Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: bumper]
    #3756425 - 02/09/05 02:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've had friends who got caught with weed and the cops just took it away. None of the people I know have ever had their cars taken away. The jail thing is always a possibility and I doubt that Canada has a policy of never incarcerating those dealing or using drugs.

personally I wish it was like Amsterdam since I live about 15 minutes from the border.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3756457 - 02/09/05 02:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Depends on where you are in Canada. London has a marijuana cafe where you can smoke openly. So does Toronto, and a handful of other cities. There are many such cafes in BC, and some even sell weed if you ask discreetly.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: bumper]
    #3756604 - 02/09/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bumper said:
Just to let you know, Canada kicks ass, I don't have to worry about army road blocks searching my car for fun,  taking my drugs and locking me up, and selling my car, taking my place of business because some idiot decided to sell drugs in the parking lot out back.
I don't have to worry about people shooting at me while I'm pouring my slurpee at 7 eleven, and I thank the powers that be that I wasn't part of the country that would elect a warmonger piece of shit like that you got running the place. Don't you people feel at least a little bit of sympathy or guilt for all the innocents that are being killed in the name of America, because of the president that you elected. There ain't no high horse here, just the basic freedoms that everybody should be able to enjoy.
The only thing I have to worry about is when your all mighty president decides that hes gonna destroy Canada because we got some of the natural resources that he wants.
Of course we can be assholes to, the reason he was yelling at his waitress is because she was probably an idiot that brought him shitty food, I've been down to your great country and the food and water quality sucks.

Have a good one eh  :smile:

I've lived in the states my entire life, and never had that happen to me. That could just be b/c I use intelligence by not blatantly using drugs in public or driving around while intoxicated or carrying.

I love our food. And the water quality varies wherever you are.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: Redstorm]
    #3756794 - 02/09/05 03:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I love our food.

I love the variety of food I can find at a local store but what constitutes "our food"?

And to bumper .. Do they have DUI checkpoints in Canada?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: newuser1492]
    #3756843 - 02/09/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

And to bumper .. Do they have DUI checkpoints in Canada?

Yes they do... I've only actually gone through them on two occasions, they're usually just around holidays and stuff, but they have them now and then.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3756963 - 02/09/05 04:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

By our food, I meant food you can purchase in the states.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3757009 - 02/09/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
I love our food.

I love the variety of food I can find at a local store but what constitutes "our food"?

http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/poutine.shtml

I've always wanted to try this stuff.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: Silversoul]
    #3757068 - 02/09/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

'Tis the most delicious source of grease imaginable.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3758664 - 02/09/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

as far as individuals go i dont see how canucks or yanks can say your this and your that...millions of people cant eb called one sentance...

i have much disliek for many things that happen in the states...i have even more dislike for even more things that happen in canada. lets face it we are both fucked right up....states seems to fuck up more internationally and canada seems to fuck up everything the peopel who live here want.

ask me the whole continent is in need of a MASS bitch slapping!

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: kadakuda]
    #3758724 - 02/09/05 09:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Let's all take over Sealand.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: Phluck]
    #3758888 - 02/09/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heh, dude you didnt even read the webpage you posted. Ill post some quotes here to save you the trouble of reading your own link. :p

Quote:

ST. JOHN'S, Nfld. -- Marc Emery added another arrest for smoking marijuana to his growing list when he lit up outside a police headquarters in Newfoundland on Saturday.

Quote:

Pot activist Marc Emery, who was arrested Wednesday for puffing at a pro-legalization rally in front of Winnipeg police headquarters Wednesday, may have to refrain from lighting up at all summer, thanks to bail conditions imposed yesterday.

Quote:

Cannabis Culture publisher Marc Emery was arrested on July 9, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, at about 4:20pm, during the first stop of what was planned to be a 16 city cross-country freedom tour.

Quote:

On July 21, Cannabis Culture publisher Marc Emery was arrested for the third time during his Summer of Legalization cross-country tour. Emery was detained by police shortly after lighting up a bong in front of the Moncton police headquarters at 4:20pm.

Quote:

A self-proclaimed crusader for legalizing marijuana had to cut short his summer tour plans yesterday after he was arrested for smoking pot on the Main Street steps of the Codiac Regional RCMP Moncton detachment.

Quote:

Vancouver-based pot crusader Marc Emery was arrested yesterday after smoking marijuana outside city police headquarters as part of a national tour to push for legalizing the drug.

But stopping off at other Canadian police stations later to smoke could be tough for Emery, if Edmonton city cops get certain conditions placed on him.

"You can't go and flaunt your illegal activity in front of a police station without being dealt with," Insp. Dick Shantz said at city police headquarters downtown.

Quote:

Cannabis Culture publisher Marc Emery's "Summer of Legalization" tour is turning into a "Summer of Busts," as Emery was imprisoned for the second time on Saturday, July 12, in Regina, Saskatchewan, for possession of marijuana.

Need I go on?

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Go Canoodlian! [Re: Catalysis]
    #3759283 - 02/09/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i *think* what some people are trying to say is where in teh states would someone caught that many times be let back out to do it next year?

i dunno, im jsut playing devils advocate.

its all on wher ein canada you are...but its teh same for where in teh sates you are i would imagine...what it all comes down to is teh individual cop. as much as we may liek to think tehres this big massive blod swallowing up us pot smokers....its really sjut a bunch of peopel that are for or against it acting singly. in my opinion. its clear what the law is...its up to a handfull of people to decide to uphold it or not.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3759461 - 02/09/05 11:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh lol.

He got busted at a COUPLE of the stops he made, yes, and was released both times without charges.

I can tell you for a fact that he was not arrested on each stop, because I was there. I smoked his joint (guy has some KILLER buds, by the way!) and smoked from his friend's bong. I lit up my own joints and passed them around the crowd, too. Not a single person was arrested.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3759503 - 02/09/05 11:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heh, dude you didnt even read the webpage you posted. Ill post some quotes here to save you the trouble of reading your own link. :p

I'm fully aware he was arrested a few times, I never said anything to the contrary. Apparently you have trouble reading my posts.  :smirk:

He was the only one arrested at SOME of the events, the dozens of others who stood around smoking weren't.

Here's my original statement:

"Worked out okay for quite a few of us, actually."

Where did I say he wasn't arrested?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds