Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLizard_King
Twisted from theother side ofDeath
Male
Loc: Vansterdam
Re: What is Evil? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3764824 - 02/11/05 12:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Evil is just a word. It describes reality subjectivity, it however has no reality outside this. There are no evil actions, events, people, et al, there are only those things la belled as such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: What is Evil? [Re: Lizard_King]
    #3764940 - 02/11/05 12:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i think evil is a choice.
u can either choose to do the right thing, make some kind of compromise or simply sacrifice everything in order to act only on desire. when a person decides to do things to make his concience stop getting in the way of his desires* i would call that an act of evil.

* take a look at this:
http://www.infowars.com/bg1.html
theres a club where corporate fatcats go to to participate in
a cermony (one of meny) called "the cremation of care"...

these peaple are 'cremating' their sense of morality in order to
do their dirty deeds that keep them rich...
(and whateverthehell else goes on in there)

this is what i would call an act of 'evil'...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What is Evil? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3764982 - 02/11/05 12:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Evil is like a hole in a shirt. In itself the hole does not exist; it can only exist within the being of the shirt. Evil is like a hole; it can only exist within some good thing.

Let's start a fund to get ShroomyDan a new shirt. Maybe one of those plaid, lumberjack, flannel ones.  :thumbup:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What is Evil? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3765009 - 02/11/05 01:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bottom line on evil:

Evil is something someone else does, never what he observer does as he ALWAYS has an internally valid reason.

Everyone should really try to grasp this.

--------------------

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #3765057 - 02/11/05 01:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i know what u mean but im afraid it is not correct.
this is the rule yes, but there are exceptions.

the peaple illustrated in the link above
have no illusions of being richtious. else they would not need to cremate their moral concience...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: What is Evil? [Re: Swami]
    #3765063 - 02/11/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Can one not acknowledge past evil-doing?

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: What is Evil? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3765086 - 02/11/05 01:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the peaple illustrated in the link above
have no illusions of being richtious.

whether or not they think they're righteous, they do think they're acting in the best interest of what's most important to them, which is all any of us can do.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#3765095 - 02/11/05 01:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what is evil?
live spelled backwards

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What is Evil? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3765116 - 02/11/05 01:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Can one not acknowledge past evil-doing?

That is irrelevant. What was going through your mind AT THE TIME when you did an allegedly evil act?

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: What is Evil? [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3765298 - 02/11/05 02:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
I know my explanation is likely quite flawed but its the best I can explain.

A difference of opinion is never a flaw, that said, I do not see indifference....  :smile:  Besides the people that truly do have Evil intentions, the fundemental morals seem pretty simple....  A lot of the bullshit fineprint seem to be riddled with "self serving" loopholes within the laws themselves, some served as an invitation for exploit....    It is evil that stands in the middle of opposition, and man cleverly (blindly) waste time writing more and more fine print for more and more people to look for ways to exploit those newly written fineprint loopholes....  It is the evil that causes struggle, and seperates us from unity as a species....  Eeeehhh...?

Simplicity....  DaMMiT, there is something to be said for it.....    :tongue:

It *would* be somewhat comforting to think that if we could all collectively, at one moment in time ( :smirk: ), we could all CHOOSE to FEAST upon the evil in the world all in one meal - as vile as it might well be - I would eat my fill....  I could also stand in confidence that based on any of my current or past intentions, I know that I would not be eaten myself....    I am thinking that Evil prolly~ doesn't taste as wonderful as a warm "home cooked" meal, and would prolly~ not settle well....  I would suffer, and "stay the coarse"....    (No pun....)

In the stories I was taught as a child, It would seem as that Evil first came to man as a deception with Evil intentions....  I think even belief and faith *MAY* transend from within the depths of our inherent genetic code.....  Perhaps...?  Naaaaa, I must be reflecting upon MY past.....   

I was just thinking....  (YAY...!!!  Like I need more of THAT....!)    :lol:   
SHUT THIS FUGGIN GUY UP ALREADY....!!!!!!!!    :eek:
Yeah, I know, I will prolly~ never shut up....    :shrug:  :lol:
Anyway....  ***AHHHEEEMMM***....

OK, I was just thinking....  So you got Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden standing by the tree....    Symbolically, they ate an apple, but the evil that they actually chose to eat upon seemed to serve a cancer within mankind itself....  If this basic "knowledge" of how Evil Actually did begin is true, there should be a way to rid ourselves from this eternal cancer for good....    Eeehhh?    I made a thread a while back about cancer....  (GO FIGURE...?  :shocked: )  Cancer is kind of evil....  Kind of....?  OK, CANCER IS EVIL....  (Honorable mention for "Jacko" and ":evil:Ewoks"...?)  Even symbolically, Cancer is but of yourself....  It is you with the Ultimate of negative Evil influences growing and running rampid, sometimes without even cause....  This may sound disguisting to you, but if I had cancer, I would very purposely get a piece of that very cancer and eat it....  Symbolically, I would feel just in doing so....  To feast upon the unwelcome evil growing inside me would serve to make me grow stronger in (spirit?) a symbolic way.... 

If it all worked like this, and it was that simple, It *seems* like eating evil for the intensions of using it's energy to not "cause evil", would bring us back to a Garden of Eden 2005, where we collectively banished evil from the garden from whence it came....  Ridding my body forever, and leaving a nice ripe shit of digested apple and lifeless cancer under that tree for the evil to choke in....  Call it a token of what I have tasted, and CHOOSE to live without.... 

Well, anyway....  Those were the words I chose tonight, right now....  Why....?    I dunno~.....  :shrug:  If there was no evil, it sure would make trust a lot easier....  All the worries of the world would be gone if we ALL were able to trust one another....    "In a perfect world"....  and yet I know these are just my thoughts or perspectives....  Individualism is a bitch....!    :grin:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: What is Evil? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3765314 - 02/11/05 02:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, :eek: a lot happened to this thread while I was writing.....  :lol:  Oh well....  :tongue:

Time to catch up....  :tongue2:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: What is Evil? [Re: Swami]
    #3765421 - 02/11/05 02:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Bottom line on evil:

Evil is something someone else does, never what he (the*?) observer does as he ALWAYS has an internally valid reason.

Everyone should really try to grasp this.

Is inherent lack of trust for a stranger's intensions a good enough reason to "internally validate reason" within an "observer"....?

Would evil be the "fingerpointing" to the irrelevent to cause a distraction...? It depends on if you seek truth, I guess....?

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3765429 - 02/11/05 03:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Evil exists knowhere but in the mind of the individual percieving it.

--------------------

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
Re: What is Evil? [Re: Sinbad]
    #3765431 - 02/11/05 03:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hail Sinbad!

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3765522 - 02/11/05 04:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sinbad said:
Evil exists knowhere but in the mind of the individual percieving it.

As you could say the same of trust, or even ehhh....  Well, pretty much everything....?
::::scratching head::::
Seems a nice way to confuse right and wrong with words....  Clever....!    :smirk:

You *may* seem to imply that other's intentions/motives have no boundries within one's individual perception....(?)
So, within the realm of "intention", there is no good or bad.....(?)
Perhaps no evil at all....(?)  (Isn't intensionless (evil) violence with forks cool...!!!! ====>    :fork::shrug:

(I am asking.....)  :sun:  (:lol: Asking someone with the names of "Sin" & "Bad" together in one....)
(Well, at least from my perspective....)  :smirk:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: What is Evil? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3765881 - 02/11/05 08:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

in re: that club where the "fatcats" go...

dr shulgin is a bohemian member, and discusses some of his times at the grove in P or T (IHKAL)...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
& then there's alan watts: the two hands of god [Re: gnrm23]
    #3765887 - 02/11/05 08:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3765890 - 02/11/05 08:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Let me clarify, The true source of evil, the deep root of negativity lies within our own minds, but for this to manifest it usually requires interaction with a cooperative, environmental cause, such as other people or the material world.

You can see from your own life experiences how the environment can effect you. When your amoung peacful, generous, happy people, your inclined to feel happy and peacful yourself. When your amoung angry, agressive people, you tend to become like them. The human mind is like a mirror. A mirror does not discriminate but simply reflects whatever is before it, no matter whether its horrible or wonderful.

Similarly your mind takes on the aspect of your surroundings and if your not aware of what i going on, your mind can fill with garbage.. Therefore it is very important to be concious of your surrondings and how they effect your mind.

Usually we see the sense world - attractive shapes, beautiful colours, nice tastes and so forth- but we dont actually percieve the real, true nature of the shapes, colours and tastes. Thats how most of the time our perception is mistaken. So our mistaken perception processes the information to our mind, which reacts under the influence of the ego. The result of all this is that most of the time we are hallucinating, not seeing the true nature of things, not understanding the reality of even the sense world.

Anyways ive gone a little off track, so ill conclude by saying that the root of all evil actions and intentions is in the mind. You cant recognise what you dont already posses to some degree within your own concioussness .

So really what i stated in my last post is'nt entirley true, but considering the illusory nature of reality, at the same time it is!

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3765955 - 02/11/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Aaahhh, much better....  :smile:    I agree with most everything you said, except one concept....  Please allow me to point out a "flaw" - strictly from "my perspective"....

Quote:

Sinbad said:
You can see from your own life experiences how the environment can effect you. When your amoung peacful, generous, happy people, your inclined to feel happy and peacful yourself. When your amoung angry, agressive people, you tend to become like them. The human mind is like a mirror. A mirror does not discriminate but simply reflects whatever is before it, no matter whether its horrible or wonderful.

This is where our ideas stray just a lil (from perspective of chosen focal point....?)  When you are "among angry people", this is when you hold true unto yourself, and become that image of intensions that reflects off the mirror to effect the others around you in a positive light....  (If that is the way you choose to be....)    It is EASY to go with the flow, no doubt about it....  But, if you are truly a ROCK unto yourself, you CAN indeed change that flow.... 

And then, you can Rock And Roll baby....!    :tongue2:

:sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#3765981 - 02/11/05 09:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Of course but this isn't how most people are, and that's a fact. If you can be in a positive state all the time whilst amongst negative influences, then i salute you, but it requires constant practice to reach a point where your not affected by external influences at all.

This only comes about by either training exclusively in positive actions or tackling the root of all negativity which lies within ones own mind. When you understand you true nature there are no longer such distinctions between positive and negative.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags