Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
The real dangers of E / MDMA ?
    #3761866 - 02/10/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So, i have spent endless hours researching the dangers of this drug. The hazards, what it does, what to do, what not to do, why people die, why it can become dangerous etc.

In my opinion the only/main dangers of this drugs are the dangers which occur when mixed with clubs and bars. When people mix with alcohol, or dance to dehydration or over heat, drinking to less or too much, inexperienced users taking high doses. All these dangers could be avoided if take with some close friends in private just chilling out enjoying the ride. Don't get me wrong this drug almost goes well anywhere if in public or private, it what dangers might occur and knowing how to avoid them. The only other real danger i can see is dodgy or laced pills.

So. in my truthful opinion i have 100% confidence in the drug, i have took it twice, once that first experience is over, its hard to look back. My friend had little confidence in the drug and was weary of taking it, he too did research and decided to give it a go, now he would take it everyday for the week without blinking an eye.

Now heres my question, i ask other people if they see this drug as dangerous, people who have more experience then me with this drug and most seem to say yes, so i ask how dangerous? they say quite alot. i dont know if this is down to them lacking knowledge or being hooked into the drug conspiracies which the government seems determend to scar into young minds, or just maybe there right, maybe the government has good reasons to enforce anti-drug conspiracies/campaigns.

What's your opinion on this?
Do you believe there is much danger within an experienced user?

Peace,
Mushie Man
Do you belive that MDMA is dangerous?
You may choose only one
Have you ever taken MDMA?
You may choose only one
Would you ever take it again?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/11/05 12:53 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Edited by Mushie_Man (02/10/05 01:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3761892 - 02/10/05 12:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It can be dangerous, but there are ways of minimizing the danger. If you are going to be physically active on it(dancing at a rave, for example), make sure you stay hydrated. But if you're not being active, don't drink too much water. If at all possible, make sure you know what you're getting. There's a lot of cut pills out there. Also, buy some 5-HTP from your local drug store, and take some when you come down off of the E. If there is any neurotoxic damage caused by E(which hasn't yet been conclusively proven), this should minimize it.

--------------------

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #3761906 - 02/10/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMHO, X is only dangerous if you abuse of it, if your body reacts badly to the drug or if you have a weak mind.

Abuse: You'll have cravings for the drug and you'll have emotional ups and downs.. Shit like that.

Body reacts badly: 2 out of 100,000 people can die the first time they use X. Didn't happen to me, but talk about bad fuckin luck.

Weak mind: You get mentally addicted after your first trip and think you're invincible and do much more afterwards. That's fuckin dangerous, I know someone who did that and now it's as if someone hit "slow motion" on her, she talks and moves like a zombie.

The first time I tripped on X was January the 27th I think, and next time I plan to take it will be my birthday on July 22nd. That's a good spaced trip and it's the best you can do.

Moderation = k3y.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3761914 - 02/10/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As with MOST drugs (I would say ALL drugs) MDMA has it's risks. You pointed out the main ones: hyperthermia, exhastion, dehydration. All of these can be removed from the equation if you use some common sense: drink plenty of WATER, take breaks from dancing, and pay attention to what your body is telling you.

Now the subject of whether or not MDMA causes any damage to the brain is still undecided. Some studies have shown what appears to be long-term damage to brain cells, while others don't seem to show any damage. Yet if you ask any real researcher, they will tell you right off that the jury is still out.

MDMA is metabolized in the body into an ACTIVE amphetamine compound, before this is metabolized into inactive compounds. AMPHETAMINES DO CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE. On this one, the jury is decided. Amphetamines can cause long-lasting (permanemt) damage to the dopmamine system in your brain, so I assume that MDMA can cause the same damage if you are not careful. I think that MODERATION of use is the key, here. If you have ever met someone who uses MDMA often (more than twice a month is often) or especially uses high-dose MDMA often...you will see what this drug can do to a person. Not everyone shows these effects...but enough do to cause concern.

I have limited myself to NO MORE than one roll a month (in practice, I have used it MUCH less than this) and no more than 3 repeated doses at any given time.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: Snape]
    #3761916 - 02/10/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes like said... it is dangerous ( just like pretty much every drug) when abused..

i abused it a few years back and it definately does negatively effect you. i havent done it in nearly 3 yrs now.. and ive felt like ive been back to where i was before i abused it a long time ago. so my advice is dont take it alot.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: trendal]
    #3761919 - 02/10/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, and that is overlooking the MOST obvious risk to taking "ecstacy": LOTS OF THE PILLS OUT THERE CONTAIN OTHER DRUGS, AND OFTEN NO MDMA WHATSOEVER!

Know your dealers, and don't buy E from people you don't trust with your life. People have died or (worse) developed Parkinson's disease after taking pills they THOUGHT were MDMA but turned out to be something much more dangerous.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3761920 - 02/10/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree Snape,

Moderation = Key!!

Abuse = Stupid, and should only be left to silly druggies who want to fuck up there life's.

No moderation and respect can have drastic consequences. Dodgy pills are a big danger, but it's sometimes hard to find someone who deals E that you would trust your life with? no many drug dealers are that trust worthy, you just got to take your chaces, dealing with drugs will always be a risk.

The polls gone fucked (don't know why, it shouldn't have) and i could have gone into a little more detail with the questions, ah well :smile:

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Edited by Mushie_Man (02/10/05 01:30 PM)

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #3761999 - 02/10/05 01:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The name's Snape, not Snap :wink:

I'm the Hogwarts potions master

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: Snape]
    #3762034 - 02/10/05 01:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

One word: Spellchecker.

..You either love em` or hate em`...

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

InvisibleSTONER_BEAR
Stranger

#3762069 - 02/10/05 01:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

e is great and pretty safe in small amounts. its these kids that drop 10 pills at a time and freeak out and collapse on the dance floor that give it a bad rep

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3763219 - 02/10/05 05:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For anyone who hasn't already seen this is a must:

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON XTC SLIDESHOW

You can test what you pay for today:

XTC TESTING KITS FAQ

MDMA use comes as a period in someones life and fades away rapidly....nothing is like the first trip, which in my opinion is the only trully beneficial, if of course experienced alone in silence.

Sooner or later, the magic is lost, and the drug has a completely different effect than what it had on your virgin brain.

This is a difficult to tolerate substance, and that makes it very dangerous.

Shure thing is, that its nasty comedown, is a usual reason to giggle, for all the mushrooms in the forest.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineSectoid
Wannabe Grower
Male

Loc: Montréal, Québec
    #12713277 - 06/09/10 02:01 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Oh, and that is overlooking the MOST obvious risk to taking "ecstacy": LOTS OF THE PILLS OUT THERE CONTAIN OTHER DRUGS, AND OFTEN NO MDMA WHATSOEVER!

Know your dealers, and don't buy E from people you don't trust with your life. People have died or (worse) developed Parkinson's disease after taking pills they THOUGHT were MDMA but turned out to be something much more dangerous.

I completely agree with Trendal here. In facts, why I don't take E is mostly because I can't find the good stuff. I was taking more about 3 years ago. Haven't taken any in about 6 mounts. Now I have different contacts and damn they suck. Yeah, their pills does have an effect. Sometimes a pretty strong one, but it's far from being MDMA. On one hand, it's not what I want to feel, and on the other hand I just don't know what it is! I don't want to take something that has such a strong potential without knowing what I'm in for.  Most often, they cut it with speed, which is definitely destructive. Sometimes I just don't know what the hell I took.

This is a sad thing. Honestly MDMA based E is my top #1 super favorite drug. But on the maybe 20 kinds of E sold to me as such, I remember 3 that really were so. And now I don't take it anymore because of that.

Which brings me there : There should be policies of legalization for drugs. On one hand, I would FINALLY get my hands on it, and on the other hand it would most definitely be less dangerous.

I don't fear ecstasy, nor most of the drugs I take, for I take them in moderation, in a safe context (no driving, people around, etc) but I fear that what I'm taking is not what I think I'm taking.

Now, for all pills I take, I must have a reference from somebody I know (and not all of them) for the particular batch I'm envisaging to buy from.

--------------------
I'm french, so don't complain about spelling or formulation. To the worst you can give me advices.

Otherwise, being a newbie I say hello guys!

Offlinedusk
 User Gallery

Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: Sectoid]
    #12713282 - 06/09/10 02:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you can never take too much E

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: dusk]
    #12713295 - 06/09/10 02:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I answered yes to all 3

I have experienced the dangers of it... life-threatening overdosage/drug interaction etc aside, MDMA abuse causes lingering problems, such as depression, unjustified panic attacks, and impaired brain function.

But if done very moderately, rarely, and with education, it is probably safer than many drugs.

After saying "never again" for about 3-5 years, I have done it twice since, a year apart, with no ill effects.
However, to say it is completely harmless is absolutely not true. It's just something that should not be abused.

Also, it should NOT be used by people with severe mental illness

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: the bizzle]
    #12713324 - 06/09/10 02:30 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It's a great drug with almost forced satisfaction if used in the right settings,

just don't overuse and fight the urge to take more coming down/the next few days, and you'll be prime

i've never seen many other drugs fuck someone up as bad as MDMA when you take it too far though.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinekirilan
dued
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12713325 - 06/09/10 02:30 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've taken MDMA many, many times.

Only really ever had a bad experience once. Me and my friend took it one night and wandered around the neighbourhood and the forest as usual but I started to feel a tad sick which was weirder than usual because it's not as if we were new to the drug..So immediatley I went to the river and had a drink of water because the first thought I had was that I was dehydrated..I had plenty to eat that day. But I kept feeling bad so I just went back to the trampoline (That's where we'd sleep whenever we'd take it) Well my friend wanted to keep wandering even though I felt like shit and I kept telling her not to.

After I was on the trampoline for awhile by myself, laying down..trying to calm down, Just get comfy and hoping the aches went away..Her parents came outside wondering where my friend was..I had no idea so I told them I had no idea. Anyway long story short what happened was they found her in someones yard barely breathing without shoes or a shirt.. I ended up inside..I fell asleep The next day my friend stumbles in the room..She looks fucking terrible, has a hospital band on her wrist and can't even speak.

But we were very young..
I haven't really done it much since then. Maybe 2-3 times.

--------------------
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together"
Carl Sagan
:heart:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #12713451 - 06/09/10 03:30 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

MODERATION IS KEY
- know your source and only eat clean pills - pure mdma, mda
- stay hydrated, don't overexert, don't eat too many, and as mentioned 5-HTP can help greatly.
- cannabis sativa is also an excellent tonic for neural protective activity against MDMA's possible neurotoxicity effects.
- So smoke lots of weed :bongload:

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #12713464 - 06/09/10 03:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Now the subject of whether or not MDMA causes any damage to the brain is still undecided. Some studies have shown what appears to be long-term damage to brain cells, while others don't seem to show any damage. Yet if you ask any real researcher, they will tell you right off that the jury is still out.

My cousin was part of a research team that has done a fairly sizable study on the long-term effects of E on the brain. Yes, they are cautious in formulating their conclusions, but scientists always are. To say that the jury is still out is stretching it though, at least according to my cousin: the long-term effects of moderate to heavy use are very real and are still underestimated by most users and researchers alike.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: Shroomism]
    #12713475 - 06/09/10 03:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
MODERATION IS KEY
- know your source and only eat clean pills - pure mdma, mda
- stay hydrated, don't overexert, don't eat too many, and as mentioned 5-HTP can help greatly.
- cannabis sativa is also an excellent tonic for neural protective activity against MDMA's possible neurotoxicity effects.
- So smoke lots of weed :bongload:

:thumbup:

Now I've got a question... how moderate should moderation be?

I can tell you from experience, rolling every weekend (once or twice per weekend), even for just a month or two, is too much.

Resist the urge to repeat your experience too frequently. I really don't know how long you should wait between doses but I'd say it's definitely a lot more than a week. It could be longer than a month, or two, depending, but I really don't know :shrug:

also, watch your body temperature, you don't want to get a heat stroke, and from what I gather, with MDMA you wouldn't really notice the danger of one sneaking up on you

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The real dangers of E / MDMA ? [Re: the bizzle]
    #12713513 - 06/09/10 04:31 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

IME, "too much" is more than once a month. A few times a year, max. But that's just me. Other mileage may vary.
Taken to extremes, and abused over a long period of time, I have no doubt that MDMA can cause permanent damage to certain parts of the brain..
but used wisely and in moderation MDMA is a relatively safe and wonderful chemical.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract