Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [PA]
    #3733957 - 02/05/05 03:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Shroom" arrests expected
Saturday, February 5, 2005
York Daily Record

Police: People rented two apartments, living in one and growing hallucinogenic mushrooms in the other.

York City Police say they have the lease agreements to two Pine Hill Farms apartments - one of which housed a hallucinogenic mushroom farm - and hope to have warrants for at least three people soon.

"We have a good idea who was involved", said Detective Jim McBride. "We think at least one of them was there when we entered."

Police raided the apartments, in the 400 block of Piedmont Circle, Thursday night and discovered a door that had been built between the two apartments. One apartment was used solely for harvesting mushrooms; the other was used for living, McBride said. Inside the apartment where the people lived, police found a television on and a plateful of dinner nearby, he said.

McBride said he was unsure how long the people had lived there, but said, "I imagine as soon as they got in, they fixed it up. . . . There was a lot of effort taken inside the apartment to make it conducive for them to grow - air purifiers, some lighting, water and chemicals."

Throughout the apartment's rooms, police found the illegal mushrooms in various stages of growth: five pounds of dried mushrooms, which are ready to be sold; 50 tubs of mushrooms still growing, and more than 100 containers of spores, ready to be planted, McBride said.

Dried mushrooms sell on the street for about $1,800 a pound, McBride said.

McBride said police drove to the apartment just after 8 p.m. A woman who lives above the mushroom farm called 911 because a strong odor from the apartment was giving her a headache, he said.

Police did not get a response when they knocked on the door, and fearing that someone was injured inside, broke out a window. Police's suspicions were aroused further when they peered inside, and saw the front door had been barricaded, McBride said.

Once inside the apartment, police found the farm. They spent several hours at the apartment, and confiscated the drugs and equipment, McBride said.

York County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Bill Graff said mushroom farms are not prevalent in York County.

"I think it's uncommon", he said. "I can't remember the last time we had a good shroom case."

Graff said the people operating the farm were not doing it simply for their own use, they were growing the mushrooms for sale. Manufacturing illegal drugs is a felony, Graff said.

Quiet neighborhood

Although Pine Hill Farms is part of York, it is separated from the rest of the city by Route 30 and borders Manchester Township. Neighbors said they were stunned someone would set up a drug operation in the quiet neighborhood, where kids are often at play.

Donald Reynolds said he’s lived there for about a year, and in that time never noticed anything unusual at the apartments police raided, nor did he know who lived there.

When he saw police cordon off the front yard with yellow tape Thursday night, he thought someone had died inside.

"It was quite shocking to hear that was going on there", he said. "We didn't think in this neighborhood, that anyone would be doing something like that."

Andres Navarrete said he too had no idea drugs were being grown in the nearby apartment.

"We just moved over here a few months ago and I have four kids that play (near there). . . . I don't want my children to see that kind of stuff", he said. "I didn't think that people lived over there, I never saw anyone."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: veggie]
    #3734859 - 02/05/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

McBride said police drove to the apartment just after 8 p.m. A woman who lives above the mushroom farm called 911 because a strong odor from the apartment was giving her a headache, he said.

Police did not get a response when they knocked on the door, and fearing that someone was injured inside, broke out a window.

Strong odor? Sounds like bullshit to me, someone narc'd and they didn't feel like waiting for a warrent.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3735097 - 02/05/05 12:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ammmmmeeeeeerica, Ammmeeeeeeeeeerica, "god" dump thy shit on meeeeeeeeee

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3737216 - 02/05/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
more than 100 containers of spores, ready to be planted, McBride said.

lol

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3739897 - 02/06/05 06:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like some set-up....{the Grow AND the bust}

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3740770 - 02/06/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Police did not get a response when they knocked on the door, and fearing that someone was injured inside, broke out a window.

What the fuck? Since when can cops just knock on any door and break a window if no one answers?

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: Catalysis]
    #3741565 - 02/06/05 04:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The excuse is "someone might be hurt in there".

They can do anything they want.

It sucks, be careful.

My guess is that they thought it was a meth lab so they made up the report of a strong odor comming from the place.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3742987 - 02/06/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, police can be just as shady as any dealer I know. "Anonymous" tips and excuses like "someone could be hurt" are their way around the law. If they get a good lawyer they can have the search thrown out I bet.

Penn is the largest producer of mushrooms in the world (white button and portabella anyway). I am sure some of their mushroom facilities aren't just making buttons :p

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3754898 - 02/09/05 05:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well I wrote a letter to the jopurnalist who wrote the article and told him about the edibles and the fact that shroosm sell for about $600 dollars per pound, not $a800 as the cops said and also about how spores are not planted.,

He went to my site and sent me this email this morning.
Not everyone write sme back when they published these kinda stories.

Quote:

Mr. Allen -- Thanks for the e-mail, I appreciate the feedback. If we ever have another one of these shroom-raids, (who knows when that might be, this is the first in the five years I've been here), I'll be sure to get your input. Thanks, Ted Czech

From the York, PA. News Team.

mj

Offlineazurescens
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3757325 - 02/09/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

> "....shroosm sell for about $600 dollars per pound, not $a800 as the cops said...."

Once again, this is an insanely narrow minded opinion. Shrooms on the east coast, especially the NE go for anywhere between 1500-2500. Now I know that you can get them cheaper in the PNW or some other areas but to make it sound as if one can find shrooms anywhere for $600 is just,well.....WRONG!!!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3758184 - 02/09/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In the Northeast, mushrooms often sell for $35 an eighth, or $4480 a pound. If you bought a whole pound at once, it would be cheaper, but nowhere near $600.

I think you're applying PNW standards to the Northeast, which has higher prices for most things.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleveggieM

#3761755 - 02/10/05 12:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Shroom" suspects arraigned
FREE ON BAIL
February 10, 2005
yorkdispatch.com

Two suspected growers of hallucinogenic mushrooms are free on bail after turning themselves in earlier this week.

David Minnich and his wife, Mannette Minnich, both 26, were released on $20,000 unsecured bail by District Justice Richard Martin.

David Minnich was arraigned Tuesday afternoon, and his wife was arraigned yesterday. Both are charged with one count of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and conspiracy.

Records show police are searching for two other suspects.

David Minnich is now residing in Gambrills, Md., and Mannette Minnich is staying in Glen Burnie, Md.

Their arrests stem from a Feb. 3 incident in which police were called to a Piedmont Circle apartment by a resident complaining of an unusual odor.

Police said no one answered a knock on the door of 489 Piedmont Circle; when they broke a window and looked in, they saw a large amount of psilocybin mushrooms and a "sophisticated" growing operation.

They also said they found a hidden passageway connecting 489 Piedmont Circle to the adjacent 487 Piedmont Circle, where the Minnichs were living.

Mannette Minnich's lawyer, Douglas Bare, said his client had no idea of what was going on next door.

"The first time she found out about it was after police told her, Bare said. "The police are just assuming that because she was a tenant that she had known." Neither David Minnich, nor his lawyer Suzanne Smith, could be immediately reached for comment.

OfflineSanMateo
Stranger

Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found *DELETED* [Re: veggie]
    #6307258 - 11/28/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by SanMateo

Reason for deletion: i wanna smoke some muthafuckin ganj

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: SanMateo]
    #6307309 - 11/28/06 10:53 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

nice bump.
seems the cops illegaly broke that window to peer in. totaly unjustified.

Offlineembryo
Stranger

Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9017278 - 10/02/08 07:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i fucking hate cops
this is why america is the best and worst country in the world

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [PA] [Re: veggie]
    #9017388 - 10/02/08 08:40 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

York County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Bill Graff said mushroom farms are not prevalent in York County.

"I think it's uncommon", he said. "I can't remember the last time we had a good shroom case."

"I can't remember the last time we had a good shroom case." Sounds like a comedy. And they probably escaped through the front door of the adjacent flat right under the police's noses.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [PA] [Re: roquet]
    #9019236 - 10/02/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Police said no one answered a knock on the door of 489 Piedmont Circle; when they broke a window and looked in, they saw a large amount of psilocybin mushrooms and a "sophisticated" growing operation.

:nonono:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Hallucinogenic Mushroom "Farm" Found [Re: embryo]
    #9019364 - 10/02/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

embryo said:
i fucking hate cops
this is why america is the best and worst country in the world

this thread is three years old, and your replying right after a post where i congratulated someone for bumping an old thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract