Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
Lights And Humidity
    #3755421 - 02/09/05 10:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so I'm wondering does it make any difference in terms of fire risk or other bad stuff, if you out the light directly in the high humidity environment. all my other grows i had the light in a sealed container but this time i cant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Lights And Humidity [Re: intrigue]
    #3755432 - 02/09/05 10:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Light outside of the chamber will be best for many reasons IMHO.

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lights And Humidity [Re: tripndicular]
    #3755522 - 02/09/05 10:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can put it inside the chamber. Outside IS best but if you put it inside you'll run into very minimal problems. Main ones are spores getting all over the light, rusting metal on some (not a huge deal but makes a mess), and not removing the stickers on them that are paper. They'll soak up the water and turn green and black and disgusting so remove stickers first.

I use 6 lights within my grow chambers in 99% humidity and so far 1 compact flouro bulb popped (after like 5 months of use or so) right as I turned it on. The plastic housing where you screw the bulb in mustve gotton moisture because thats what actually cracked. The bulbs themselves dont seem to mind so much. There are no ill effects when on because the heat of them keeps the moisture away.

I DONT put them on a timer though...if something like what happened to me happened to you and it did spark (I didnt notice any and had no problems at all or anything) when you werent there and it caught something, that could be an issue. However plastic tubs filled with water and rocks and mycelium shouldnt be the biggest fire hazard in the world.

Well, rambled way long on a simple subject..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
Re: Lights And Humidity [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3755570 - 02/09/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the replies i too feel better putting them on the outside. but that isnt an option this time(the grow this time will be in a homemade box under the bed) but my lights will be on a timer for ease of use. maybe ill look into a water proof enclosure

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds