Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannagod
Stranger
Desperate for help
    #3755177 - 02/09/05 08:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hello everyone....this is my first post on here and i am rather new so you will have to pardon the way this is written (typed).

First i would lilke to thank everyone for making this site possible and full of information. But thats the problem. Its so full of info that i am having troule finding thecorrect info. So i decided to thread the issue.

Here is my problem.

Spring is right around the corner so spring planting of vegitables early on is the key. So after getting me some Peat Pellets (wall mart seedling starters) and the required mulch and compost, it seems to be doing some strange happenings. Everything was fine till 1-2 weeks ago when i noticed little brown and tan (some white) mushrooms apperaing out of the PEAT and not the mulch. Every single one of the Peat pellets has hordes and hordes of the mushrooms appearing every night. I have search and searched for picts to compare to so i can get a positive id on them. (Due to the lack of funds we have no camera fo picts but soon!)

Now i am not sure if these mushrooms are going to cause damage to my vegitables or if mother nature has sent them to me for a reason. The only shrooms i ever dealt with before was straight from a pasture. Due to the toxic ability of shrooms and the like i would rather know what knid of shroom they are...(The reason being i heard not to touch any shrooms cause they could be poisionus. We have a cat and i would hate for her to get them.)

A decription of these shrroms are as followed...I will be descriptive as possible....wish me luck!

HEIGHT: 1.5 - 2 inches
CAP COLOR: VARIES (Small caps are yellowish to tan with deep blue or black edges) (Larger caps almost blue gray with hints of tan and yellow)
Cap size: 1/4 - 3/4 inch
STEM Size: VERY THIN AND FRAGILE
STEM COLOR: white to yelow white
GILLS: EXTREME BLUE BLACK (gills appear well raised and defined on underside resulting in raised surface area resembling underside.)
STRUCTURE: UNDEVELOPED PODS ARE CONE SHAPED DEVELOPED PODS RESEMBLE BELLS or better desription is a jellyfish BELL.
TEXTURE: caps are rough and ridged stems smooth and paper thin

OTHER: some of the shroom caps if touching another will turn to a black slimy substance that is very hard to get off skin.

If you know of any link with pics or better yet any advice on what these are would greatly be appreciatd. This is driving me crazy.
I figured since this is a shroom site, someone would know what these are growing out of these peat pellets.

I hope the above will be of some help on finding me some desperate help.

Thank you once again for your time and consideration on this post! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Desperate for help [Re: cannagod]
    #3755383 - 02/09/05 09:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Go to the mushroom hunting forum. You'll get a reply faster there.

Anonymous

Re: Desperate for help *DELETED* [Re: cannagod]
    #3755448 - 02/09/05 10:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinecannagod
Stranger
Re: Desperate for help [Re: ]
    #3765776 - 02/11/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you very much for that picture. That is exactly what they are. I really appreciate that. You say those are ink caps? wow! funny name but clever. I have 3 types corn, 2 cucumbers, several beans and soon an avacado. I was worried the shrooms make take up the nutrients or worse cause fungs or something to kill them.

Now a big relief is up on my head.

Once again I thank you!

P>S THEY REALLY STAIN YOUR SKIN LIKE MULBERRIES DO!

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
Re: Desperate for help [Re: cannagod]
    #3766385 - 02/11/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cannagod said:
wow! funny name but clever

are you saying that funny is a bad thing?

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder