Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Showing my friend the light. . .
    #3769763 - 02/12/05 01:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's been awhile since I had taken time out of my busy life and took some time to relax and trip with my buds. One of my friends showed growing interest in tripping and seriously considered trying mushrooms. I didn't want to make the decision for him or push my view on him in any way. I directed him towards all infromation he would need, such as erowid and many sources here at the shroomery, so he could make his own educated choice.

It didn't take him long to decide that he wanted to give it a go so we set a date few months in advance and I tried to prepare him for the ride. I made sure he asked me any question he could think of. . . and he had a lot of them. I felt by the time we were ready to trip he was well informed and properly prepared for his first time.

The day arrived, which was this past Thursday. I had somewhere around 8 grams to split amongts the first timer, another friend and I. I figured it should get him just where he should be on his first trip and it wouldn't be anything too intense for me in which I couldn't keep an eye on him.

We grinded up the shrooms into a fine powder using a coffee grinder and threw them in a pot with 4 cups of water. I let the water come up to a boil, let it boil for 5 mins, stirring frequently, took the water off the boil and let the mixture cool for several minutes. It was then I realized that I had no tea to mix the concoction with, so I decided to mix it was some cherry koolaid. So we slowly filtered off the gunk and let the water drip into a blender filled with 4 heaping spoons full of koolaid. The process was long and tedeious and I had a feeling that I was loosing a lot of the magic with all the drips and spills, but I continued on.

We finally filled the blender with around 3 1/2 cups of the shroom tea. Put the lid on the blender and presed "blend". Well, that was a HUGE mistake! The whole thing turned into a blender full of gooey shroomy smelling cherry foam. We tried to be patient and let it settle but the foam almost had the cosistancy of yogert. It was quite bizzare. We tried to dilute the foam with water and had some sucess. We were able to consume probably a little more then half the foam between the 3 of us. I just had a gut feeling that we had lost all the magic and weren't even going to trip at all.

So we cleaned up the mess we made and headed to my basement to relax and watch TV. I was really hoping we were going to trip good because I wanted my friend to have a really good frist time.

Here's a time line of the trip from my perspective:

1:45 PM - ingested the nasty koolaid funk and retreated to my basement.

1:55 - Starting to feel a little fuzzy in the head. Asked my friends if they were feeling it and they agreed they felt the same.

2:00 - put on some Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Watched a few episodes of that. Still very clear headed. Good mild body buzz coming on... Thought that I was perhaps in more then I thought I would get. I asked the first time how he felt. He just said "pretty high." but knowing that he really doesn't know how to judge the experience yet, I just assumed he felt mildly buzzed.

2:30 - I was getting slightly annoyed that I wasn't tripping balls by now. I found myself looking for think to do to entertain us. We put on some music and talked for a bit. I pulled out some paintings from another friend of mine so we could look at them. But it was all quite boring. Not one of use was hallucinating and we all seemed to be clear heaeded.

3:30 - we started to watch TV again. I felt like things might by picking up. My thought process was slowing down and things were getting a little fuzzy. But as soon as I started to think, here I go! Things would settle right back down. I would stare at my walls and look at the for several seconds hoping to see them move. I knew right then that I wasn't going to trip because I never have to look for a hallucination, hallucinations are just always there, consuming my vision. My first-timer friend stood there looking at the wall for a few minutes and said he seen a circle pattern slightly spinning. I basically told him to sit back down and relax becuase "thinking you might see something spinning," isn't tripping IMO.

3:35 - We flip through the channels and find Seasame Street and decide to watch it. It was perhaps the most hillarious shit I have ever watched. All 3 of us were practically pissing our pants when we were watching some skit about Tele-monster an the alaphbet. I go and get a navel orange and peel it up. It smells fantatic and tastes even better. Eating this orange was the highlight of the whole trip. I past a few pieces to my friends and they also couldn't believe the taste explosion. I gave us something to talk about for a few minutes.

4:00 - We're done having fun with Sesame Street and eating the orange. We're all feeling a really good body buzz. Some minor confusion and what not. Colors seem a bit brighter and little crisper. My vision is slightly blurry. I'm enjoying myself.

We find the Big Labowski on comedy central and decided to watch it. I find myself laughing uncontrollably at parts that aren't even that funny. The first time shroomer admits he's pretty damn high and notes that he can hear and see a lot better.

6:00 - We're all down from our trip. It was nothing more then a relaxing body buzz. Usually I woudln't gripe about something like that, but the fact that I have been tallking up shrooms for 2 months to this guy made me feel like an ass.

He said he had a really good time though, which I guess that's all that counts and he's very eager to try them again at a higher does. So I guess all worked out in the end.

I thought you guys might enjoy a boring read.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Showing my friend the light. . . [Re: djd586]
    #3769849 - 02/12/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh well, if he liked them he liked them.

--------------------

InvisibleD_S_G
the officialOTDtard,yep
 User Gallery

Loc: shitting on Anno's tomato...
Re: Showing my friend the light. . . [Re: djd586]
    #3770144 - 02/12/05 04:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thats how my first mushroom expierence went.i thought it was the best buzz in the world.then i took a heavyer dose a couple of months later and i was amazed at what was going on.

ps:it was a good read.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck