Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
RH too high in PMP ??? Magash Style PMP
    #3755835 - 02/09/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have a PMP awaiting my cakes that are still colonizing in the incubator. I was running my PMP to make sure I had optimal conditions. Right now I have an analog hydrometer/ temp guage I got at Wally World for like $4.00. It is reading only 90% RH but I have tons of condensation on the lid of my PMP. I plan on getting a better digital hydrometer very soon so I can have precise measurements but my main concern now is all the water droplets on the lid. Does anyone else have this problem? In all the pics I've seen posted by MAGASH of his PMP the sides are always clean (no water droplets) and you can see right in. Mine has so much condensation you can barely see through it (it's a clear plastic Rubbermaid). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Fell off theWagon

Re: RH too high in PMP ??? Magash Style PMP [Re: PhdHater]
    #3755850 - 02/09/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

seems fine to me.... most the pics I have seen have all kinds of condensation

"I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come alive from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind---and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."

Loc: I moved!
Re: RH too high in PMP ??? Magash Style PMP [Re: Damn_Skippy]
    #3755860 - 02/09/05 02:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

cakes like 95-100% RH. Odds are that if you have that sort of condensation, and you fan a couple of times a day, things are all good in the hood. condensation will occur if the tempurature inside a container differs from the outside, and how much moisture is in the air.

Uniform tempurates will decrease condensation.

ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Avid Learner
Re: RH too high in PMP ??? Magash Style PMP [Re: ADoobie]
    #3755972 - 02/09/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It isn't really a problem I don't think. The only problem I see is if the droplets fall on the cakes while they are pinning. That could increase your number of aborts. I am going to be fruiting in a cold room so I know I will get major condensation too.

There are a couple of solutions. One is to put blankets or other insulators over the fruiting chamber to even out the heat inside and out so that will be less condensation. The other solution is to make a small drip shield to keep droplets from hitting the cakes. You can use a cheap piece of plastic, with a simple / that lets it drain to one side or make a /\ that lets it go to both sides. Either will work, depends on how tall your chamber is.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation