Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyersodum
Stranger
Loc: yer moms house
my oven bag tek
    #376696 - 08/22/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

has anyone really tried this shit...ive heard alot of people talk about it...but i havent heard anyone post results. im doin this shit tomarrow...so ill keep you up dated...im fully prepared for failure, but who knows, i might discover something. anyways heres my tek, its basicly 3ms easy grain, only using supplies i can get my hands on.

supplies:
rye grain...lots of it
water
oven bags
tape
polyfill batting
wire
beer

heres what im doin....1 boiling rye for an hr or two to achieve a good moisture level and pre-sterilize it. 2 draining the excess water and pouring some grain into each bag, while still hot. 3 rolling up a strip of batting and putting in the mouth of the bag 4 wrapping tape tightly around the mouth of the bag to compress the polyfill and hold it in place...5 putting a piece of wire in thru the polyfill tot he bottom of the bag to hold it upright. 6 boiling that shit again for a long as time...how long i boil depends how much time i have, atlesat another hr and half. i have no pressure cooker, but i want that shit as sterile as i possibly can get it. now is when l drink the beer, because watching grain boil is some boring ass shit 7 wait for bags to cool, inocculate, set in a warm dark place. 8 spawn some straw.

my only concerns are A exploding or melting bags...they are made to handle 400 degrees, which should be plenty of heat...but it still bothers me because they are not made to be autoclaved. B inadequate sterilization due to lack of a pressure cooker and C exploding rye kernels making a gooey mess inside my bags.

anyone try this before??
anyone got any tips?
if this shit works ill be very happy, because all these things can be found at a grocery store, and it would eliminate the need to order sterilization bags, or buy a pressure cooker (which i will do, when im not broke) plus it will make it easier for newcomers to make some grain. pray for me. -ljm

--------------------
eat a dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhat_Guy
"Forget ME Not"

Re: my oven bag tek [Re: yersodum]
    #376728 - 08/22/01 09:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck 'buddy

Scooby!! Scooby!!! Doo!!!!!
"Don't be alone,order from these folks"
www.sporeworks.com
www.geocities.com/micronmagick/
www.myco-tek.com
www.lilshopofspores.com/

--------------------
Shroom tea got me all fryed up

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

InvisibleNDK
Re: my oven bag tek [Re: What_Guy]
    #376903 - 08/23/01 04:50 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think you'll need good luck. Rye is notoriously difficult to sterilise without a pressure cooker. If you boil it first for 2 hours you will split all the grains and they'll stick together, get all gunky and then contaminate. I should know!

If you don't want to go PF then you'd be far better using jars and birdseed or just the 9er tek. 2nd hand pressure cookers from the local paper are really cheap anyway.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags