Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Sinbad]
    #3767649 - 02/11/05 05:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You said that you are in a state of 'no fear', then how is it that enlightenment is a scary place if its beyond fear? Seems suspicious to me, are you sure that you not just fooling yourself again?

it was scary at first, not any more, scary in the process. but peaceful afterwards, the storm before the calm if you will.

Sounds like your on a love and light trip, maybe if you observe your mind a little you'll discover that you arent enligtened at all, just heavily deluded.

life is a trip, as is birth, as is death, as is birth of the ego, as is death of it, i have no mind, if having no mind is insane, i am there, yes, i am insane.

Check your experiences, becuase enlightenment is a highly personal thing and not even the enlightened profess to having aachieved enlightenment.

enlightement is not the word to use than, all i can do is be crazy, like speaking in tongues, shouting like a mad man, but i'm not mad, the lord understands me, i'm just expressing my self the best i can to tell you my testimony.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3767651 - 02/11/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
You reached enlightenment??? You are indulging your ego.

no ego, i am not alive, not to this world, my ego is dead to the world.

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: sox24]
    #3767659 - 02/11/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sox24 said:
Perhaps he just means that his mind for a time was in tune to the cosmic consciousness.  He dug a little deaper into himself, and found out the way it always is.  If he wasn't on here saying he was enlightened then there would be reason for alarm.  He's just trying to share an experience.

that's a good way to put it, maybe enlightentment is not the right word for me to use. but if you could find a word that means the exact same thing, than i am there.

:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3767664 - 02/11/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sinbad said:
Who knows what he means, but an experience of cosmic conciousness is just an experience. Not even the Dalai Lama claims to be enlightened.

that's why is so annoying trying to express myself to you all, there is no words for how i feel, i wish you could be here with me...someday I pray you will.

--------------------

Edited by JCoke (02/11/05 07:12 PM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3767680 - 02/11/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I agree with any suggestion that he just tapped into a place, like being on a love light trip, but like the others said, as wonderful as they are, we don't stay in them for long. It's easy to think you will be when in them but we come back down.

At least when we come down, each time we take a bit with us and some day, the more we can tap in and hold onto that beautiful place for as long as we can, it will slowly manifest itself in the down place and the down comes up a bit..ascension through incension.

Like jell said, enjoy them while they lasts and bring down what you can with you and know it will come again.

What I find interesting is why moments, days and weeks of reaching that temporary state make people want to leave the board. They always come back when they come down. I wonder if its because when you are there, its such a being place and there isn't much to talk about.

When I am there, I like to share that energy with others and just infuse as much as I can with that good love light stuff. I still haven't figured out how to keep from crashing after the natural high.

Sinbad,
what does it have to do with being delusional? What is so delusional about moments of great clarity because light is everywhere and feeling tremendous amounts of universal love? I always thought that was the greater truer reality and this illusion where it barely exists is the delusion we live in.

maybe it's best i do just lay down on the sidewalk like the guy in the video, me thinks. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3767683 - 02/11/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

InnerBeing said:
Last time I professed my enlightenment I was put in a mental hospital for two weeks.  No sane person would profess such a thing.

^^^good advice right there.

again, maybe i should just lay down like that guy in the video.  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: JCoke]
    #3767688 - 02/11/05 05:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you are indeed enlightened, then there is no need to convice others of this fact.

No testemony is required as your sole purpose for doing anything on this planet should be to benefit others, as an enlightened being you should at least embody that quality, otherwise your just playing another ego game.

Being insane can be mistaken for enlightenment, so be careful not to fall into this trap. If you are experiencing enlightenement then you have'nt attained it yet, as it is beyond the dualism of subject and object. Or so my teachers have taught me!

So far none of what you have said can hold any benefit, if you are indded enlightened, why not give us some teaching that might help in our struggles.

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3767691 - 02/11/05 05:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
True. "Enlightenment" is NOT a Christian concept.

i am not christian in the sence you think what the word "christian" means.

i am christian if by christian you mean God in christ and christ in me.

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Clark]
    #3767697 - 02/11/05 05:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Clark said:
Quote:

JCoke said:
I am free, that is the way the lord created me, i'm in faith, perfect holy faith, faith with the lord, yes! enlightment! i am at! only enlightment is not a holy enough word to decribe where i am at, but if you could find a word that means the same thing, i am there.

This entire post reads like a cheesy Christian attempt to hijack Buddhist lingo. Let it go. The days when Christianity had a tyrannical stranglehold on Western thought are gone, gone, gone, and they're never coming back. It's bad enough you bible beaters stole Easter's Spring festivities from the pagans. Quit dorking with things you don't understand.

to each his own.

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3767709 - 02/11/05 05:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilocyberin said:
IMO, I dont think enlightenment can be expressed using the word "I" and "me" as many times as was used.

lol

maybe your right.

i guess enlightenment is not the right word.

find me a word that means what i am at, and that's it.

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3767716 - 02/11/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sinbad said:
If you are indeed enlightened, then there is no need to convice others of this fact.

No testemony is required as your sole purpose for doing anything on this planet should be to benefit others, as an enlightened being you should at least embody that quality, otherwise your just playing another ego game.

Being insane can be mistaken for enlightenment, so be careful not to fall into this trap. If you are experiencing enlightenement then you have'nt attained it yet, as it is beyond the dualism of subject and object. Or so my teachers have taught me!

So far none of what you have said can hold any benefit, if you are indded enlightened, why not give us some teaching that might help in our struggles.

i'm not doing this to convince you.

as for as advice, faith is all you need, nothing more, nothing less.

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3767717 - 02/11/05 05:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

deleted.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3768076 - 02/11/05 06:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think the guy in the Radiohead video was enlightened.

I think he was probably the opposite, if there's such a thing. he had no reason to do anything, not even kill himself. if he were 'enlightened', whatever the hell that means, he would do something, anything, everything.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3768212 - 02/11/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
I don't think the guy in the Radiohead video was enlightened.

I think he was probably the opposite, if there's such a thing. he had no reason to do anything, not even kill himself. if he were 'enlightened', whatever the hell that means, he would do something, anything, everything.

was'nt he doing something by laying down?

oh well, you know what i meant when i refrenced the video, right? that's good enough.

but that's a good point, thanks for pointing that out, i am doing everything i could however, so everything's great.  :smirk: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3769014 - 02/11/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it is of course, only the classic mystical literature calls it 'Illumination,' and the Bible refers to it by its moral aspect as 'sanctification.' Also:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened..." -Ephesians 1:17-18

Hebrews 6:1-6 also mentions "those who were once enlightened." It is always about being enlightened - the difference is the Name of the Source.

"For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness."
- Psalm 18:28

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3769038 - 02/11/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

en light en..

somehow, someway, something, that just sounds to me, bring light, to, in light, in, you..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3769161 - 02/11/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I stand corrected, but my opinion on rather true enlightenment exists still stands. Anyone who would declare themselves enlightened has missed the point.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Gomp]
    #3769236 - 02/11/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
en light en..

somehow, someway, something, that just sounds to me, bring light, to, in light, in, you..

Yes, and does it ever stop coming in? Every time you think a new thought, you bring in more light.

We can say we are in the process of enlightening ourselves to new things once "dark/unknown" to us every day but, is there a final place of having thought every thought there ever was, is and yet will be?

What happens when new thought ceases? The moment you become aware you are not thinking a new thought, you are thinking a new thought again in that awareness. In this light, enlightenment as a finality is the equivalent of being in the vegetible state and you wouldn't even know you were there.

I know the poster was looking for a word that better describes his feelings thoughts and experience. The closest I can come to finding more accurate wording for it is being in a state of epiphany.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3769250 - 02/11/05 11:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed.

All I'll ever concede is that I am more enlightened than I used to be when I was young and dumb, lewd, crude and rude, and materialistic to boot. Even if I am more enlightened than the next guy, it's not for me to say, and it is just a moment-to-moment comparison anyway. As soon as one proclaims it, it ceases to be, and only ego remains.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3769296 - 02/11/05 11:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

en light, en ment...

in light, in ment.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (02/11/05 11:27 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order