Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKooshster
Stranger
Is $160 CND a reasonable price for a shroom kit?
    #3764163 - 02/10/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Apparently it's legal to grow fresh shrooms in ONtario and a headshop around here is selling a kit for 159.99. Is that a reasonable price?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejonas

Re: Is $160 CND a reasonable price for a shroom kit? [Re: Kooshster]
    #3764204 - 02/10/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hell no. And don't buy kits anyway. They're a waste of money and you have more freedom by doing it yourself.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is $160 CND a reasonable price for a shroom kit? [Re: jonas]
    #3764222 - 02/10/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You can gather all the supplies yourself for a fraction of that cost, and it's so much more rewarding :thumbup:

I wouldn't recommend a grow kit.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Is $160 CND a reasonable price for a shroom kit? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3764258 - 02/10/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
You can gather all the supplies yourself for a fraction of that cost, and it's so much more rewarding :thumbup:

I wouldn't recommend a grow kit.

No doubt. Picture this;

You spend 160 on a kit and follow it step by step. There are NO promises you won't end up with contams, making it no better than PF-tek as far as "just getting shrooms" goes. But lets say things go well, hmm?

Few people get *great* results from the kit. Even if they do, supplies are gone. Not only that, but they don't know the first thing about re-supplying the kit. In the end, you still have no idea how to grow shrooms. It won't take very long to figure out that, although vendor kits first seem like a possibly economically sound decision, things just don't pan out in the end...they always end up being way to expensive. So then you will sit back and say "well, okay...I guess I should look up on the net how shrooms grow. What makes them grow. How to grow them." Then you will read everything there is to read on the shroomery and spend like $50 on supplies. You will grow a load of shrooms, and know exactly what you want to do different next time...and will have the excitement and motivation to go through with it.

Now, why don't you save yourself the $100, not hop around the igloo, and get straight to the point of the issue? There is an Eskimo woman, nude, laid out on the ice inside. You can bullshit with the doorman and then go get laid, or you can just go get laid. Now whats it gunna be...hmmm?

'Doobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Is $160 CND a reasonable price for a shroom kit? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3764266 - 02/10/05 11:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Doing it yourself is definitely the way to go. The only part of it that may be considered "hard" is doing all the research beforehand. Even then, it's not too tough. I learned most of what I know by spending two days on the shroomery reading and rereading the PF Tek and some of its variations. I started my first grow about 3 weeks ago, and am about 3 weeks away from having shrooms. I've spent around $100, and now have an unlimited supply of shooms without ever spending any more money other than the occasion $5 here and there. Plus, it's fun doing all the research. You get the satisfaction of learning a new (and very fun) hobby and knowing that you have the ability to grow your own shrooms whenever you damn well feel like it. If you spend the cash on the growing kit, you won't learn as much, you'll have less control over your grow, and you'll be wagering your success on the success of the grow kit. Do it yourself, learn from your mistakes, save money. If you read up on the PF Tek and follow it, you're guaranteed success. Plus, if you follow the PF Tek, you'll have lots of help from people on the shroomery, as most of us either use it or have used it before. If you do the kit, most of us won't know much about it. GROW YOUR OWN YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID

--------------------
Excerpt from one of my textbooks:
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.
I wonder if that would make more sense if I was tripping when I read it.

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known
 Arcade Champion: Ms. Pacman, Pac Man, Tetris

Loc: t(here)
Re: Is $160 CND a reasonable price for a shroom kit? [Re: Fungus_Farmer]
    #3764690 - 02/11/05 01:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

please dont buy a shroom kit. you can find everything you need in your local hardware store, office depot, and online. keep your set up really simple and tweek it as you go. good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation