Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Who works out/excercises?
    #3769068 - 02/12/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone here work out? I started working out with dumbbells and a bench press (at my house) 3 of 4 months ago. I usually work out every 3 or 4 days. I only work out my upper body. It's not really a complete workout because I don't do back or shoulders alot, but it works and I"m happy with the results. I used to be really skinny, but now I'm actually putting on some mass. Working out is the only way I can get bigger. I used to eat alot, but I stayed the same size and I couldn't gain weight. I don't mind having to workout, though. I actually like doing it. It gives me lots of energy for the rest of the day and it seems like I'm more calm and collected afterwards as well. It makes sense because I'm focusing on one thing intensely (my body) for an extended period of time. It's kind of like meditating (that's just my own theory, but I think it makes sense). I also like the strength gain that came with working out. I feel more in control of my body and more capable of doing anything physically. Seeing results is rewarding, too. When I started, I was benching 80 lbs. Now I'm at 100. If I can keep up this pace, I'll almost be able to double my beginning weight by the end of the year. Another good result is the change in my overall appearance. Gains in mass + muscle have made me look older and more mature (and more sexy :laugh:).

I also started running, stretching and eating healthy. Running and stretching have become my favorite excercises because of their effect on my body as well as my mind. When I get done with a run (preceded and followed by a stretching session), I feel really good. It's the same feeling that I get from working out, just more so. When I feel like that, I'm more able to stay on top of things during the day instead of not caring because I had no energy. Eating healthy has helped alot with that, as well. I still like junk food, but I would pick a healthy meal over anything else. I like knowing that what I'm eating is good for me and that it will give me more energy.

If you don't work out, excercise or eat healthy, I suggest trying it out. Get a dumbbell set, start jogging, imrpove your diet - do something to improve your health. You'll probably enjoy it and decide to get more serious about your health in general. It takes time and dedication, but the reward is well worth it. And I especially recommend this to those of you struggling with your life, those who are depressed, etc.. Being healthy has changed my mindset alot. I feel better about myself and my life in general. I'm sure it would have the same effect on everyone. Plus, you will live longer and more comfortably. Maintaining your health throughout your whole life is the only way to live comfortably into old age. I don't know about you, but I don't want to break my hip, depend on drugs, or anything like that. I think it's sad that people don't have respect enough to take proper care of themselves. The least you can do for yourself in life is take care of your body - it's who you are. Take pride in it. You will be a better person for it.

Btw, my older brother (who's in Afghanastan atm) decided to pay for my 6 month membership to a gym. He offered to pay for me because he was happy that I started working out. I'm looking forward to it because I will finally be able to work out my whole body. I'm also happy about it because we'll have something to do together when he gets back.

I will probably be doing a 4 day workout routine at the gym and I'll continue to run and stretch on my own. I plan on getting pretty big. Right now I'm 5'9 and I weigh about 135 lbs.. My goal is to look something like this. Obviously, I have a long way to go, but I'm looking forward to it. I plan on taking a picture of my body every week or two to track my progress over the next 6 months. I expect to look very different by the end of that time. I'll make sure to update you guys periodically on my progress.

I hope I actually inspired someone with this post because it took a long time to write. :smirk:

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Who works out/excercises? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3769101 - 02/12/05 12:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

nope... I am a couch jockey.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: Who works out/excercises? [Re: Jim]
    #3769145 - 02/12/05 12:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i do

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3769149 - 02/12/05 12:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

6 days a week. I do cardiovascular every day, upper body on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and lower body on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Who works out/excercises? [Re: Jim]
    #3769160 - 02/12/05 12:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GratefulJim said:

Did my post connect with you/give you any inspiration? I wrote it for people such as yourself.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3769217 - 02/12/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hobbitcg said:
Did my post connect with you/give you any inspiration? I wrote it for people such as yourself.

During the summer I'm so active that I'm radioactive. Its winter. I don't do shit in winter.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3769223 - 02/12/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I do. Bowflex XTL for resistance training, Bowflex Tread Climber 5000 for cardiovascular, and Hatha Yoga. Routines may vary.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3769311 - 02/12/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

that was a great post, nicely thought out and with postive vibes. I work out once in a while doing pushups, dumb bells, and running on the treadmill in my basement, I also have a punching bag. The problem is that I don't work out regularly, sometime I'll work out 2 times a week, sometimes just once or not at all, doing any combination of the above things. I'm usually pretty busy with university and when I come home I'm either to tired to get down to the basement or I just don't have time cause I have to study and do homework. I'd like to have a regular workout schedule going. My goal is to gain weight, maybe 10 to 15 lbs and build muscles in my arms. I weigh 145lb right now. I think I should start by maybe just trying to work out 2-3 days a week, and sticking with it, I just tend to get lazy and I'd rather sit down and play my guitar than exert energy, hehe. So for my goals, what sort of work out would you suggest with the available equipment that I have?

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
    #3769474 - 02/12/05 01:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hobbitcg said:
Quote:

GratefulJim said:

I feel freakish being so god damned attractive already... it's like a curse. I could do without getting so people think I'm a meat-head as well...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub