Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
swami
    #3768886 - 02/11/05 09:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

set forth a question that we can discuss, because im getting bored, and your good at starting decent threads.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: swami [Re: CleverName]
    #3769340 - 02/11/05 11:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Swami usually starts posts with controversial topics to get peoples juices flowing.

You can think of some. I have one that came up tonight. I learned that Bill gates donated a Billion dollars to vacinate 3rd world children.

I thought to myself, "Great, now they can survive TB, Tetnus and the measels so they can die from malnutrition,  starvation and AIDS. :confused:

I think they need charity money spent on BIRTH CONTROL, general education, and the specific education for the adults of how diseases are spread, how to farm their own food, produce tradeable goods and general health care.

Where would any of you put a billion dollars on helping 3rd world people and why?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: swami [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3769352 - 02/11/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am surprised he didn't give them free copies of Windows. So I guess vaccinations aren't so bad. Microsoft sucks.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: swami [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3769356 - 02/11/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think I would spend it on giving them a decent government that knows how to manage an economy--by leaving it alone. That's the way these countries are gonna prosper.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: swami [Re: Silversoul]
    #3769481 - 02/12/05 12:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Third world countries, typically, need to become developed. :lol:

Education is really the answer in this regard, and, also, the proper interactions with these countries needs to happen with more developed countries. Perhaps these countries need to be given real oppurtunities for economic and social growth to happen?

One of the more ignorant acts I have heard occurs in some of these countries is the slashing and burning of rain forests by farmers. They completely devastate rainforest in order to produce farmland, the burning of the materials that grew in the rainforest providing fertilization for their crops.

It is important to note, of course, that only a couple of years later, that same land is no longer capable of supporting their crops. The land effectively turns into desert. The moisture that once sustained the rainforest is used up by the crops, and there is no longer an ecosystem there that sustains those moisture levels. The difference between rainforest and desert is water. A rainforest retains its water and reuses it - a slashed and burnt area of land that has crops planted in it retains nothing.

Of course, it would be far more beneficial for both the rainforest and the farmers who wish to produce a means by which to live if said farmers in the third world were to use the rainforest to provide for themselves. The rainforest contains a wealth of oppurtunities. One could always farm iguanas, you know. :wink:

Ignorance can only be solved with education and care, really. :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: swami [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3769490 - 02/12/05 12:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When you make education available in these countries, people who graduate college just end up leaving the country.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3769559 - 02/12/05 12:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I never mentioned college. :grin:

What I was speaking of was more referring to giving people the understanding necessary to begin to form a basic economic/social/political structure, not really setting up an advanced, refined educational system so that the few who do pass through it leave the country. If a man is going to be a farmer, could he use some better understanding as to how to farm so that he can sustain both himself and the environment in which he farms? Could one see a benefit in ensuring that people in a more undeveloped country are given the ability to read and write?

Developing an undeveloped country requires proper development, over time (imagine that :lol:). You know, giving someone an idea so that they can overcome ignorance, instead of exploiting their ignorance. Creating a stronger economy doesn't really happen by funneling in money through the current economic structure, but by using those funds to create a better structure.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3769568 - 02/12/05 12:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The British turned Hong Kong into an economic miracle essentially by just keeping their hands out of the economy. I don't see why this couldn't happen in other countries as well.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3769626 - 02/12/05 12:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know the specifics of how Hong Kong met such a succes in their development in the economic world, although I will say that I am sure the difference itself between Hong Kong and these other areas exists in the differences in these specific details. :grin:

The economic status of each country is dependant on the geographic location of that country, that country's citizens, the way that country interacts with other countries, especially the countries that it borders, the available resources that country has, the history of that country and its development... the success one area meets in developing as a country because other countries adopt a laissez faire attitude in their interactions with this country does not mean that all countries will develop in a similar manner when other countries adopt the same attitude in their interactions.

Hand a book to one man on how to build a corporate empire from the ground up and he does just that. Hand the same book to someone else who cannot read the book, and I doubt he will build a huge corporate empire from the ground up. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
    #3769989 - 02/12/05 02:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i dont think anyone actually cares for 3rd world children.so if Bill Gates donated to them probably becuase they got some trick up there sleeve.maybe there testing something new.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: swami [Re: Cosm]
    #3770005 - 02/12/05 02:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cosm said:
i dont think anyone actually cares for 3rd world children.so if Bill Gates donated to them probably becuase they got some trick up there sleeve.maybe there testing something new.

That's quite the perspective to take. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
    #3770042 - 02/12/05 03:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

other wise there wouldn't be 3rd world existence,the majority of these nations live in Africa right,Africa has been suppressed since the beginning of time.they don't want to help them for some reason.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3770073 - 02/12/05 03:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cosm said:
other wise there wouldn't be 3rd world existence,the majority of these nations live in Africa right,Africa has been suppressed since the beginning of time.they don't want to help them for some reason.

Who doesn't want to help (I'm looking for a more specific answer than "them" :wink:)? There are third world nations in South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Pacific Rim. I do not see what you mean in regards to the supression of Africa, as many great empires have emerged in Africa throughout the ages (Egypt, Islamic dynasties, etc. etc.)

While looking at an African timeline, I came acrossed an interesting quote by some dude that I find applicable:

"Let's face it -- think of Africa, and the first images that come
to mind are of war, poverty, famine and flies.
How many of us really know anything at all about
the truly great ancient African civilizations, which in their day,
were just as splendid and glorious as any on the face of the earth?"
--Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Wonders of the African World"

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3770139 - 02/12/05 04:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Africa has been suppressed since the beginning of time.

So when Africa held the only humans, who was doing the suppressing? :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
    #3770140 - 02/12/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know who them is but there here and have always been.did you hear about the woman in Africa who won the noble prize for stating that Africa is being suppressed. someone invented aids and unleashed it on Africa to kill off African in certain locations.the Zulu nation is about gone nonexistent.

as far as Egypt, they were probably suppressors of the nation back in the day when they arrived there.who is the catholic church to go in there and teach the Zulu's that Columbus discovered America,when the Zulus have been traveling around the world long before Columbus was borne.western history is so full of BS its crazy,scary....

i dont know about the other 3rd world nations but something is up with Africa.this is something this white boy as noticed in the world in which he lives.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3770149 - 02/12/05 04:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know, but I would recommend that you do a lot more research into this particular area of interest before you begin to form theories in this manner.

As Swami mentioned, we all originate from Africa. Africa is a continent full of history, which contains just as much supression of humans by others as does the history of any other continent. I think that the theory that AIDS was invented and specifically released in Africa has just as much basis in reality as the theory that the plague that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages was released by a sorceror practicing witchcraft. New diseases propagate themself into existance naturally every day. AIDS has devastated Africa for obvious reasons. Sexually-transmitted diseases for which no vaccination exists proliferate when thousands, if not millions, of infected people continue to have unprotected sex. AIDS also exists in North America... why is it not as devastating? That is a good question for you to contemplate. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
    #3770153 - 02/12/05 04:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the majority of 3rd world nations consist of people who migrated from africa many years ago. am i right or am i wrong.

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
    #3770156 - 02/12/05 04:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

let me clairfy im referring to one particular race here.

AIDS also exists in North America... why is it not as devastating? That is a good question for you to contemplate.

Edited by Cosm (02/12/05 04:47 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3770163 - 02/12/05 04:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cosm said:
the majority of 3rd world nations consist of people who migrated from africa many years ago. am i right or am i wrong.

100% of everyone, regardless of the rank of the nation they reside in, migrated from Africa many years ago, as far as current science understanding goes... keeping in mind that I don't exactly keep up-to-date with scientific discoveries....

Once more, I'd definitely recommend some real research into the subject before making vauge speculations based on unclear abstractions. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
    #3770165 - 02/12/05 04:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not so sure that everyone originated from Africa that's what history teaches us but Ive found that history has lied. Archeology findings leads me to believe otherwise.

examples
Columbus discovered America no the native Americans discovered America.

Alexander the great conquered the world no he conquered Europe

this is the history of them who ever them is.they dont want to know the facts as it applies to the world.they want to know the facts as it applies to them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom