Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! -- Update!
    #3758778 - 02/09/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As soon as I woke up I called my best friend and my husband to tell them about it because it just riveted me to the core of my being. 

Okay, well, you see I have these "chase dreams."  I've spoken about them on here before.  I have chase dreams several times a week.  They're like a reoccuring dream, except the situations are different each time.  Every time through, they have one thing in common. 

I am being chased.  Like an animal, I am being hunted by a strange man who's face I can never recognize.  It's ALWAYS a man, and he is always trying to capture me.  To evade him, I must use my wits and my ingenuinity to stay free!  Sometimes I burrow beneath the ground, often I jump up and hover in the air, sometimes I turn into a stranged winged-type creature and glide away.  But he always comes so *close* to me!  I never can shake him, but I'm always one step ahead of him.  And the thing is, I get almost orgasmic pleasure from being chase and persued, even though to be caught might mean my death. 

Well, last night, I dreamed again.  I dreamed that I had been captured and taken to an insane asylum.  One of my friends had turned me into the asylum after betraying me as someone who has been burning down barns and other buildings.  I was admitted to the insane asylum against my will. 

At first, it was  miserable.  I was scared, like an animal, and kept trying to escape without avail.  Then I met another patient in the asylum.  She was covered with dirt and grime, and she too had reverted back to her animal nature.  We started talking, and soon became friends.  Once the doctors at the asylum realized that I was making friends and starting to behave, they put me into psycho-analysis therapy with a man. 

This man was firm and unyielding, stern and brilliant.  He was passionately interested in me, although I did not know why.  He would question me for hours at a time, asking me to explore my inner self.  Every session we had, I denied him, and often became difficult.  He would think nothing of strapping me to a table and fililng me with drugs to keep me in control.  And let me stress, this man was *in control.*  And I loved it...and hated it. 

As a mad, animalistic captive in an asylum, I started to develop strong emotional feelings towards the man.  Besides my dirty friend, he was the only person I ever saw, for months, maybe even for years.  Each day we would have a session, and he would ask the same questions, and I would resist.  The thing was, I could tell he was honestly interested in me.  He wasn't interested in me getting better...he was just interested in ME.  There was always a detached compassion in his eye whenever he looked at me. 

Eventually, he let me out of my quarters on good behavior.  Immediantly, I tried to cause trouble.  I was a vicious, animal-like female, and not only was I nasty towards the other students, but I did my best to instigate as much chaos as I could before I was captured again.  My doctor was disappointed in me...I could see the determined weariness in his eyes.  Each time I caused havoc and was lectured and punished, my feelings towards him only deepened.  It was like both my love and hatred grew for him every time he punished me for something that I did...and let me tell you, that feeling was sinful, and glorious.  I started becoming sexually promiscuous towards him, but he totally ignored this, only continuing with my 'treatment.' 

Very soon, it was like we were having a 'war' against one another in the asylum.  I would do something destructive and wild, and he would punish me.  Then I would do it again, and he would punish me.  It was like a test of wills, to see who would give in first.  Me with my unchecked wildness, and he with his unwavering committment and control.  All this time, I continously plotted, constantly schemed a way to escape from the asylum.  That was my only goal: to escape. 

One day, after our latest session had ended deliciously badly, I grabbed a fork in the eating area, and stabbed one of the attendants.  When he fell to the ground, I heard the alarm sound and I ran, I ran, and I ran, desperate to reach the exit.  Patients were cheering around me, urging me on.  Then before I knew it, hewas after me. 

The chase began, just like every other time.  I had thought him to be a doctor, but he was so much more then that.  He was a hunter, a preditor, and he would catch me if it was the last thing he ever did.  He wanted me for his research.  He needed me.

If only I could express the animalistic joy I felt in being persued like that!  I behaved like a primitive beast, both cherishing and abhorring my chaser.  Intense, overwelming emotions flowed through me for the man, my captor, who dared think he could contain me...me!  Yet every step I took, every hallway and attic I darted through, he was not far behind. 

The chase continued as it always does.  It was like I became two people...the preditor and the prey.  It was an extravagent dance of agility and intelligence, each of us striving and pushing to overcome the other. 

Finally, I had reached the outer fence of the asylum.  I looked up, and there was a helicopter waiting for me there, hovering overhead.  A ladder descended slowly, and I stood on the edge of the building, reaching upwards with all my strength to grip the edge of my salvation.  I could hear him behind me now, so close, so desperately close, pounding up the stairs and bursting out the door, hands clawing in order to grip me, face immobile and stern.  I knew if he caught me, he'd teach me a lesson I'd never forget. 

Heart in my throat, I jumped from the building, arms outstretched and flailing.  A single hand smacked against the ladder overhead, and I seized upon it, feeling myself get heaved upwards into the air by the helicopter.  I steadied myself, and looked down.  My doctor, my captor, was looking at me with absolute disdain and regret...hating me, who was now out of his reach.  But I was safe, and as the helicopter soared away, I felt a fierce joy, a bone-deep satisfaction that claimed me as I howled my victory to the heavens.  I had won...this round at least. 

So that was my dream.  It was awesome because I have always wondered who the man chasing me so often was.  It is my belief that he represents:

The idea of my father.  I have actually been chased by my father on one occasion as a teenager.  I ran out of the house to get away from him at 2am, and he persued me, chasing me across several fields until he tackled me to the damp, manure-covered earth.  It was a long chase, and I had to leap and crawl under fences to try and escape him.  When he caught me, he was sobbing.  I wonder if that incident has anything to do with my chase dreams. 

I've also wondered if my psyche is trying to conquer itself with these dreams.  I always feel like I am battleground of extremes. 

Who knows!  Interpretations welcome.  :smile:

Edited by EllemyshShade (03/03/05 09:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: MOTH]
    #3759305 - 02/09/05 10:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

wow that is so intense.. Im a little aroused just reading it. I can only imagine having it. Oh my.. thats really good! you should for sure make a book about it. I wonder what the chase really is trying to tell you. What are you really running from? or maybe you think that life is one big chasing game .. i dont know im going to go and get my dream books now and sit down and read..... Awesome Ellemy. REally make me think! Love ya girl!
Kristi

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3759485 - 02/09/05 11:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have some crazy dreams as well.....I can never describe them though.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3760658 - 02/10/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nice dream...very well written.

Incidentally, you may find that if you have a recurring dream (being chased), then you may be able to start recognising when you are dreaming and become lucid. This is the most common way I get lucid dreams, a common theme of my dreams emerges and every time that thing happens I get lucid. For example, a while ago my teeth would often fall out in my dreams, and when they did I would become aware of my dreaming. More recently I find myself naked and the same happens.

As to what it means, I always think that dreams have some vague psychological meaning, but I never trust anyone's interpretation of them

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3760994 - 02/10/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is absolutely intriguing! :thumbup:

I won't offer any explaination or psycho-analysis.

I have many strange, strange dreams, myself.  They can be so random that I dare not offer any rational explaination.  Although, they do often relate to childhood situations, as yours may represent.

I know what you mean about the 'orgasmic pleasure' the mind can create whilst in the dream state!  I wish that pleasure/contentness was accessable in the waking existance (maybe it is?!).

I rarely remember dreams that are as long as your one.  They seem to lose the jist after a few minutes (at most)and morph into another concept!

Interesting that you now know who's chasing you and you escaped.  I wonder if you will be chased again, it could be the end of your re-occuring dream! :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: deafpanda]
    #3762394 - 02/10/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deafpanda said:
Nice dream...very well written.

Incidentally, you may find that if you have a recurring dream (being chased), then you may be able to start recognising when you are dreaming and become lucid. This is the most common way I get lucid dreams, a common theme of my dreams emerges and every time that thing happens I get lucid. For example, a while ago my teeth would often fall out in my dreams, and when they did I would become aware of my dreaming. More recently I find myself naked and the same happens.

As to what it means, I always think that dreams have some vague psychological meaning, but I never trust anyone's interpretation of them

I've been wondering about a similar concept for around 5+ years in my life: does free will exist in your dream?, or in other words, can you control your actions in a dream? It's an incredibly alien-feeling concept because dreams are like the reality to your sub-concious. I've had a few dreams where I have had this moment of clarity in which I realize that I am in a dream and intetionally do very odd things because I know that it's only a dream. Unforunately, I usually awaken shortly after this... which leads to another question: "Is time perception drastically different in dreams than reality?"

Hopefully, Ell..., you'll be able to realize you're dreaming while you're in the chase situation and be point to some sensation of a closure. Your father? Hmm...

By the way, the belief that "if you die in your dreams, you die in the physical world" is false. I've died in my dreams at least 20 times in the past 12 months.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: Society]
    #3762647 - 02/10/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I had a lucid dream last night actually...I find that you can sometimes control exactly what's going on and sometimes not.  I could last night mainly, I was at some sort of outside bar in europe and I was eating a great pizza :wink:.  When I tried to shoot lightning out of my fingertips at passers by it didn't work though.  It does sometimes.  It's weird, it's like you need to be more lucid in order to have greater control, you need to sort of "gather yourself" in your dreams.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3763777 - 02/10/05 07:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ya that's one sexy dream  :doggystyle:

--------------------
]

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #3763988 - 02/10/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deafpanda said:
...For example, a while ago my teeth would often fall out in my dreams, and when they did I would become aware of my dreaming.

Ahh. I always have dreams about that too. I'd like to know wtf it means. They're never nightmares, but still, the thought of all your teeth falling out is a bit unsettling.

Very interesting dream btw. I love the way in dreams you know every single detail like what other people are thinking and how a span of years can go by in dreams. Good job remembering all those details. It was actually a pretty interesting story for what its worth.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3764286 - 02/10/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, that was a bad-ass dream! Very well written, I'm sure it was quite the experience. I love how some dreams can be all encompassing, like how you experienced the passage of weeks or months and was involved in that whole situation. Unfortunately, awakening usually jars me out of the reality I had been experiencing totally just moments before. Then I hit the snooze and try desperately to regain my footing in dream world...

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3764338 - 02/10/05 09:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ToolTroll said:
Yeah, that was a bad-ass dream! Very well written, I'm sure it was quite the experience. I love how some dreams can be all encompassing, like how you experienced the passage of weeks or months and was involved in that whole situation. Unfortunately, awakening usually jars me out of the reality I had been experiencing totally just moments before. Then I hit the snooze and try desperately to regain my footing in dream world...

I seem to be good at doing that.  During this dream, I remember getting up twice to go to the bathroom, then collapsing back in bed and the dream took hold again.  Of course, I'm pretty surprised that I had this dream at all, considering that I smoke everynight and was really high when I went to bed.  It was way more detailed and vivid then most of my dreams are so now I'm trying to figure out what it all means, hehe. 

Thanks for the feedback!  :heart:

InvisibleLysergium
Shroom
Loc: Canada
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! *DELETED* [Re: MOTH]
    #3768617 - 02/11/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Lysergium

Reason for deletion: ...

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: Lysergium]
    #3770484 - 02/12/05 09:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, it seems doubtful that this is believable, but the dream I had on Thursday night must have DIRECTLY been influenced by the Shroomery.  It was a two-part dream, and this is the occurrence:

-The first part involved me and some Indian girl who were being chased by her "disappointed" parents.  I wasn't taking the chase as seriously as the girl was because they weren't my parents, but it was certainly an adrenaline rush.  Towards the end of the chase, the Indian girl and I ran through this portion of the woods in which many members of my old church were around a campfire proclaiming their faith.  We ran at blazing speeds past this and reached a creek with freezing cold water.  Her family continued their pace behind us without tire, so we inexplicable made the decision to jump into the water rather than attempt to cross so that we remain dry and warm.  At the event in which we had been completely dunked in this freezing cold water, her father arrived at the scene.  He began professing his extreme disappointment in his daughter.

-The second portion of my dream included me sitting along with an audience while listening to a political lecture.  When I turned to the right, I noticed these two guys talking about how they enlarged their penis.

Thankfully I woke up shortly after the second portion.  The first part seemed to be directly influenced by me reading this thread! The second one seems only logical to be the result of reading the Penis Size Poll in the polls forum of the Shroomery. :smirk:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3775541 - 02/13/05 06:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I believe that you are correct about your psyche trying to correct itself, only I would venture the term 'integrate' rather than "conquer."

People in dreams are always symbols for psychic processes in Jungian thought. Your grimey girlfriend is almost certaining a 'Shadow' symbol (approximately same age as yourself, same sex, and 'dirty' which symbolizes much of what we reject and project onto our Shadow).

Faceless men in women's dreams, often a group of them, symbolize a woman's 'Animus' - your unconscious personified which is male-gendered in heterosexual women. One's biological father can carry a girl's projection of her Animus and thus emerge in dreams as such. You may be at a point of your psychological development, if you are approaching midlife, even mid 30's, where your psyche is clamoring for attention in your dreams to integrate elements of your Animus that you have been 'running away from.' The clamor of your psyche is a symbolic madhouse, an "insane asylum," but that choice or words indicates both the chaos of being 'insane,' and a safe place, or asylum in which to experience the madness, which is iteslf a painful but transforming experience.

You have juxtaposed "detached compassion" of the Animus with your own "overwhelming emotions" which characterize your conscious attitude. You are, in your dream being unduly influenced by the 'vicious animality' of your Shadow, which you seem to embrace "orgasmically," yet you flee the detached compassion of the Anima. This is potentially a dangerous situation for anyone because these inner dynamics can influence an individual to act out some Shadow stuff in the outer world. At midlife, it is not only men who act out. My cousin's wife left him and three children to run off with a biker-type, who then committed murder. That was how she enacted an upsurge of Shadow material in the outer world. Leaving an 'asylum' by a death-defying leap into the air suggests the additional dynamics of a 'puella aeternus,' - an 'eternal girl ' - a woman who refuses to remain 'rooted' long enough to 'grow' (integration of the Animus here), but prefers to 'remain suspended' in the air, or to make great leaps rather than make the responsible and adult decisions that she needs to make.

I recommend that you take heed of this dream. I don't know you, but I recognize the dynamics that you so aptly described.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3776785 - 02/13/05 11:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I believe that you are correct about your psyche trying to correct itself, only I would venture the term 'integrate' rather than "conquer."

People in dreams are always symbols for psychic processes in Jungian thought. Your grimey girlfriend is almost certaining a 'Shadow' symbol (approximately same age as yourself, same sex, and 'dirty' which symbolizes much of what we reject and project onto our Shadow).

Faceless men in women's dreams, often a group of them, symbolize a woman's 'Animus' - your unconscious personified which is male-gendered in heterosexual women. One's biological father can carry a girl's projection of her Animus and thus emerge in dreams as such. You may be at a point of your psychological development, if you are approaching midlife, even mid 30's, where your psyche is clamoring for attention in your dreams to integrate elements of your Animus that you have been 'running away from.' The clamor of your psyche is a symbolic madhouse, an "insane asylum," but that choice or words indicates both the chaos of being 'insane,' and a safe place, or asylum in which to experience the madness, which is iteslf a painful but transforming experience.

You have juxtaposed "detached compassion" of the Animus with your own "overwhelming emotions" which characterize your conscious attitude. You are, in your dream being unduly influenced by the 'vicious animality' of your Shadow, which you seem to embrace "orgasmically," yet you flee the detached compassion of the Anima. This is potentially a dangerous situation for anyone because these inner dynamics can influence an individual to act out some Shadow stuff in the outer world. At midlife, it is not only men who act out. My cousin's wife left him and three children to run off with a biker-type, who then committed murder. That was how she enacted an upsurge of Shadow material in the outer world. Leaving an 'asylum' by a death-defying leap into the air suggests the additional dynamics of a 'puella aeternus,' - an 'eternal girl ' - a woman who refuses to remain 'rooted' long enough to 'grow' (integration of the Animus here), but prefers to 'remain suspended' in the air, or to make great leaps rather than make the responsible and adult decisions that she needs to make.

I recommend that you take heed of this dream. I don't know you, but I recognize the dynamics that you so aptly described.

Wow, amazing...thank you.

I'm 22 years old.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3861727 - 03/03/05 09:48 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Okay, here is an update.  It's already beginning to fade from my memory, but I'll try to recall it as best as I can. 

Last night, I had another chase dream.  It started out as me racing down a dark highway in my car.  I guess I was driving badly, because a cop (and I had the sense that this had happened before) flashed his lights and pulled me over.  After an exasperating mini-chase, I stopped the car, was pulled out, and arrested.  The officer was just like the doctor in my asylum dream, intelligent and sternly compassionate.  He was concerned for my welfare but couldn't have me breaking the law. 

Anyway, he took me down to the police station.  I call it a police station but it was more like a military complex.  Very large and sprawling, with tunnels below ground and countless hallways and rooms.  Anyway, the instant the officer takes me inside, I bolt, and the chase begins. 

At first, he catches me easily.  I go into animal-mode, feeling sly and secretive, scheming my next big escape.  But I know that this officer is no match for my skill, so I pretend to be caught.  Soon however, I escape effortlessly, darting away and shucking my shackles.  From there, it is much like other chase dreams I have had.  I dart down hallways and corridors, hiding and moving with inhuman speed. He chases me with dogged determination, all through the station.  Each time he comes close to catching me, I dart away just in the nick of time.  I am so fast, so agile, and again I love the feeling of being persued by a man so intelligent and inflexible as the officer.  I remember admiring his resolve as I ran. 

This cat and mouse game continues for most of the dream.  Then, at the very height of the tension, I do something entirely unexpected, that even my animalish dream-self was surprised at: I let him catch me.  I let him catch me, bind me with numerous ropes, and then lead me to a cell.  All the way we walk, he is lecturing me, chastising me, and I enjoy it.  In fact, being lectured by the officer is erotic for me.  I start to talk to him.  I open up, and tell him everything that I know, everything he might be looking for.  He listens gravely and intently, following my every word.  When I am finished talking, we know what has happened:  We are friends, and we are flirting along the edges of love.  We had become enamored with one another. 

At the end of the dream, he walks me out of the station and I say jokingly that maybe I should go bother some other officer. 

Anyway, that's when I woke up.  When I woke up I couldn't shake the feeling that something had been 'solved' in the dream.  I honestly enjoy my chase dreams, but I've NEVER had one of them end this way.  I never face my chaser and I most certaintly don't fall in love with him in my other dreams.  So I'm thinking that this dream means that maybe I am making progress? 

thanks for reading if you did!  :sun:

*me*

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3861895 - 03/03/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

really? hmm.. i can never control my dreams.. ever.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3861928 - 03/03/05 10:48 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

really? hmm.. i can never control my dreams.. ever.

--

And the only recurring dreams that i've had over the years ever since i was little were either dreams where i would meet a girl and sort of fall in love with her and then i'd wake up and get all depressed because it wasn't real. that's happened many times. and another is like id get into some fight with someone and i'd go to punch them and my arms would feel like they were under water so i couldn't really punch them, you know what i mean... Yeah, that's happened many times also, very frustrating. other than those two, the rest are usually just all different and sort of weird.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineNuperSova
Stranger
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: Locus]
    #3862047 - 03/03/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

sounds like Girl, Interrupted part II

--------------------
I Refuse To Say I'm Lost Just Because I Don't Know Where I Am

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: One bad-ass, heart-thumping DREAM!! [Re: NuperSova]
    #3862359 - 03/03/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

what do ya mean?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate