranger

Re: scary trip last night... [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3770916 - 02/12/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, im for sure never eating that much again without being in a place where i know i am safe, and i have someone to calm me down if shit goes bad. and no dude, if u had a bad trip, u would know it, it was the most scared i have ever been in my life. i truly thought our fraternity house was out to get me......when i got back into my room and away from all the sober poeple, i was doing great, but they were too much for me to handle. anyone ever experienced the blackouts like i was talkin about? it would have been ok if i was laying in bed or sitting around, but i was walking around and stuff and trying to socialize with buddies while on them.....and the car ride home was amazing too....

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
    #3771218 - 02/12/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like wrong set and setting, combined with too high a doze. As for it being a bad trip, it obviously was for you, but it remembered me of some of my earliest trips, when i used to fight it, instead of turning off and floating downstream. :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

OfflineReprah
Baby Eater

Loc: England
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: drowneduck]
    #3771498 - 02/12/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you have a naturally abstract personality and mind, you'll get less bad trips. So be more hippieish if you ever do them again. Also try and talk to whataver it is that's scaring you in your mind, and-dumb as it sounds-send it your love. It IS possible to turn a trip right around and then have the best time of your life.

--------------------
Eat right and exercise. Don't smoke, drink or take drugs. Get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3771930 - 02/12/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, when you were tripping you were the most scared in you life but you got through that. You survived, just cause the frat house was out to get you doesn't mean anything. You are stronger for going through that. Look on the bright side, at least you know you can take alot and still survive.

--------------------

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
    #3772225 - 02/12/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

is there anyone that 'likes' 'bad trips'???
i never had one, but ithink it would be kinda cool to freak out,
i sorta like nightmares and freaking myself otu thou

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: scary trip last night... [Re: swampthing]
    #3772312 - 02/12/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

swampthing said:
i never had one, but ithink it would be kinda cool to freak out,

Curled up in a corner of your room hidding from deamons is fun?

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order