Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Open Appology...
    #3764577 - 02/10/05 11:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I appologize for anything I have ever done to anyone here.I meant no harm.I realize I infuriate others here from time to time but its never intentional.As of now I have removed all negative feedback I have given in the past.I realized to even leave a negative general rating is to contribute to all the negativity.I also realize ( in my opinion) it is selfish to give others a bad rap for personal reasons or disagreements or most reasons really.

I have realized that if I expect to encourage others to be more positive I must first make a better example of myself.

I am embracing loving kindness more than ever.From now on Im going to try my hardest to be only positive or constructive as no one needs more negativity than there is already.

Sometimes I let my feeling of justice and right doing become negative out of frustration.I cannot do that anymore.

I hope to see this community become more loving and more positive over time and by changing myself I am one step closer to seeing that.

I hope others follow and cast off negativity as best as possible so that we can work together as a community to preserve our pasttime and lifestyle for our future and for future generations as well as explore new substances and plants together which may open us to a higher level of being.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Open Appology... [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3764710 - 02/10/05 11:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Rock on.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3764835 - 02/11/05 12:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, word up

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: Open Appology... [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3764881 - 02/11/05 12:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i apreciate the intention but i have a different philosophy:

positive and negative are both fully dependant on perception.
morality is a human invention.
i say forget being 'positive'.
be real, be true. when u feel something express that feeling and never be afraid to change.
more then anything though: be practical...
treat others as u want to be treated, because it makes for a better situation. notbecause it happens to fit in a particular moralistic frame....

how does that sound to yall?

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Open Appology... [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3764897 - 02/11/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vertigo6911 said:

positive and negative are both fully dependant on perception.
morality is a human invention.
i say forget being 'positive'.
be real, be true. when u feel something express that feeling and never be afraid to change.
more then anything though: be practical...
treat others as u want to be treated, because it makes for a better situation. notbecause it happens to fit in a particular moralistic frame....

how does that sound to yall?

should masochists treat others as they want to be treated too?

..even if that makes them sadists? :ooo:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3764915 - 02/11/05 12:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that's kinda funny, because evidently you do have a different philosophy. I'm not saying you're wrong or mean or something, just that it's funny. Unenlightened says "I want to be more positive and give people more positivity from now on" and you reply "that isn't good enough." I like how complete and full-circle it is.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3765031 - 02/11/05 01:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

uhm thats not what i ment.
im just saying that u can get stuck with a black and white positive/negative system... morality is a tricky thing but practical necessity is clear and simple...

example: for the sake of being 'positive' alot of peaple are being very analy politicly correct about everything and most unwilling to speak their minds... this to me seems rather unhealthy...

so i choose to obey practical necessity instead. im positive when i can because thats what i like best but recognise the necissity to sometime be negative.

how would u place the idea of "tough love" in a positive/negative model?

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3765039 - 02/11/05 01:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh yeah, part of my point is that maybe he wasnt doing it as wrong as he seems to think now...

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3765053 - 02/11/05 01:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

okay I see... and I agree... I am one of those pussyfooters (in 'real' life that is). That's a struggle for me, to speak my mind rather than try to please the greatest number of people.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3765125 - 02/11/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey its hard for everybody when we all punish eachother for not being PC... especialy with that TV pushing all your buttons 24/7 ...

its interesting to see how language has changed to hade the truth about stuff.
check this out: http://instruct.uwo.ca/mit/204f/audio/carlin-eu.mp3
its George Carlin doing a piece about euphemisms...
(aint it funny how stand up comedy can cut trough the bs like nothing else can)

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3765171 - 02/11/05 01:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the support guys.

What I mean by being positive is to be constructive rather than destructive.

For example not name calling and being negative or hurtful towards others.One can speak their mind without having to hurt another person.Instead of saying someone's idea about something is stupid or that theyre are an idiot because you disagree with them or dont like their idea try to be constructive and say Maybe it isnt a good idea because... or Well, I dont agree because...  .There isnt any reason a person cannot speak their mind without being mean,negative or destructive about it.

All the hatred and negativity flying around here does nothing but help people to eliminate the things we love instead of us all focusing on ways to preserve it.There is alot of wasted energy and intellect in these forums.We should all put it to good use and toward an end goal.How are we supposed to fight the drug war when we are divided against ourselves and fighting ourselves?

Instead of fighting we could be doing much more constructive things to preserve our future and the future of others.It would be a shame to see all the valuable botanical resources we have disappear because of all the silly fighting.The DEA and other government agencies are fighting to get rid of everything we hold dear yet very few are fighting to save it.

Lately it seems like importation of drugs and etheogens in general legal and illegal are becoming less and less in numbers.Agencies are tightening the noose and Im sure alot of people are starting to feel it.I watch legal vendors disappear every year on one technicality or another or just not wanting to take that risk anymore.

While there is always disagreement found abundantly here and we all have different views than the next person and total agreement is never reached, there should be at least one thing we can all agree upon and that is the fact that None of us wants to see entheogens disappear.We ALL have that in common.And perhaps that ONE common bond will be enough for us to get over our minor differences in order to focus on the important things. :smile:

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3765182 - 02/11/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hey its hard for everybody when we all punish eachother for not being PC... especialy with that TV pushing all your buttons 24/7 ...

Yeah it is.I am quite guilty of being quite anal about being PC at times.But I am learning that these petty things do not matter in the long run.Thats what this forum is all about.Growing and Sharing as a community.Somewhere along the way it seems we all at one time or another have become corrupted from the original Ideal and have lost our way.Hopefully most of us find their way back quickly enough. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
    #3765216 - 02/11/05 01:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

One of the underlining principles of my own personal philosophy has to do with unification. Not just unification between people, but groups of people, continents and countries.

Remember when the world was one? Literally, the world was one super-continents nick named 'pangea'. Over time the crust of the earch broke apart into techtonic plates resulting in a continental drift. I want to help put everything back together. (it's obviously more complicated than that... if you put things back together the wrong way there is awkwardness, friction, and sometimes conflict; take for example to techtonic plates colliding with each other, this is a devastang way to put things 'back' toghether.)

There are two fundimental principles which play out in many aspects of life, namely: attraction and repulsion. Love is an attractive force. Sure, we need space to stretch out, but personally I feel that unification is more needed than leg-room.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: Open Appology... [Re: soulmotion]
    #3765224 - 02/11/05 01:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

..are you saying that we need to reverse tectonic drift in order to make the world be at One?

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

#3765264 - 02/11/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
..are you saying that we need to reverse tectonic drift in order to make the world be at One?

I always seem to paint myself into a corner, because I start spilling out all of these ideas I have in my head into a post and then realize half-way through that it would take too long to complete my train of thought.

Where I was going with that was,

...you know, the seperation of continents also contributed to the dispersment and seperation of the human race. When humans seperated into different bodies of people, each culture developed differently with some nations having the advantage over others. So you can see how continental drift is a contributing factor to wars, inequalities, and racial prejudice.

It goes deeper than that though, because the same law of repulsion which caused continental drift, I believe, also causes dispondency and distrust in our psyche (this is part of my 'theory of everything'. I'm very uneducated and I know I don't I have all the answers, but I believe I have the one answer to life that matters most which is: There is a relationship between all things both physical and the intangible-- this is another train of thought that I could carry further, but I won't bore you with my quixotical imaginings...)

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3765286 - 02/11/05 02:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So you can see how continental drift is a contributing factor to wars and racial prejudice.

but the continents haven't drifted significantly in the last 50,000 years, during which human civilization arose and things like agriculture, animal husbandry, technology and disease became the big factors in giving some populations advantages. true, where the continents ended up plays a significant role in the seemingly arbitrary distribution of advantage, but at less than an inch per year or whatever, continental drift becomes moot.

I always seem to paint myself into a corner

that's a great metaphor, isn't it? I love the visual image I get from it

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

#3765318 - 02/11/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I guess what I'm trying to show is that 'seperation' or you could also call it 'repulsion' is a self evident law that plays a part in both geology and psycology.

There. Maybe that's a clearer way of saying it. Do you get my meaning? (cornered, as I am?)

The antithesis of 'repulsion' is of course the 'attraction' i.e. the love mentioned earlier. Forgiveness and tolerance are also usually 'attractive' attitudes, so, going back to the premise of this thread, I try to subscribe to these 'attractive' attitudes as much as I can, even when judgement or intolerance is deserved by an offender.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3765399 - 02/11/05 02:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i think what your talking about is that we need to De-polarise ourselves from eachother...
no more us vs them or you vs me but rather how can we cooirdinate our efforts for a bigger better product...

i like where this is going...

what is it that makes us polarise ourselves?
aside from the manipulations of those who seek to empower themselves by controlling us.

ive been listening to Terrence Mckenna talk about this idea of "ego vs partnership"
heres a bunch mp3's: http://mckenna.drugtext.org/
(if u dont know his work yet u realy should check that out)

another thing that is very interesting is the book:
Prometheus rising"
it talks about how the psyche is divided in 2 parts:
the thinker and the proover...
and how we become dependant on our own beliefs and why we choose to defend them instead of changing our minds in the face of a truth that
brings a belief in doubt...

--------------------
My homepage

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3765408 - 02/11/05 02:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Destruction is a force of nature that cannot be ignored. Destruction breeds creation and vice verser, they are mutually dependant. It sounds like your becomming quite one sided and ignoring or rejecting the negative aspects of our humanity. In the Hindu religion (which i seem to be stateing quite ofen) Shiva the force of destruction is included as well as the gods of creation and preservation, there is nothing wrong with destruction, someitmes limiting concepts need to be destroyed to enable us access to our true potential. The most painful experiences of loss hold the highest spiritual significance in both hinduism and buddhism.

I for one do not support the banning of ethnobotanicals, but i accept that over the next few years its certainly going to become a reality in my country whether i like it or not. But really it doesnt bother me that much, i have very little attachment to such things and dont base my spiritual progress on any external circumstances. Others find that herbs and botanicals provide very precise access to spiritual dimensions, and i certainly feel for those who will be missing out in the future. :frown:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3765899 - 02/11/05 08:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I will accept your appology, but none was ever needed.....    :shrug:  Please accept my appologies in return....!?
TiT for TaT....?    :tongue2:

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
Quote:

Yeah it is.I am quite guilty of being quite anal about being PC at times.But I am learning that these petty things do not matter in the long run.Thats what this forum is all about.Growing and Sharing as a community.Somewhere along the way it seems we all at one time or another have become corrupted from the original Ideal and have lost our way.Hopefully most of us find their way back quickly enough. :smile:

If the TV pushes YOUR buttons, it is time to NOT watch TV anymore....
Get a fish tank, REAL life is MUCH more entertaining....  (IMHO)

Screw "PC"....!  If "those" people that can't find humor in life want to control what you THINK is right thru hiding behind political B.S., they need to eat more Vitamin-HUMOR, and take DEEEEPER Breathes of FRESH air....  Laughing does come to mind, it doesn't hurt....???    Do they sell it in a box yet as a remedy....?    Or is that a patented secret tied up in politics too....?    :shake:  :shake:  For shame....    Why have we let it get like this....?

You called me a WHAT....????    Well, I will be damned....  It didn't even hurt.....    :shrug:

PC only works in "the work place"....    My opinion....  :shrug:
Humor is good there too, but it is not what you are getting paid for....
Perspective....    Other's Perspectives....    And Respect for Other's Perspectives.... 

For Life does become a Bitch when that "bitch" can't laugh at life.....  :shocked:

:::::Uncomfortable Silence Ensues:::::

HAAAAaaaaHAAAAaaaaaa HaaaaaaaHAaaaa  :tongue:  Now, go back to your office.....

:grin:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules