Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

Oahu Hunters
    #3767858 - 02/11/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all, This is my first post, and I am wondering if any of you are mushroom hunters currently living on Oahu, Hawaii. If so, did anyone have success finding Copes after last weeks rain? It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so I'm planning a Sunday trip to the Windward coast and/or North Shore to hunt. This will be my first try on this island, so it'll most likely be just trying to find friendly fields. Wish me luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: bunnyjon]
    #3767905 - 02/11/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hey- and Welcome to the Shroomery!  i wish you mucho luck in search of the infamous Blue Meanies- damn those funguyz are PoTenT  :mushroom2:

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: cube428]
    #3768070 - 02/11/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Stranger, Which Cope species is "Blue Meanies" slang for? Thanks.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3768251 - 02/11/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hey,  your confusing me here  :eek:... Cope Is the species i think.. lol- Copelandia Cyans (blue meanies).. which is what your looking for in Hawaii.. right?

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

#3768986 - 02/11/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Duh! Your right. I've never hunted for copes before, so I get the slangs messed up. There are actually three or four cope species here on Oahu, and Blue Meanies are the most abundant I'm told. But I've never seen any cope in the wild, so I'll be posting pics and descriptions if I find any before the wet season ends in a couple months.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3771612 - 02/12/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ohh Ok- thats kool- I forget that Hawaii has more than one species of them so my bad on that.  Here are a couple of the many pix Ive taken of copes in their natural habitat here in Central TX

truly a beautiful and remarkable species

I hope to see some of your pics before the rainy season ends over there!!  :mushroom2:

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #3772071 - 02/12/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have been wanting to try Copenlandia cyanesens for a couple years now. Maybe this year will be the year of the blue meanies.
I hear they are much more potent then cubensis and have a differant style trip.

One day I will try these fungis.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: jtseaweed]
    #3773620 - 02/13/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sup Weed-  I havent seen you post in awhile glad to see you around the boards.  Haha  I certainly hope its the year of the blue Meanies!!  I just cant believe you havent found them yet being so much closer to the coast than I am!  I can remember a few of your niice cube harvest postings back in the dayyand it just baffles me that there werent any Meanies amongst them.

This past season (Sept-Dec) I actually found more copes than cubes which I couldnt believe, But gladlyy Accepted!! 

Umm, yes- They are def a different style trip than cubes (Ive found the copez to be more of a confusing, somewhat paranoid, heavy body load -  Compared to the more visual Cubes)  I dunno if anyone can agree with me on this but thats just my opinion from my past experiences..

Yeaa they are more potent by Weight without a doubt  :mushroom2:

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

#3774379 - 02/13/05 01:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

On my first Oahu hunt, no copes or any mushrooms, but I found two good spots, one on the North Shore, where it has not rained in a week, and another where it rained a lot the night before I went hunting. Lots of cow pies, but nothing else.

But today is nice and sunny. Should I got back tonight? Is 24 hours long enough to go back to the same field given that the conditions are very good? (Yes, I have read the hunting FAQs, but I am a newbie questing for knowledge :wink:

Also, those cope pics are great. Thanks. But do copes usually like tall grass like that rather than pies in mostly flattened fields?

Also, can mushrooms be localized in one part of a field, even if other parts have lots o pies, but no mushrooms?

Thanks for all the tips.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3774510 - 02/13/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Should I got back tonight? Is 24 hours long enough to go back to the same field given that the conditions are very good?

I would wait for a day or two, or check a different place.

But do copes usually like tall grass like that rather than pies in mostly flattened fields?

Yes. Tall grass increases humidity which the mushrooms need, and it shades them from the sun.

Also, can mushrooms be localized in one part of a field, even if other parts have lots o pies, but no mushrooms?

Yes again; check different parts of the field. There are usually several micro-climates within a single field, and not all are good for mushroom growth.

OfflineAtma
100% Organic

Loc: All Natural
Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: shroomydan]
    #3774548 - 02/13/05 02:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

cube, those are great Cope photos. Thanks for sharing  :thumbup:

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: Atma]
    #3779421 - 02/14/05 04:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thank you Guys for the complimants-- I think its soo awesome at how their appearance and characteristics can vary from cope to cope... And from field to field-- Some being kinda halfway cube lookalikes and some being more antillarum looking- and some that just look weird and wavey like those In the nightshot-

OfflineJoops
Stranger
    #3781866 - 02/15/05 01:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you need to go to the **specific location removed** ranch or the **specific location removed** livestock farm. check PM

aloha

Edited by shroomydan (02/15/05 06:46 AM)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: Joops]
    #3782398 - 02/15/05 06:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

id4rox,

Your post is a violation of the rules.

Quote:

1. No requesting or revealing specific locations.

Locations NOT allowed: Business names, shopping centers, when specific directions are given to a location, any place with an address.

This is an official warning.

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: shroomydan]
    #3783776 - 02/15/05 02:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Stranger, sorry you got in trouble with the mods.
I think I have been to both of those places you suggested.
I went to one well known ranch on the winward side, and found a little
pasture that was accessible, but no copes I'm sad to say.
I'm waiting for it to rain on the North Shore to try the livestock location. I hope I have some luck before the rainy season ends and the temps start to rise.

OfflineJoops
Stranger
    #3787904 - 02/16/05 02:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No worries, they grow year round here. Did you check an old abandoned jail (is that allowed) way north near sunset and hale ewa? supposed to be a good place. that will be my next check. if weather is good this weekend I am going to work my way around the well known ranch and take a look (a local gave me really good tips where to look last time i was there) then proceed to an old abandoned jail further up.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3788431 - 02/16/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you get my book you can find many locations for shrooms in Hawaii. Adn no they do not grow all year round. During the hot summer months a they are not there, and during the colder weather they are also scarce. The cattle are constanly moved from paddock to paddock so where they are can be different from month to month, especially since the manure takes five to six weeks to decompose, although once in a while you might actually find a fresh cow pie with shrooms in it because the mycelia was growing while in the stomach of the cow. Then when the shit dropped the shrooms appeared the next day.

And there ae three common species of Copelandia int he hawaiian Islands. That would be Copelandia cyanescens, C. cambodgeniensis and C. bispora. C. anomala and C. tropicalis are very rare in the islands. In fact, I only collected one collection of C. tropicalis in an 11 study of shrooms in the islands.

mj

Offlinebunnyjon
Monster Bunny
 User Gallery

Re: Oahu Hunters [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3789274 - 02/16/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have not heard of the old jail on the North Shore. Which beach is it closest to? (park and town names are OK). I went to the North Shore last weekend and it seemed very dry. I looked in field real close to sunset beach(I think), pritty far North, at the livestock farm with a beach access road going through the middle. Anyhoot, no little fellows then.
But maybe this weekend :smile: Maybe I'll see you out there (though I suppose I won't know who you are). Good luck!

OfflineJoops
Stranger
    #3791564 - 02/17/05 02:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Bunnyjon, check your PM's here!

MJS, glad to see your posts! You have a wealth of great information in your website and publishings! Do you still reside in the islands?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3792412 - 02/17/05 08:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

NO I now live in the PNW of the mainland.

There are also a few articles posted here at this site on hawaiian shrooms.

mj

Good luck and look out for the locals ont he ranches. They love to chase people with their dobermans.

HEre is a picture from a noted ranch on Oahu which kinda is like a warning which says do not go y beyond this point.

When i first saw this tree, I could smell a beautiful scent of green flowing through the air towards me where I was standing. IT was definitely that green many of us like. Of course I did not venture past the teree.

There are pig traps set on the windward side of Oahu on some of the ranches both near Kanaeohe and on the North Shore. That is pits with spiked sticks in them to catch pigs for Kailua Pork dinners and luaus.

Mj

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck