Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Personal Space....
    #3762640 - 02/10/05 05:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lately Ive been severely irritated and stressed because I need my personal space and time alone to function properly but lately every time I turn around people are RIGHT there 24/7.I have no personal space and no time to myself.Some house guests are annoying and hard to deal with.It wasnt my choice either to have this house guest and I made it clear I was totally against it but I didnt have a choice as I soon found out.I like social interaction to be on my grounds not for social interaction with people to be forced.I absolute hate that.However of course I am very kind and curteous to this person as I would never dream of being rude to any guests unless they did something horrible.However its driving me nuts.

Does anyone else have the need for personal space and time daily?

P.S. I am virtually a hermit most of the time unless I feel like being social at that particular moment which isnt too often nor too long.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: Personal Space.... [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3762690 - 02/10/05 05:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You are not alone, my friend.

Funny sig, btw.

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3762693 - 02/10/05 05:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I think most of us feel the way you do. I need my personal space and thrive on it, that's when I do the best brainstorming, etc..

But hey, some people need to evaluate their sense of self worth by constantly being surrounded with friends, or even not so friendly people. To each their own, whatever.

If it bothers you this much, why don't you find a way to kindly remove this person from your personal space?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Personal Space.... [Re: Holydiver]
    #3762798 - 02/10/05 06:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

If it bothers you this much, why don't you find a way to kindly remove this person from your personal space?

Unfortunately it really isnt possible.Aside from this guest people tend to just pop in unexpectedly without notice often lately and Ive yelled at them time and again for doing this.I have no idea how to get rid of the "pop in" types.One of them is my fiance's mother.

The good news I just learned is I only have to deal with one more day although I have been trying to get rid of this guest sooner.Of course my family wont hear of it.While I dont generally care what they think I also dont feel like dealing with a war right now either.

Theyre the ones who stuck me with this person.So nice of them to dump it on me eh?

At most I tend to socialize twice a week for a bit on average.By a bit I mean dinner plans or going out with people or a small get together.Occasionally I like to camp with people but thats rare.Generally I like my privacy and solitude and my stuff to be left alone unless I decide otherwise.Another issue currently is that people like to walk in and pick up and play with my belongings.

In general I prefer to work on my experiments and lab work or time with my fiance rather than spend time around most people.

PS My fiancee is also quite solitary.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Personal Space.... [Re: nonoman]
    #3762805 - 02/10/05 06:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Funny sig, btw.

Thanks.I find it quite amusing as well and decided I had to make it my signature.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3764112 - 02/10/05 09:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I know what you mean.

Sometimes just the constant noise of other people drives me nuts! :crazy:

--------------------

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Personal Space.... [Re: Ego Death]
    #3767257 - 02/11/05 05:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yep, i live in a really crowded house

--------------------

Offlinejoecrab
Moon Child

Loc: The Beautiful Suwannee Ri...
Re: Personal Space.... [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3767822 - 02/11/05 08:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

gotta have my space when needed

--------------------
and the moral of the story is, don't try to meditate on methamphetamines

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being