Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Alien Nonsense
    #376073 - 08/22/01 03:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I find it hard to comprehend that few people questioned the "knowledge" and "information" presented as factual in a recent 15 page topic.

I am all for science fiction and entertainment, and enjoy a good tale as much as anyone, but I hope you shroomerites are not taking this stuff seriously.

If I take high doses of shrooms often, will I too, lose the ability to differentiate reality from fantasy when back in normal consciousness?

Let's NOT take cyanide to go visit the mothership hiding in the wake of the next comet.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: Swami]
    #376120 - 08/22/01 04:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I am all for science fiction and entertainment, and enjoy a good tale as much as anyone, but I hope you shroomerites are not taking this stuff seriously.
Are you saying you know the absoloute truth? You are right and they are wrong? How do you know that? What proof do you have?

If I take high doses of shrooms often, will I too, lose the ability to differentiate reality from fantasy when back in normal consciousness?
What it may do is open your mind to other possibilities, but shrooms do not have the power to change your beliefs on their own. If you don't believe something, then you don't believe, it's as simple as that.
Our western society tries to force us into following a few specific belief paths. These are beliefs that do not challenge the system, and no not allow much space for questioning or personal exploration of your beliefs. If you choose to follow a different path, you are often ridiculed or thought to be crazy, and because of our social conditioning to fit in and be 'normal', many people begin to fear non-authorised beliefs, and will deny everything outside of these without question. I mean what difference does it make to you what others believe, or is the issue really that you fear you may end up believing these things too?

Look at the beliefs in cultures outside of our western society. Many of their beliefs are as 'far out' as many of the beliefs expressed here. Does this mean our society is the only sane one? Are our authorised belief systems somehow superior?

Take care

Phil

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #376200 - 08/22/01 08:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It is good to be grounded, but to have a closed mind is a pitty.
Science is changing every day what is fact today tomorrow is not.
I suggest you read string theory, quantum physics or holografic theory of the universe.
Science is proving what some our ancestors new all a long.
How do you now your normal state of consciousness is not just another fantasy?
I don't advocate to belive everything but don't be afraid to open your mind to other possibilities. you are just limiting your self.

"We have infinite possibilities of existence"

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: LOBO]
    #376345 - 08/22/01 12:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

>Science is changing every day what is fact today tomorrow is not.

Theories may change, but facts do not.

>I suggest you read string theory, quantum physics or holografic theory of the universe.

I have read some on these subjects. These are theories. Many physicist are experimenting to try to validate these concepts.

A scientific hypothesis has nothing to do with someone claiming that they know a mothership is coming in 3 years and are in direct communication with reptilian entites from the gamma quadrant.

Closed mind? I have a discerning mind. If there is nothing to back up anyone's fantastic story without any corroborating evidence, then I have a strong tendency to dismiss it until such time as evidence is presented to give it credence.

This is known as science.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: Phyl]
    #376347 - 08/22/01 12:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

>Are you saying you know the absoloute truth? You are right and they are wrong? How do you know that? What proof do you have?

Huh? Where did I make a claim other than incredulity at the gullibility of others to accept fiction as fact with no corroboration.

>What proof do I have?

For what? I made no claim, but that is exactly my point. There is no proof of direct contact with aliens.

>Look at the beliefs in cultures outside of our western society. Many of their beliefs are as 'far out' as many of the beliefs expressed here. Does this mean our society is the only sane one? Are our authorised belief systems somehow superior?

Wow. It is amazing how you put words in my mouth. You must be reading a different post. Superstition is present in large doses in every culture.

>I mean what difference does it make to you what others believe?

Ask the friends and families of the people who committed suicide in Rancho San Marguerita over some crazy ideas a few years back.

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #376352 - 08/22/01 01:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Swami you're wrong and you will see aliens in or before the year 2012.

:frown:

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offline~`Tursiops truncatus`~
enthusiast

Loc: CO... UsA
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: CACA]
    #376367 - 08/22/01 01:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just because you don't have first hand experience involving an alien encounter dosin't make it a fantasy.

Theres more to life then what meets the eye...

~Stay aware~

OfflinePhyl
old hand
    #376385 - 08/22/01 01:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Huh? Where did I make a claim other than incredulity at the gullibility of others to accept fiction as fact with no corroboration.

There you go again... The gullility of others... And you're saying you don't consider yourself superior?

For what? I made no claim, but that is exactly my point. There is no proof of direct contact with aliens.

What do you count as proof? You cannot undeniably prove anything.

Wow. It is amazing how you put words in my mouth. You must be reading a different post.

Just reading between the lines

Superstition is present in large doses in every culture

People used to be killed for claiming the sun was in the centre of the universe. Doesn't mean it's not true though.

Ask the friends and families of the people who committed suicide in Rancho San Marguerita over some crazy ideas a few years back.

If proof is so important, how can you prove their ideas were wrong?

Take care

Phil

InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: Phyl]
    #376439 - 08/22/01 03:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I tend to find that people who get caught up in the Alien/psychic/past lives/supernatural/ghosts/magical powers...da da da really lose an important critical function in their minds. They begin to accept what is not orthodox science simply because they claim to be open to new/other possiblilities, when they are merely just accepting for the sake of it. I think this is a tragedy because it draws peoples attention from things which are much more accessable to everyone to experience, yet counfounding to explain. There are greater mysteries in life than Aliens and psychic phenomena, we must simply never get cought up in someone else's jargon.

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: Lenore]
    #376552 - 08/22/01 06:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

They begin to accept what is not orthodox science simply because they claim to be open to new/other possiblilities
I would say they are looking for answers that science fails to provide. The problem with science is that it doesn't disprove anything, it only proves things and therefore as science hasn't disproven the alien experiences or psychic phenomenon, and if you have an interest in these things, it's only natural to seek your own answers.

it draws peoples attention from things which are much more accessable to everyone to experience, yet counfounding to explain
Many people have experienced supernatural phonemena themselves, and want to be able to explain them for themselves. Just because anyone cannot experience these things at will doesnt make them any less valid.

Take care

Phil

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#376678 - 08/22/01 09:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

>Swami you're wrong and you will see aliens in or before the year 2012.

I have heard hundreds of variations of this prediction for over 40 years from UFO/Alienn enthusiasts and not one has yet materialized.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: ~`Tursiops truncatus`~]
    #376680 - 08/22/01 09:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

>Just because you don't have first hand experience involving an alien encounter dosin't make it a fantasy.

Neither does someone making a claim to have had such an experience make it a fact.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #376736 - 08/22/01 11:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Before 2012 i'm afraid..didn't you know the world's gonna end in 2003? Mark your calendar - we'll be moving into the 4th dimension..apparently. http://www.zetatalk.com/poleshft/p00.htm

"Pointy bird ... oh, pointy pointy...Anoint my head ... anointy, nointy"

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#377398 - 08/23/01 11:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

this thread rocks
the uk ufo watching society recently closed down due to lack of sightings. almost nothing in the last 8 years.
ive seen 2 ufo`s in my life, but remember the `u` stands for unidentified and that is the interpretation i use.
whether these objects were produced here or not is moot.
as for contacting non-human entities, mmm had some real interesting trips in my day, met some bizarre characters and learnt things that changed me in many ways. sometimes i met these characters when i wasnt tripping.
as for trying to push what i learnt onto anyone else...naa no way. if you wanna find out, go there yourself dont take anyone elses word for it. what you experience will be unique for you alone.
remember, if the voice flatters you or commands you, it is not acting with your benefit in mind, get up and take a piss, wash your hands and face and start again.

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #380292 - 08/27/01 10:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

>Just because you don't have first hand experience involving an alien encounter dosin't make it a fantasy.

Neither does someone making a claim to have had such an experience make it a fact.

It does not take much discernment to recognize, by your acquired paradigm structure, from fiction and fact.

I guess the idea of an honor system, that we as human beings can be trusted with our words, is moot. I guess I better discard what my good friends have seen and experienced if I am paranaoi and cannot trust my instincts.

I will pose you a question:

What if you had the chance of a lifetime to go study with a Lama. You will learn their teachings, meet the 'people', study their lineage and history. You will also get to learn Tummo, the most critical aspect of your study.

Would you go or stay where you are?

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: Revelation]
    #380295 - 08/27/01 10:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Before 2012 i'm afraid..didn't you know the world's gonna end in 2003? Mark your calendar - we'll be moving into the 4th dimension..apparently. http://www.zetatalk.com/poleshft/p00.htm

"Pointy bird ... oh, pointy pointy...Anoint my head ... anointy, nointy"

useless droning it is.. Year after year, the verdict: nothing happens on a visible international scale.

Offlinesir_shroom_alot
enthusiast
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: ArCh_TemPlaR]
    #380297 - 08/27/01 10:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Tell me CACA, have u been to uranus, i hear it's rather nice this time of year

first u get the money, then u get the Weemen!
Wee men? what the hell are u talking about!
i said woman; no u didn't man!

~Ur PAYING ME IN HAIR CLIPPINGS! WHAT ARE U cRAZY?

--------------------

Offlinesir_shroom_alot
enthusiast
Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: sir_shroom_alot]
    #380301 - 08/27/01 11:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i laugh when i hear these guys talk about how they saw aliens and stuff, and most the time they were tripping, that is just funny to me! I personally find it much more easy to belive that these ufo's are merely time travelers from the future, that would be alot easier o explain why they appear and disappear, and look kinda like humans, maybe they are evolved, it's jsut the way u look at something

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Alien Nonsense [Re: Revelation]
    #400572 - 09/22/01 03:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Heh gotta love this thread. I didn't know so many cared so much for my wisdom that they would go to such great lengths to criticize it. Well you know what they say...no publicity is bad publicity.

>>Before 2012 i'm afraid..didn't you know the world's gonna end in 2003? Mark your calendar - we'll be moving into the 4th dimension..apparently<<

World's gonna end? Who gave you that misinformation? Just because the Earth is shifting into the 4th dimension doesn't mean the World is going to end. On the contrary...it will flourish.
2012 is when we shift into the 5TH DIMENSION.

Anonymous

#400573 - 09/22/01 03:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

>Swami you're wrong and you will see aliens in or before the year 2012.

>>I have heard hundreds of variations of this prediction for over 40 years from UFO/Alienn enthusiasts and not one has yet materialized. <<

That's because they haven't materialized yet. Duh. So let me get this straight....you have been hearing for 40 years how the world is going to enter into higher dimensions in 2003 and 2012 and they havent materialized yet? Perhaps it's because 2003 and 2012 havent occured yet? hmmm?
And just for the record, many of the native american tribes have been passing down legend for thousands of years of this same event.
I wonder what the white-skinned brother from the stars Pahanna means? Hmmm

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology