Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMtnMan437
Stranger
Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP
    #3766602 - 02/11/05 12:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am planning on trying some shrooms for the firs time next week, and I was wondering how common it is to get mushrooms laced with LSD or PCP? Is there anyway to tell? Is it fairly easy to distinguish between store bought mushrooms (which would indicate they aren't real and are laced with something) and psilocybin mushrooms? Is it pretty risky? I'm just looking for ways to know beforehand what I am taking. What are your opinions? Thanks for the help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: MtnMan437]
    #3766646 - 02/11/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's very very unlikely that you will find mushrooms laced with LSD or PCP. Find some pictures of psilocybin mushrooms to view what they look like.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: Annom]
    #3766669 - 02/11/05 01:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Psilocybin mushrooms taste like shit, grocery shrooms dont.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3766695 - 02/11/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If shrooms are going to be laced, chances are they will most likely be laced with PCP over LSD. It has happened, but it's very uncommon to hear about store bought mushrooms being laced. I wouldn't put anything beyond a dealer though.

Once you know what you're looking for, it's hard to mistake the identity of dried cubes. Attached is a link from Erowid of packaged/dried cubes, study it and learn what to look for.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_images3.shtml

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: Holydiver]
    #3768618 - 02/11/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, laced shrooms are very rare, esp. with LSD.....and if you do get shrooms laced with LSD, you won't be complaining!  :wink: :tripping: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3768656 - 02/11/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Basically, I'd say its so rare its pretty much not going to happen. Now I dont want to say there is NO chance, because thats not true. But, the likelyhood of you getting laced shrooms, is slim to none. And IF, and thats a seriouse IF, they would belaced with PCP over LSD.

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #3768729 - 02/11/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

your joking yeah?

--------------------

OfflineMtnMan437
Stranger
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3768881 - 02/11/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not joking. Type in "Mushrooms laced with LSD PCP" on google and see some of the stuff that comes up. "In a 1985 analysis of 886 illegally sold mushrooms claimed to be Psilocybe, only 28% were actually Psilocybes while 31% were common store mushrooms or other varieties laced with LSD or PCP, and 37% were inert." I found this on shroomery.org: http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/12208
I know that the study was in 1985 and things could be different now, but is that true? That would mean 2 out of 3 would be laced. Are they just trying to use it as a scare tactic to the public or what? If that was proof that this was true today, that only 28% of the shrooms you get off the streets are actually pcilocybins (I'm talking about the black market), it'd be something I'd consider less.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3769091 - 02/11/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would figure they'd charge extra and even advertise that it's laced...

and, by my math, those figures only add up to 96%.  that's a good sign of BS.  :wink:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: lackobreath]
    #3769138 - 02/11/05 10:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, plus that was data from 10 years ago.....times have changed, a lot.

--------------------

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
    #3769243 - 02/11/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lackobreath said:

and, by my math, those figures only add up to 96%.  that's a good sign of BS.  :wink:

The other 4% turned out to be specifically azures and mysteriously disappeared from the research dept..

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #3770608 - 02/12/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lackobreath said:

It's known as experimental error, and is usually indicative of a good study (assuming they publish the experimental error).

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3770714 - 02/12/05 11:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am not sure about that data listed above. I find no records so i wil;l have to look. This is a small problem with not too many cans showing up. I was last offered a can of frozen shrooms in hawaii over 15 years ago.

I will look this literature in your report above URL and see what is real. Int he mean time, here is a URL of facts of canned shrooms from 1970s. I was not aware of any more since except the European Shitake shrooms lace with acid and no pcp.

Read this post I made a few months ago with imags of such cases.

And the 6-year-old girl who died of shrooms died from eeating Psilocybe cyanescens. I fully investrigated the case and talked to the original doctors involved and the they sent me a polaroid of the mushrooms which were actually Psilocybe cyanescens, However, it is not known if other shrooms were involved. A famuily made a meal of shrooms gathered from their Garden.

And regarding the toxicity ld50 level,
Quote:

Jonathan Ott reported that the "Ld50 (lethal dosage) in mice for psilocybin has been determined to be 280 mg/kg, oral ingestion", thereby assuming that a person of average weight (i.e. 70 kg/155 lb) person, "would have to ingest l9.6 grams of [the extracted chemical] psilocybin to produce death." However, in 1989, Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen at the University of Auckland stated that he believes that "the LD50 (the dose at which 50% of a sample will die) has been determined as 280 mg/kg in mice. However, it is not valid to calculate the LD50 for humans by a simple percentage/weight calculation. Mice and humans have very different metabolic rates and dispose of drugs in different ways. It is unlikely that even a large number of psilocybine mushrooms would not be toxic in humans, but we cannot suggest an exact figure from data based on rodent studies."

from magic mushrooms of Australia and NZ by John W. Allen,

And in regards to this quote below:
Quote:

In a 1985 analysis of 886 illegally sold mushrooms claimed to be Psilocybe, only 28% were actually Psilocybes while 31% were common store mushrooms or other varieties laced with LSD or PCP, and 37% were inert.

I have every article listed in the URL posted above
and there is no such study about lsd laced shrooms of trhe statistics given.

by the early 1980s, laced shrooms were not common anywhere and tif they were more reports that those statistics which are noted above but cannot be verified anywhere.

So I discount that report as inaccurate.

mjshroomer

Please go to he URL I posted and see the chem analytical sheets I posted.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3596497/page//fpart/2/vc/1

ANother point of interest is that the shrooms old i America of LSD laced with PCP shrooms came frozen in sealed "K" ration cans like a can of soup or beans. They were either Agaricus campestris or A. bisporus. And sometimes they were laced with PCP to hid the effects of the acid.

At the same time in Europe, similar shrooms were sold in the 1970s and early 1980s throuoghout Europe only the shrooms were shitake and the canned shrooms came form Asia, also in frozen tins, vacuum sealed like a can of soup.

Allegedly in Oregonm where they first appeared in the USA, many people were told they were sindicate created shrooms and were sold as smuggled in from Mexico shrooms.

IT was becasue of those phony shrooms that I eventually became inbterested in the real shrooms.

Eventually several of those listed cases will appear on my site under accidental ingestions in my grape vine section of my site.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (02/12/05 12:01 PM)

OfflineGoogah
Stranger
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3772141 - 02/12/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm..would it really be that bad if they were laced with LSD anyways...?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Question about mushrooms being laced with LSD or PCP [Re: Googah]
    #3772372 - 02/12/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes becayuse it is dishonest and a rip off and it is usually friends who sell them to other friends saying they are Mexican magic mushrooms.

It is also cheating someone of a really beautiful experience.

People who do that shit diserve anything bad that happens to them.

Karma.

mj

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

#3775132 - 02/13/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Yeah, plus that was data from 10 years ago.....times have changed, a lot.

20?

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate