Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
My Diagnosis.
    #3766253 - 02/11/05 12:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have been seeking help for my mental disorders for 4 years now. I believe i have finally found help for my issues. I think I have found doctors that actually listened to me and made a actual diagnosis.

I have been diagnosed with:

296.32 Major Depression, 300.23 Social Phobia, 303.90 Alcohol Dependence, 296.62 Bipolar, 300.3 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Its really a strange feeling, I'm aware I have all these issues now. I feel scared and happy at the same time. I'm scared cause I know how long I have felt completely empty, almost dead, asking for death and how hard over the last four years I have tried to find answers. It just seems like its a never ending battle. I'm also scared that I may not be able to fix the issues I have.

But I also feel like something is different, maybe now is when it starts getting better... I hope it is :crazy:

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

Edited by Fungi_x (02/11/05 02:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: Fungi_x]
    #3766370 - 02/11/05 01:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like things can only get better  :smile: , its quite rare for people with biploar problems to admit that they have them. My mother is one such example who has been in denial for a very long time. Im sure things will improve for you now you know what issues you have and are seeking to resolve them. Their is no need for fear as when awareness is present  things can only improve. I wish you good luck and hope that you have a full recovery soon.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: Sinbad]
    #3766816 - 02/11/05 03:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

always get a second opinion man.
I am a post traumatic stress disorder/gad/ocd patient so I know exactly what it is you are going through. It feels weird to be diagnossed....do you agree with your diagnosis?

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
    #3766955 - 02/11/05 04:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You're not alone, man. I have been (self-diagnosed) as alcoholic. And either from all the years of my HEAVY alcohol consumption, or just a dormant mental disorder has that arisen, I now know what's really going on.

I suffer from Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic-Stress Syndrome, Social Phobia AND depression, although mine isn't bi-polar.

Long term use of heavy alcohol consumption affects your brain chemistry. Namely, your serotonin, dopamine and GABA neurotransmitters. And these effects can last 1-3 years after cessation of alcohol use.

I wish you the best...ALL of us have a screw loose somewhere, somehow. I felt good when I was finally diagnosed. It was like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. Now I know that there are therapies and/or medications that can get me through all this... And just remember, nothing is permanent... You'll eventually get over this. Ciao

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: crazyman]
    #3767076 - 02/11/05 04:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

welll....if you need any feedback on meds...I have been on most of them...shoot me a PM sometime if you need to talk about it.
A pretty good forum for this is www.depressionforums.com

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3768826 - 02/11/05 11:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I hate diagnosis' for mental issues.  How can they really be proven accurate?  How do we know that these are just simply labels that deem a certain personality type as "inept"?

:frown:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: Society]
    #3768893 - 02/11/05 11:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How do you know we really landed on the moon???

Mental diagnosis' are not meant to be "labels that deem a certain personality type as "inept"?" as you put it. But rather to let the person live life and do what's necessary to survive and be happy in this world.... When they diagnose me with something, and I also get a second opinion, then I do what the doc says. I'm not GOD.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: crazyman]
    #3770447 - 02/12/05 11:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I get that, but it only seems that doctors are extremely quick to slap diagnosises on people who act/say the feel different. Medicine prescription ensues.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Re: My Diagnosis. [Re: Society]
    #3772091 - 02/12/05 09:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

This is true. I must say that most doctors are dumb as shit....Yeah, they can do a double-bi-pass heart surgery-no problem....But when it comes down to "us lowly people" trying to find a solution to a mental disorder- They have NO experience and will often times mis-prescribe or over prescribe certain medications.... I believe they mean well but just are not qualified or understand mental disorders. Kinda like a pediatrician trying to help, (w/meds.), a senior citizen with psoriasis.

--------------------

Edited by crazyman (02/12/05 09:41 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3772192 - 02/12/05 10:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry to hear about that. I wish you a speedy recovery too. I do have a sneaking suspicion that giving up the alcohol would improve your other problems....

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3772448 - 02/13/05 01:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Herbs.

Yes....herbs.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3772450 - 02/13/05 01:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i remember having OCD as a kid/teen and not telling anyone because i thought they would think i was crazy or some shit. it sucked. it mostly went away as i got older. it's not 100% gone, but mostly.

i hope everything goes well for you man. it sucks when things upstairs just don't seem to work right and sometimes it feels like there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. it's very frustrating. just hang in there and i'm sure things will improve :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3773209 - 02/13/05 06:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think having a diagnosis can be helpful for recovery.  But be careful not to identify yourself *as* your diagnosis, which is what happened to me with mine.  I eventually had to just start from scratch and throw everything a doctor ever told me out the window because I started using my diagnosis' as a unhealthy way of staying sick.  I "became" my diagnosis', and refused to get better because I thought if I lost the diagnosis' I would lose a part of myself.  Very unhealthy.

I'm glad you found an explanation that offers you some relief!  Just avoid the pitfalls I mentioned. 

Good luck :heart:

OfflineLooksLikeRain
Hood

Loc: NE
    #3774692 - 02/13/05 05:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fungi_x said:
I have been seeking help for my mental disorders for 4 years now. I believe i have finally found help for my issues. I think I have found doctors that actually listened to me and made a actual diagnosis.

I have been diagnosed with:

296.32 Major Depression, 300.23 Social Phobia, 303.90 Alcohol Dependence, 296.62 Bipolar, 300.3 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Its really a strange feeling, I'm aware I have all these issues now. I feel scared and happy at the same time. I'm scared cause I know how long I have felt completely empty, almost dead, asking for death and how hard over the last four years I have tried to find answers. It just seems like its a never ending battle. I'm also scared that I may not be able to fix the issues I have.

But I also feel like something is different, maybe now is when it starts getting better... I hope it is :crazy:

I hope things get better for you man i really do.

I have a question, do you still take pshycedelics ?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being