Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Are we on the same Brian wave here (come on)
    #3770464 - 02/12/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know that no two people experience the same reality...
but lets try to think of some our internal dynamics which operate
the same as one another. I'm tired of the same topic. If I hear a meaning of life discussion I immediately leave the room. I understand that there lots of opinions out there, but I am now afraid to discuss mine. I'm sure that what ever I say is a doubled edge sword which will be turned around and become a campaign of politically correct and non factual beliefs that no one can agree upon.
Are we on the same brain wave...?
Don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here and take offense...
I feel that we should take into account every ones beliefs...with in reason of course. Do you believe in god? whats your definition of god?
It all varies from person to person...but in the shroomery we can all come together and say what we have to say with out feeling ridicule from others. Its frustrating still for me. after I have had many enlightened experiences on psychedelics I feel that there is one thing that we should all be able to agree upon...our love for each other.
But still just because I am a better person because of a drug experience doesn't mean the next guy is... this is were i leave this discussion for you all to ponder...(what can we agree on)

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Are we on the same Brian wave here (come on) [Re: spidercid]
    #3770475 - 02/12/05 09:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps, you should be a little more open to other peoples ideas.
Perhaps, they could help you refine your construct of god?

But then, how would you know what ideas are true from which ones are false? I suppose, this is when opinions turn into facts and there is a thought clash; usually happens when there is an error in the thinking process.

I think what you're really asking for is for help to learn how to change and become more open...unless you're ok with erroneous, un-refined ideas?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Re: Are we on the same Brian wave here (come on) [Re: psyka]
    #3770480 - 02/12/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not to offend but you are a perfect example of my doubled edge sword.
I feel that I am very open minded. Do I need help to become more open minded or do we all need help?

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3770485 - 02/12/05 09:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We need to stop believing, and know to understand.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3770518 - 02/12/05 10:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I understand exactly what your saying but their are many factors to deal with.

How well the reader can read your post.

How the reader takes your post (filters, catagorises).

Technical definition of wording and eaches boundaries.

And, of course, many more!

People will always take things the wrong way because we are seperate entities.  Until we can plug our minds together and experience direct thought process and emotion, I fear it will always be this way.

We are communicating in a slow and complicated mannor, we need a human equivilent of the Internet!  :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3770568 - 02/12/05 10:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

spidercid said:
I'm tired of the same topic. If I hear a meaning of life discussion I immediately  leave the room. 

Well, then you probably won't be around here for long, but welcome anyway. This is a spirituality, philosophy, religious forum. Pretty much all we do is talk about the meaning and non meaning of life here.

Everything we do and say on and off this forum is related to the meaning and purposes we give our own lives OR don't. What else is there?

What do we all agree on here? We've tried this before and the answer is NOTHING. We don't agree on foundations to build on let alone building materials or even the reasons for why we would want to have them and use them.

Some people like rock solid foundations some maybe just me, like none. Ideally I like to plant seeds, that grow beautiful gardens and then flit about them like a butterfly.

Some people like to build up walls around then with 12 inch thick concrete. keeps them feeling very safe and secure from the elements, predators and unknown beyond them.

Some like to use glass so they can peer into the views beyond, but non the less keep them safely enclosed. Some like to build with wood or card board that has some give and flex to it when the temperature changes.

Some like to build with an admixture of materials and are not afraid to go outside of their walls to visit other places or dwellings as well and some build many places to dwell within, but keep no permanent residence.

I like smashing down walls and creating large open spaces. I wanna be free to see it all and go anywhere. I don't want to stand on any foundation permanently. I could argue a down side to all of them.

Sooner or later the earth beneath will shift and a quake will bust a chasm in the flooring or the oceans will flood it. Gotta be able to pick up and move position at a moments notice, learn to fly.

What is there to do but share ideas, what we know, what we've experienced for the purpose of offering up more choices in life of what has worked and what hasn't for us? Why? because of the love we share in common.

However, one wo/mans treasure is anothers trash and peoples treasures are trashed by others every day here. Why? Because of all the the love we share in common. :heart: :crazy2:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Are we on the same Brian wave here (come on) [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3770617 - 02/12/05 11:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's not strange or ignorant to be exhausted of this type of discussion. It can be very frustrating to have passionate thought battles only to conclude that that is no conclusion! It can seem pointless and counter-productive, and sometime it is.

I think its stupid to tell someone to be open minded (unless they blatantly refuse to even listen to or discuss a controversial topic). As long as someone is talking and asking questions it means that they are trying to learn and grow.

I try to avoid telling people to be open minded because it's basically like saying "You're way of thinking is wrong! You should be open minded and come over to my way of thinking!" I always admit that I could be wrong, but that I still hold firm in my beliefs because I know what I know. I want the other person to admit that they too could be wrong, but that doesn't mean that have have to admit to being wrong. It just means that we both admit that we don't know everything and that we could learn a lot from each other, even if we never agree on anything.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Are we on the same Brian wave here (come on) [Re: dr0mni]
    #3770758 - 02/12/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What a refreshing attitude you have. Its nice to hear that people still know the meaning of being open minded.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3770807 - 02/12/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Who is Brian?

I'm tired of the same topic.
What does your boredom tell us?

I understand that there lots of opinions out there, but I am now afraid to discuss mine.
Overcoming fear (ego-wounding) when you are not threatened with physical violence, is one of the first steps towards spiritual maturity.

I'm sure that what ever I say is a doubled edge sword which will be turned around and become a campaign of politically correct and non factual beliefs that no one can agree upon.
Wow! You can tell what a hundred disparate people will say on any given topic. How very intuitive! (see thread on intuition)

Don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here and take offense...
Seems you have a lock on being offended.

I feel that we should take into account every ones beliefs...with in reason of course.
There are no shoulds; only actualities.

after I have had many enlightened experiences on psychedelics I feel that there is one thing that we should all be able to agree upon...
Doesn't seem as if the enlightenment carries over to sober reality else you would not repeatedly get caught in how others "should" act or think.

But still just because I am a better person because of a drug experience doesn't mean the next guy is...
Yes, your drug experiences are superior to ours. (More ego stuff!) :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (02/13/05 01:37 AM)

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Are we on the same Brian wave here (come on) [Re: dr0mni]
    #3771015 - 02/12/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Of course! When people get exhausted from it they take a break. Anything can be turned into a meaning of life discussion and the probability for it is the highest in this forum with the focus being philosophy, spirituality, and religion.

Get tired of it, go to the pub or OTD. Want a forum where everyone is into love and on the same page of understanding with the same goals, I'll give you links to such spirituality forums. Tons of spirituality and religious ones are out there. This forum is predominantly, from what I gather, one of personal philosophers.

That aside, I think those who conglomerate here versus the others where everyone is on the same page is because we like to go our own way within a group dynamic. In the others, the fish keep turning in the same group direction. In this one everyone is swimming this way and that but somehow staying in a group.

It's neat. I would also postulate that people who tend to find a comfort level here are the rebels and misfits of spirituality, philosophy and religion.

Here we can not fit in and still fit in, here we can rebel and belong, what fun! For those reasons, I think S&P is one of the most open minded forums on the net. I never would've seen it that way when I first came here. This place just as it is has contributed to my growth a lot.

I think when others ask for open mindedness, all they are really asking for is just some sincere consideration of another perspective. If one does and still prefers their own view then, I think most people are okay with that.

If people can't handle others having different beliefs after open considerations then, they may want to examine why it bothers them?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3772412 - 02/12/05 10:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good question Swami! What does his boredom tell us?

Or was that just a hypothetical question?

(God I love it when everyone gets all sarcastic!) <= {sarcasm}

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3773226 - 02/13/05 04:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Spot on jiggy, nicley put, you really hit the nail on the head with that one!  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3773567 - 02/13/05 08:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

spake for yourself..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies