Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Woo hoo. Bob's Pan. Cyans. are colonizing. Now he needs advice. MORE QUESTIONS ADDED.
    #3768627 - 02/11/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bob has read all the teks. He is just wondering if anyone has any further advice on what or what not worked for them. What temp has worked best for you for fruiting? Any pitfalls that you've run into that I could avoid would be appreciated, too.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Edited by ymhrswrider (02/12/05 03:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVALIS
vast activelivingintelligencesystem
 User Gallery

Loc: neverwhere, az
Re: Woo hoo. Bob's Pan. Cyans. are colonizing. Now he needs advice. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3768913 - 02/11/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't grown these ( or anything, for that matter ), but I'm researching for a distant aquaintance who's interested in growing pn. cyan. within the next few weeks.

For what it may be worth, here's some various little distilled factlets/recomendations that I've discerned after a ton of reading:

Optimal fruiting tmp is 80F.

They do better with more surface area than depth in their substrate.

They're highly sensitive to C02 - proper air exchange is crucial.

Don't mist them while they're pinning - it'll lead to a mini-armageddon for the poor little buggers.

Evaporation is key to good fruiting - when they start buttoning, stop misting/lower moisture, and raise air flow/circulation. Too much humidity with too little of an evap. rate will seriously stall/stunt/abort growth.

Directly after flush - mist, raise humidity and decrease evaporation again, decrease temp. Wait a couple days for more buttons, then once again get that drying evaporation going. loop.

Good luck!

--------------------
Nature is the Technology of the Divine.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Woo hoo. Bob's Pan. Cyans. are colonizing. Now he needs advice. [Re: VALIS]
    #3771282 - 02/12/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So tell me more about how much air exchange is required and such. Bob has a PMP with a 55 gallon rubbermaid container and a 60 gallon aquarium air pump going to two 12 inch long air stones. Bob was planning on keeping the temp about 75. He has some cubies that he is growing in there also.

1)Should these conditions be acceptible for the Pan. Cyans. cased with about a 2 inch subtrate layer?

2)What casing layer(not subtrate) depth has worked best for those who have done this?

--------------------

Edited by ymhrswrider (02/12/05 03:40 PM)

OfflineVALIS
 User Gallery

Re: Woo hoo. Bob's Pan. Cyans. are colonizing. Now he needs advice. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3771459 - 02/12/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

They like 2 air exchanges per hour. I'm shitty at math, so I can't calculate that for the setup you described and asked about.

2" substrate depth seems to be the ticket.

Most this info, I gleaned after many hours of reading from the following shroomery sources:

pan cyan faq

panaeolus forum

growing pan cyans

Can't wait to see how Bob does!

A friend/aquaintance of mine is going to try pulling off a pan. cyan. cultivation for his first time grow. So he'll be watching this closely - let us know how it goes!

--------------------

Edited by VALIS (02/12/05 04:19 PM)

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3771482 - 02/12/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What..what....no, Bob is doing this, not me. Umm....you can't pin anything on me. I'll keep you updated on how Bob is doing. If fanning twice a day worked for you that the airstones should work fine. Bob's just worried about having too much humidity. He's wondering if the Pan Cyans. will fruit under the same conditions that the cubies like.

--------------------

OfflineVALIS
 User Gallery

#3771547 - 02/12/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was totally refering to your friend's setup, I understand why you wouldn't try growing these yourself.

As far as I could glean, pn. cyan. and cub. share a fairly close approximation of prefered environment/conditions. Only pn. cyan. are alot more finicky regarding a few specific factors, and are more susceptable to contamination, even after fruting.

As far as humidity goes - bring it down soon as you see a significant amount of buttons in the casing, just past the initial pinning stage.

Apparently they _really_like_ alot of evaporation action going on as they're fruiting. A mysteriously anonymous, non-registered user recommends: "wet feet, dry heads"... see this and this .

Remember to bring back up the humidity/moisture and lower the air circ. soon after harvesting each flush, in order to initiate new fruiting again. repeat.

I imagine this is because of how they thrive right after a good rain, in tropical/sub-tropical locals, where after the rain, the sun comes out and shines, quickly evaporating up all that moisture. This is probably also why they fruit to maturity so quickly under optimal conditions. Just guesses though.

My friend will be putting these theories to the test in a few more weeks.

Best wishes and good vibes over to Bob!

--------------------

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3771633 - 02/12/05 05:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So do you think Bob would be wise to transfer his casings into a dry rubbermaid after pinning is iniciated? When the cubies were growing, their caps were pretty moist. I don't think there was any evaporation. Anyone who has actually grown these in similar conditions, please chime in. Thanks for all the info so far VALIS.

--------------------

OfflineVALIS
 User Gallery

#3774180 - 02/13/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, since no one else responded - I would recommend that Bob rig up a small fan in his pmp. Or at least do something like open more/larger air escape vents in his pmp during the post-pinning and fruiting stages. That should help increase the evaporation rate, which would lower the ambient humidity within the pmp and drastically reduce the amount of moisture sitting on those caps - which won't be good for the pan cyans. They're sensitive little buggers.

--------------------

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3774221 - 02/13/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bob figures he will just do the transfer thing to another dry rubbermaid with a heatbomb in it.

--------------------

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#3774267 - 02/13/05 01:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

tell bob to keep me updarted with the progress through it all. my friend Jim is interested

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineVALIS
 User Gallery

#3774616 - 02/13/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ymhrswrider said:
Bob figures he will just do the transfer thing to another dry rubbermaid with a heatbomb in it.

That odda do tha trick. Good idea w/ the heatbomb.

He may want to be extra careful though if he's gonna be moving them like that, I've seen reports of people loosing their pan. cyan. casings after a single flush or two because of mold enchroachment. Just a heads-up... they'll probably be fine.

Can't wait to see how things "pan" out! <grin>

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck