Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
On some of my cakes, I have accumulated little blotches of blue/green mold... What would you guys suggest I do with these? Can I eat the mushrooms that come from these contamintaed cakes? Or is blue/green mold bad?
Are you sure it's not bluing of the mycelium? If it's blue that is probably what it is..however if it's greenish at all you may have a problem. Perhaps take a clean paper towel and see if it wipes off...or see if it washes off with water. If it does then it's a contam. If it doesn't it's most likely just mycelium bluing due to bruising or drying.
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
fuck mate, if its the green then dont worry too much .. if you leave bread out for a week, you'll get exactly the same shite...and i dont think anyone has died recentally from accidentally eating old bread..