Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Why take offense to the British? (or anyone)
    #3770541 - 02/12/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Are we not all but people?

Do we not recognise that others run on a very similar set of emotions, states of logic?

Or are some people better than other people, they have a better skill or more money or a better education?  This makes them worthy of condescending everybody else?  Or are we just naturally arrogant?  If so, why?

I have been repeatedly attacked on the Shroomery for displaying the fact I live in the UK.  I find it quite bizzare.  I take no offence, however.  I recognise this as a strange outlook, infinate in its nature to continue seperation by any means possible.

I think we should catagorise each other by the size of our ears, not race or country of origin (joke).

Why do we catagorise our right to exist as higher than the right of the planet or the animals?

Why do we as humans continue to catagorise each other in any way possible?  What would be the underlying reasons, any suggestions?

:stoned:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) [Re: Ego Death]
    #3770549 - 02/12/05 10:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm British,

Life is a state of dissatisfaction and suffering, whatever the categorization. I'm sure if you investigate in your own mind, you will find plenty of such prejudice towards all kinds of people, so the root of such perceptions whether good or bad, lies within your own mind and nowhere else.

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (02/12/05 12:19 PM)

Offlinemushroom_lout
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) [Re: Sinbad]
    #3770776 - 02/12/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe people are just jealous because they dont come from the homeland, and so obviously wish they did.

Kind of like lil boys in school that hit the girls they like.. (If you know what I mean)

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) [Re: mushroom_lout]
    #3770968 - 02/12/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Forgive them for they know not what they do!  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3770980 - 02/12/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have revised this because I should not have responded in the first place. It is just petty.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (02/13/05 02:21 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3773444 - 02/13/05 06:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is your perception Hue.

I can re-quote some of your *nasty* messages if you wish.

You still don't see, that we are exactly the same. This is what I've been saying all along, we each make our own outlook and our minds filter it into what we 'think' we are seeing.

Lol @ you don't like me! All you know is a few WORDS that represent me.

You couldn't defend your arguement, where as I could. Is that a good reason to hate my representation?

Swami said:
"Overcoming fear (ego-wounding) when you are not threatened with physical violence, is one of the first steps towards spiritual maturity."

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#3773449 - 02/13/05 06:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The root is indeed the individuals mind.

But what would be the common factor? Fear of the unknown, possibly?

When something is seperated, in the mind, as different from ones-self, I suppose it becomes an object of the unknown and is thus feared until understood in some way?

Mushroom Lout:
The boy/girl analogy is interesting! We start this division young, then. And only through sex/love does the division diminish.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3773463 - 02/13/05 07:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why do we as humans continue to catagorise each other in any way possible? What would be the underlying reasons, any suggestions?

A deeper, if not the deepest root, is the issue of [mis]identification with the mind. The intellect is inherently dualistic; it makes distinctions and categorizations, etc. Therefore one who is identified [read: attached] to their mind becomes a compulsive thinker, and will often exhibit neurotic tendencies and behaviors; similar to what you've described.

The mind is a wonderful tool, it in itself is not the problem. It is when one develops attachment and identification with it that becomes problematic.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) *DELETED* [Re: Ego Death]
    #3773823 - 02/13/05 10:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Huehuecoyotl

Reason for deletion: irrelevance

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3774074 - 02/13/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I don't think it is your point of origin, but your personality. After all the bullshit nasty messages you sent me I don't like you either.

I have to agree with Hue on this 100%.It is not where you come from but rather how you act here often times that rubs people the wrong way.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Why take offense to the British? (or anyone) [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3774098 - 02/13/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Life is a state of dissatisfaction and suffering

All too often it is, but it does not have to be :cool:

Personally, I agree with skorpivo on this, that it stems from misidentification of self. 'We' are not our bodies, our thoughts, nor our memories. When this is fully accepted - all things are viewed as the same thing expressed in a unique way :smile:

prejudice stems from insecurity of this misidentification, methinks

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3774173 - 02/13/05 12:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Are you saying that if you dont use the correct verbal masturbation technique or fit into someones preconcieved idea of forum eitquet that people here will take offence?

Sounds to me like your tarring all people who post here with the same brush of spiritual immaturity. But i agree that geographic location is'nt usually an issue on this forum.

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3774231 - 02/13/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Are you saying that if you dont use the correct verbal masturbation technique or fit into someones preconcieved idea of forum eitquet that people here will take offence?

Would you not take offense if I were a rude guest in your home?If I were to disrespect and disobey your idea of etiquette would you not dislike my behaviour?This may be an electronic forum but nothing changes from a brick and mortar setting to an online one.The same respectful behaviour is expected.

One who acts without respect will not likely be respected.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3774437 - 02/13/05 02:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This forum is an open home for all, and as such belongs to no one and everyone. Ideas of disobeying and disrespecting some authority that holds dominance over some illusory domain or ideas of etiquette other than the basic forum rules do not apply.

Whether someones expectations or ideas of respect and disrespect are met or not is of no consequence as the intention of the individual causing such illusory disrespect is unknown and is only of paramount consequence to that individual alone regardless of his/her actual actions towards you.

I guess what im saying is that viewpoints differ with regard to respect, and the only thing that matters is your intentions and awareness of the actions you commit, as one can only be responsable for ones own actions in life.

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (02/13/05 02:32 PM)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3775247 - 02/13/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This forum is an open home for all, and as such belongs to no one and everyone.

First mistake, A) The mods are here to enforce rules a bit when things get out of hand.They have final say about whatever they want. B) This site and forum is on a private server.Server owner has ultimate say and in the blink of an eye this site could be gone if the server owner so desired.This forum is definitely owned.By precisely whom Im not entirely sure as I forget. C) Theres really no such thing as free property owned by everyone. D) Regardless of who owns or doesnt own this site and forum, people deserve respect.Everyone deserves to be treated appropiately and not abused or disrespected.

Quote:

Whether someones expectations or ideas of respect and disrespect are met or not is of no consequence as the intention of the individual causing such illusory disrespect is unknown and is only of paramount consequence to that individual alone regardless of his/her actual actions towards you.

You see the above words here?(bags them up and tosses them into the compost pile) Garbage.

People often intentionally and maliciously disrespect others clearly.It is NOT just in the perception of the individual.

Quote:

I guess what im saying is that viewpoints differ with regard to respect, and the only thing that matters is your intentions and awareness of the actions you commit, as one can only be responsable for ones own actions in life.

Everyone has a general idea of universally appropiate behaviour and everyone has a general universal idea of basic respect.Imagine you are meeting someone you dont know at their house for the first time for a gathering of some sort.The sort of respect and behaviour you would show in that situation should apply here.I wont for one minute believe that some people here act the same way in that situation as they do here.

Quote:

the only thing that matters is your intentions and awareness of the actions you commit

Wrong again.Some people's intentions are malicious and they know its malicious.And I think its safe to say everyone here is aware of being malicious/disrespectful/abusive or not.We're not children.(At least none of us should be.)We all know better.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3775313 - 02/13/05 06:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i am forever a child

as we all are :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract