Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: earth
drug tests
    #3763700 - 02/10/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

will psylocibin show up on in a piss test?

on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: ATL
Re: drug tests [Re: jc_illenium]
    #3764236 - 02/10/05 11:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It is highly unlikely that they test for it, but even if they do you are generally ok after about 3 days.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

and fell

Loc: MI
Re: drug tests [Re: z@z.com]
    #3766396 - 02/11/05 01:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

lets ask shulgin:

Shulgin say,

Most of the "magic mushrooms" are various species of the Genus Psilocybe. And the chemical that immediately comes to mind, with the mention of this Genus, is the compound psilocybin. This alkaloid was first isolated from Psilocybe mexicana almost fifty years ago by Albert Hofmann, the chemist at Sandoz who first synthesized LSD and discovered its activity.

Psilocybin is an internal salt, with an acid function at one end (a monophosphate ester) and a basic function at the other end (a tertiary amine group). This type of structure is known chemically as a zwitter-ion. This is why it is rather water soluble, forming beautiful white crystals when recrystallized from boiling water. And this is why it is not the active component of these mushrooms in man -- it is blocked by the blood-brain barrier from getting into the brain.

But in the blood stream, the phosphate group is very quickly hydrolyzed off by a serum esterase and the resulting metabolite, psilocin, is an extremely potent psychedelic drug and readily enters the brain. This rather fragile compound is present in both the blood and the urine of the user, as both the free base and its glucuronide conjugate. These are excreted quite rapidly, reaching a maximum urinary level of about 1 microgram per milliliter in about three hours, and this rapidly falls to below the limits of analytical detectability (< 10 nanograms per milliliter) within 24 hours. Maximum serum levels of the combined psilocin and its conjugate are about 50 nanograms per milliliter. Psilocin is further metabolized by the loss of one of the nitrogen atoms to form the alcohol 4-hydroxytryptophol and the corresponding carboxylic acid, 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid.

All three of these materials, psilocin and its two deamination products, are observable, after derivitization, by conventional chromatographic instruments.

So, yes, you certainly can be tested for mushrooms, but I know of no laboratory that is presently set up to perform this analysis.

Most of these human studies have been performed in the last three or four years, largely in Switzerland, and represent the cutting edge of present day research. It will be quite some time before these procedures will be part of any random urine test.

If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion