Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!!
    #3765892 - 02/11/05 08:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I want be coming here very much, only if the lord leads me here will I be back.

enlightment is a scary place, it hards to get used to, but once your there, you never want to leave, i am at peace, no fear, one with the world, i thought i was before, but i was'nt, i am there now, i was only fooling myself before, how do I know i'm there now? the lord told me i am, and as it is written in the word, the word of God is forever, so it is written.

I am free, that is the way the lord created me, i'm in faith, perfect holy faith, faith with the lord, yes! enlightment! i am at! only enlightment is not a holy enough word to decribe where i am at, but if you could find a word that means the same thing, i am there.

there is a music video by the band Radiohead, the song i believe was called "Just", in it, everything is done with subtitles at the bottom of the screen, a man lays down on the sidewalk for what seems like no reason at all, just simply laying there, everyone sorrounds him saying "why are you laying here?", "are you hurt?" they asked, the man says "no, just leave me here." "well why are you just laying here?" they asked, the says "you don't want to know", the police come, tho docters come, the therapist come, the young come, the old come, and everyone in between comes, the rich come, the poor come, the stupid come, the wise come, everyone comes, the people, all of them beg him "yes we do! please for the love of God tell us!", the man say "alright..." than the subtitles disappear, but you still see his mouth move, next thing you know, everyone is laying down with him, instanly they were enlightend, that is what enlightment is like.

my mind shattered, i have to pick it all back up and put back together, but i can't by myself, i need help, and the only one that can help is the lord, for I have finally been enlighted.

there's a song called ooh la la by the band "the faces", one of the verse goes, "you have to learn just like me, and that's the hardest way", that is what i am at, the chorus goes, "I wish that i knew what i know now, when i was younger, i wish that i knew know, when i was stronger." that is what i am at, truely, like it is written, Jesus was right when he said "blessed are those who have'nt seen, and yet still believe".

there's a buddhist story, read it here, that is what i am at.

in the movie Forest Gump, when that army guy jumps off the boat and swims in the ocean laughing like a mad man, and just drifts away, that is what i am at, and forest says "i think he was finally at peace with God", he was right.

read this:
Jesus the Way to the Father
5Thomas said to him, ?Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way??
6Jesus answered, ?I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.?

8Philip said, ?Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.?

9Jesus answered: ?Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ?Show us the Father?? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

that is how know.

faith. that is it, nothing more, nothing less, it is all you need for enternal life.

read this:

The Jews Continue in Their Unbelief
37Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. 38This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: ?Lord, who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed??[g]
39For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere: 40?He has blinded their eyes
and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes,
nor understand with their hearts,
nor turn?and I would heal them.?[h] 41Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

42Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

44Then Jesus cried out, ?When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. 46I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

47?As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. 49For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. 50I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.?

Read this here that is what i am at, i once was blind and now i see, and that is all i know.

i used to wonder, how come i feel a strange fear when i want to talk about how pretty the sunset is? the stars? the moon? life, my freinds, everything and everyone? i know longer fear that, i am at peace. the darkness is gone, for the lord revealed it to me. the light he revealed to me.

thank you all. i'm not sure if 'm gonna be coming back anymore, i think i'm done here. if the lord lead me i will, if you need help here, i will if that is what i'm called to, but will see, time will tell. thank you for reading. you are blessed for hearing my testimony.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: JCoke]
    #3765913 - 02/11/05 08:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

deleted

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (02/11/05 05:36 PM)

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3765925 - 02/11/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You said that you are in a state of 'no fear', then how is it that enlightenment is a scary place if its beyond fear? Seems suspicious to me, are you sure that you not just fooling yourself again?

Sounds like your on a love and light trip, maybe if you observe your mind a little you'll discover that you arent enligtened at all, just heavily deluded.

Check your experiences, becuase enlightenment is a highly personal thing and not even the enlightened profess to having aachieved enlightenment.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3765929 - 02/11/05 08:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You reached enlightenment??? You are indulging your ego.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3766219 - 02/11/05 10:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

> I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!!

Doh, there it went! Knowing the path isn't walking the path.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #3766340 - 02/11/05 11:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The moment you look down and realize where you are is the moment you start to fall.

Just like the cartoons.. :lol:
Enjoy it while it lasts.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Jellric]
    #3766433 - 02/11/05 11:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Perhaps he just means that his mind for a time was in tune to the cosmic consciousness. He dug a little deaper into himself, and found out the way it always is. If he wasn't on here saying he was enlightened then there would be reason for alarm. He's just trying to share an experience.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: sox24]
    #3766520 - 02/11/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Who knows what he means, but an experience of cosmic conciousness is just an experience. Not even the Dalai Lama claims to be enlightened.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: sox24]
    #3766636 - 02/11/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with any suggestion that he just tapped into a place, like being on a love light trip, but like the others said, as wonderful as they are, we don't stay in them for long. It's easy to think you will be when in them but we come back down.

At least when we come down, each time we take a bit with us and some day, the more we can tap in and hold onto that beautiful place for as long as we can, it will slowly manifest itself in the down place and the down comes up a bit..ascension through incension.

Like jell said, enjoy them while they lasts and bring down what you can with you and know it will come again.

What I find interesting is why moments, days and weeks of reaching that temporary state make people want to leave the board. They always come back when they come down. I wonder if its because when you are there, its such a being place and there isn't much to talk about.

When I am there, I like to share that energy with others and just infuse as much as I can with that good love light stuff. I still haven't figured out how to keep from crashing after the natural high.

Sinbad,
what does it have to do with being delusional? What is so delusional about moments of great clarity because light is everywhere and feeling tremendous amounts of universal love? I always thought that was the greater truer reality and this illusion where it barely exists is the delusion we live in.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3766825 - 02/11/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Last time I professed my enlightenment I was put in a mental hospital for two weeks. No sane person would profess such a thing.

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3766834 - 02/11/05 01:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I did it once. I later realized that I had only taken about a dozen hits of LSD...it wore off.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

#3767005 - 02/11/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
I am free, that is the way the lord created me, i'm in faith, perfect holy faith, faith with the lord, yes! enlightment! i am at! only enlightment is not a holy enough word to decribe where i am at, but if you could find a word that means the same thing, i am there.

This entire post reads like a cheesy Christian attempt to hijack Buddhist lingo. Let it go. The days when Christianity had a tyrannical stranglehold on Western thought are gone, gone, gone, and they're never coming back. It's bad enough you bible beaters stole Easter's Spring festivities from the pagans. Quit dorking with things you don't understand.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Clark]
    #3767019 - 02/11/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

True. "Enlightenment" is NOT a Christian concept.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3767229 - 02/11/05 03:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes i agree, to profess enlightenment is the greatest of dellusions.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3767289 - 02/11/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

InnerBeing said:
Last time I professed my enlightenment I was put in a mental hospital for two weeks. No sane person would profess such a thing.

Professing enlightenment is funny to me and I don't do it. I am still not even sure what it means. Life to me is a continuum of shedding light on to dark places and there always will be dark unknown places in our awarness and I can't see how ANYONE can think they are at a place of knowing it all for all of time to come. The closest you can come is realising how much we don't know.

I think we can become enlightened about some things as we become more aware of them and come to experienctially understand them, but the whole enchalada? hahahahahaha thats just funny! I'm humored when people claim to be 'enlightened".

Yes, there are a lot of people locked up on meds for thinking they are self realised omnipotent and omnipresent beings. I have no idea what is going on in a galaxy 1 billion light years away. I am far from being omni present and I can't fly yet so I'm not even close to omni potency either.

If someone can answer all of my why, where when and how to questions to my satisfaction, I may consider considering such a claim. Until then, I think its just "cute" of people in the way it self humors me.

Let them eat enlightened cake!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/11/05 03:37 PM)

Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3767395 - 02/11/05 03:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

enlightenment is definitely good... but you cannot stay there.
I mean I dont even see enlightenment as a goal you can reach...its more of something you gather there is no MAXIMUM enlightenment its infinite you can be enlighted all day. that's great. I believe that to be truly enlighted means to be dead! Probably not even then!

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Sinbad]
    #3767418 - 02/11/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A delusion is exactly what it is

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: spidercid]
    #3767437 - 02/11/05 04:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A dellusion is a misunderstanding of what is. You could say that anything is exactly what it is, but that isnt very helpful.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: Sinbad]
    #3767592 - 02/11/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

IMO, I dont think enlightenment can be expressed using the word "I" and "me" as many times as was used.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: I did it...! i finally reach enlightenment!!! [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3767606 - 02/11/05 05:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Precisely  :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder