Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

H2O2
    #3762368 - 02/10/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone else use hydrogen peroxide to speed plant growth?And if so does it provide significant results in your experiences?

In my experience it seems to double the rate of growth in sub-adult plants at the minimum.I was just curious if others came up with similar results.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: H2O2 [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3762895 - 02/10/05 06:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How are you applying it and in what concentrations?

I am willing to give it a go, but I can't think of anything to account for the accelerated growth rates. If anything I would've thought it would open the soil up to contaminants and other nasties, and in the process slowing it.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: H2O2 [Re: BorgFace]
    #3763292 - 02/10/05 07:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

How are you applying it and in what concentrations?

I am willing to give it a go, but I can't think of anything to account for the accelerated growth rates. If anything I would've thought it would open the soil up to contaminants and other nasties, and in the process slowing it.

I am using standard store bought 3% hydrogen peroxide since it is all that is readily available locally.I apply directly to the soil and water with Hydrogen Peroxide as I would regular water once in awhile.Id say I do it about twice a week.So far I have only been using it on houseplants and flowers since I discovered its effect by accident a few weeks ago.I originally intended to use it to kill mold that developed on the peat in a house plant.I noticed that the plant began to grow at about 3 times its normal rate for a few days after the H2O2 treatment.I have been repeating the treatments once a week with good results but its not as fast as the initial treatment but still faster than normal.

I have tested it on a few houseplants so far.In the future I plan to test it on popular entheogens.

Although I would experiment with the amount of H2O2 to use since the houseplants are quite large and also seedlings will require much less as well as cuttings.

I personally believe part of it is due to increased O2 at the roots mostly and online research suggests this as well.

A moment ago I also found this article.

H2O2 Article

It includes a recipe with a water to H2O2 ratio.If one wishes to use a weaker solution.

The article says it increases growth by 30% however I believe there are other variables that may increase the rate closer to my findings.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: H2O2 [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3763710 - 02/10/05 08:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the response and information.

I am thinking of trying this out on a Heimia salicifolia plant, I'll let you know how it goes.

Borg.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden