Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

I do not want children.
    #3763689 - 02/10/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

For many years now, I have contemplated children. I think I'd be a loving father, but I am pretty sure I do not even want to go down that path. I simply do not have the emotional need nor desire for offspring. Many of the girls I have known, dated, or have this conversation with speak of a deep-rooted desire to raise children. Not me.

I'll be honest - I find children to be annoying creatures. They are also a heavy financial burdens for 18 years + I am not selfish - I just choose to take care of myself. One goal in my life is to shed burden - I want to live simple and have the chance to learn, read, travel, build, etc. Having children would most certainly put alot of this on-hold because they would be my primarily responsibility - not myself and my interests.

When my friends are struggling to pay for their children's college tutition, I'd rather use that money and travel the world or purchase a little place of my own near an ocean and eventually retire early.

Now, this doesnt mean I want to be alone. Quite the contrary, I have a large family and I'll eventually be an uncle. Many of my close friends plan on having kids or already do. I'd rather be the cool uncle or friend or neighbor.

Now, the problem is I do wish to get married eventually. I cannot see myself past my 30s without a wife. I completely enjoy relationships even when they go sour - I value the total experience. Seems most women want children and wouldnt want to deny that to a wife. Any women out there who also lack the desire to have children? How common is this?

Why do people feel it is their duty to have children? Arent there enough of us already? Also, how is the process of getting a vascetomy? About how much would it cost? Anyone get one?

Just had to get this off my chest & ask a few questions.
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: I do not want children. [Re: Vvellum]
    #3763901 - 02/10/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm in a similar situation.

I think I would be a marvelous dad. If I did have kids I would dote on them. However, at the present moment I am not ready for them. I am kind of scared of growing old and having no family though(I don't have any siblings, so nieces and nephews are not going to happen). Even though I think I would make a great parent, I am TERRIBLE with kids at the moment. I lose my patience and I don't "connect" with them easily.

I should note I am financially stable. If anybody could have a kid, it would be me. I wouldn't have to live off of welfare or anything. I have family members who would be a part of the kid's life. The kid would have a good life with people who cared about it. But.....I don't want kids right now. And, I don't know if I ever will.

I am from a somewhat economically "depressed" area. It is common around here for girls to get pregnant young and often and then live off of welfare. These girls REALLY don't look like they like their kids. To be honest they view their kids as a nuisance.

But, I know people who adore their kids. They are so happy that they are here and they love being around them.

When I am ready(if I ever am) I will know it. Until then, I am waiting for the "male birth control pill". It should be hitting the shelves in a few years or so(from what I have heard).

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3763920 - 02/10/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

P.S. I have read about vasectomies. I don't like the concept of sterilization because it is possible I(or you) will want kids some day. What if you meet Ms. Right a couple of years from now? Also, there are some possible side effects. "Pain" in the testicles is not unheard of after a vasectomy. Check out a web site to get further details.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3764016 - 02/10/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe  :laugh:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #3764018 - 02/10/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

420girl and I both do not want children
we talked the issue over and both came to the conclusion
that we don't like kids.

others peoples kids are ok, because you can always leave.

I just don't understand kids and I don't want that responsibility.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: I do not want children. [Re: Sterile]
    #3764052 - 02/10/05 07:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Why did you even look in this post?  You can't have kids because you are Sterile.

:smirk:

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
Loc: SW
Re: I do not want children. [Re: joe666]
    #3764071 - 02/10/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I never liked kids much either, until I had my own. Other peoples kids are annoying, but it is the parents who raise them that way. But your own child will give you something that you cannot anticipate. It is the most amazing thing to see a person developing. I never thought I would want a child - and even considered permanent contraception, but luckly, I had a child instead.

Triptamine

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3764079 - 02/10/05 07:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would not want to subject any creature to this world in its current state and the way it's headed. For now, the answer is no.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: I do not want children. [Re: Adden]
    #3764117 - 02/10/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

At the moment the future does not look like a good place for children, so I have no desire for any.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3764502 - 02/10/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ive been with my girlfriend for a few years now. Neither of us want children. We have discussed our future plans together and kids are not on the list.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: I do not want children. [Re: Jim]
    #3764508 - 02/10/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I want kids, but only after I can fully afford them and assure that they will be in a good place (like out of the US the way things are going)

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3764523 - 02/10/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I go back and forth on the issue. I'm positive that I'd make a great dad(everyone says I'm great with kids), but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of responsibility. I also have moral issues, like the global population problem. But I figure if I can raise a child who will have a positive impact on the world, then it will be worth it.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3764540 - 02/10/05 10:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with you all the way biO. This isn't the right planet to bring up kids in anyway. It could have been, but that's another story. No Learyfan Jrs will enter this world on purpose, I can assure you that. Any girls I date will have to accept that.

I saw a guy I knew from school the other day. He asked if I was married and had kids. I said "No....never'. He laughed and said "That'll change". That's not gonna change. Like I really need to sacrifice my entire life for some little brat that'll hate me for trying to send him down the right path.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3764546 - 02/10/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if I want kids or not. Some days I do, other days I don't. Right now, not really.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag