Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblembuck7
PooNaNNy Lover
Just a reminder on Trade Ratings
    #3758373 - 02/09/05 10:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty much a newb still and I like to help other newbs out.  But I (being selfish) would like to remind the newbs I've traded with already that the rating system is there to be used.  If a trade is made, acknowledge it.  Speed, quality, and what was promised. 

I say this only becuase, when a trade is requested, I would think most people look at the others ratings before agreeing.  That is unless you have shit to just give away. I wish I was one of those people.  I'm not tore up over this, its just a reminder.

Even if I don't get rated, I'd still trade with you guys again in a flash.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just a reminder on Trade Ratings [Re: mbuck7]
    #3758392 - 02/09/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If someone hasn't followed up with a deserved trade rating for you, PM'ing them with a little nudge can help.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinelargosnook
2 glassesicewaddawiddice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky
Re: Just a reminder on Trade Ratings [Re: Holydiver]
    #3764189 - 02/10/05 10:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

pm them B and tell them what you told us, they should understand. You made a believer out of me! What you said makes perfect sense.

--------------------
"I Love my Honey-Bunny!"

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Just a reminder on Trade Ratings [Re: largosnook]
    #3764219 - 02/10/05 11:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, you are right on with your request. Like they said, PM the people.

If they don't respond, talk to admins.

as for the advice to make sure that trade ratings are given in the future, I am 50/50 on that. I see your point...just a sort of shout out to newbs with a heads up/reminder on some basic courtesy. On the other hand, ratings are optional. It is for that reason that makes ratings so credible - no one has to give them...in fact, people have to go out of the way to give them.

In light of that, I would say that honest, fair, quick trading should be a standard, not an exception. When a rating (good/bad) is given, it is because that person feels STRONGLY that it is important that other people know how things went down, or at least show ones distaste/preference for a particular member.

So to sum it up,

PM the people if you feel that you really do deserve recognition for your communication. Or, if you would like, rate them and follow up with a PM hinting that you would appreciate it very much if they took the time to give you a rating.

If you don't get a response, there isn't much you can do. If you really went through some trouble, you can take it up with an admin. Otherwise, don't fix the system if the system isn't broke.

No offense meant, so p,ease don't take any...don't want it to come off the wrong way.

Peace and Love
'Doobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisiblembuck7
PooNaNNy Lover
Re: Just a reminder on Trade Ratings [Re: ADoobie]
    #3764251 - 02/10/05 11:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I see what your saying too man, no offense taken either.  :tongue2:  I agree that they don't HAVE to rate me and like I said, I'll still trade with them since I was satisfied.  But in the same boat, if they WEREN'T satisfied, I'd would like to know so that way I'll know if I'm F'ing up somehow. 

Rate or no Rate, this is the place to be for myc, newb or not, I Love them all!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation